Transformers News: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime

Wednesday, April 17th, 2019 8:34AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 40,835

We have some nice new images of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series 44 Leader Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime. These are stock images of the final product. You can see him in package as well as out of the package. This is a slight retool of the SS 32 Optimus Prime and he can combine with Leader Jetfire as well. The extra chest piece that comes with Jetfire seems to be fore this particular Optimus, so that you can give him the Revenge of the Fallen look instead of the rock hard abs he got in Dark of the Moon. The wings and the weapons ring are both seperate parts of the trailer. This is scheduled for a September 1 release.

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate Transformers collection with Studio Series figures, inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the Transformers movie universe.

In the Battle of Chicago scene from Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Optimus Prime blasts into battle, using his Jetwing tech to take out the Driller tearing through Chicago.

This Studio Series 44 Leader Class Optimus Prime figure features vivid, movie-inspired deco and converts from robot to truck mode in 44 steps. Truck trailer converts into jetwing tech to form Jetwing Optimus Prime. Remove backdrop to showcase Optimus Prime in the Battle of Chicago scene. Includes 5 detailed accessories: 2 blasters, 2 Energon weapons, and shield. For kids age 8 and up!

Fans can add parts from the Studio Series 35 Leader Class Jetfire figure (sold separately, subject to availability) to this figure to form Jetpower Optimus Prime. Below are the images followed by the product description.

Includes: figure, 5 accessories, trailer, removable backdrop, and instructions.

Features:

Figure is highly articulated, featuring vivid, movie-inspired deco, and includes 5 detailed accessories and trailer.
Figure scale reflects the character’s size in the world of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Figure and packaging are inspired by the iconic Battle of Chicago.
Features classic conversion between robot and truck modes in 44 steps. Truck trailer converts into jetwing tech to form Jetwing Optimus Prime.
Figure scale: 8.5 inches

Ages 8 and up
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019200)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 17th, 2019 @ 8:51am CDT
:shock: Glad I waited for this version. It looks amazing! The trailer looks a little off, but it look really nice. It's missing some paint on some of the weapons, and I don't really like how the sword is a solid color, but it's definitely the best version to come out of Studio Series so far. I can paint the axe and parts of the shield, and I'll probably just use the swords from SS-05
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019201)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:10am CDT
I like how they went through the trouble of remolding the ab piece, but couldn't be bothered to paint it. Of all the things left unpainted for this release (and there's quite a few of them)...

Eh. Doesn't bother me much since I'll be using the other ab piece anyway. Now to hope that they fixed the grill so that it doesn't refuse to latch after a handful of transformations.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019202)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
This thing is super rad, though I’m curious where they get the “5 accessories” from.

1. Sword
2. Shield
3. Ion Blaster
4. Axe
5. Other Gun
6. Other Other Gun
7. Jetwing
8. Weapon Ring

If you wanted to be generous you could count the trailer as all one thing, but that’s still 7 accessories. If you wanted to be even more generous, you could count the trailer as per of the figure, but that still leaves 6 accessories.

Right? I’m either missing something or it’s just a gratuitous typo, but I just though it odd.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019204)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:25am CDT
I really like this new version of Optimus (besides the unpainted abs), but it also annoys the heck out of me to see that it includes the gun from SS-32, rendering that toy completely obsolete. I don't like this bait and switch thing where they offer a figure, only to reveal a better one after everyone has gone and made the purchase. It feels very dishonest to consumers.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019205)
Posted by Agent 53 on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:36am CDT
I already have the 07/ROTF figure but I'm getting this guy as well. As far as I am concerned you an never have to many Optimus Primes, or Bumblebees, (or Jetfires for that matter, I have the SS one, I have the MakeToys one and I plan to get the siege one.)
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019206)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:39am CDT
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019207)
Posted by william-james88 on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:46am CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:The lack of paint on this figure really keeps it from being something I want. I'm sure it would be awesome with a few more details and colors, but right now it just looks so bland, especially all the gray trailer stuff.

You'll just have to wait for the SS 50 exclusive repaint of this toy.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019208)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:49am CDT

Feeling a similar way, but imo the trailer-jetpack makes it worth it, even if it didn't have the extra accessories.

But yeah, the abs especially annoy me, because look at all the silver paint wasted on the windows! There seems to be conflicting priorities here.

william-james88 wrote:

You'll just have to wait for the SS 50 exclusive repaint of this toy.

It'll be that, or an 07/RotF Bumblebee (finally).
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019209)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 17th, 2019 @ 9:54am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You'll just have to wait for the SS 50 exclusive repaint of this toy.

This is why I didn't buy Clunker Bumblebee. It's like, oh NOW you make him look accurate? Well sorry, you already got my money once.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019210)
Posted by william-james88 on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:15am CDT
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019212)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:21am CDT

Overall, it looks like a good figure that can finally do what I've wanted one to do ;)^

But the photoshopped Prime art on the box still looks terrible :lol:
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019213)
Posted by FrankTheJohnson on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:30am CDT
I like how close and accurate they are getting with this studio series line, helps me complete my movie collection across the board. This doesn't fall short, yeah it's not perfect but what's missing gives me the opportunity to work on it once I've finished collecting movie figures. This will be my first Optimus Prime with a trailer since I don't collect G1 figures and it's totally better in retrospect to G1 trailers. I'll eventually get a G1 version of Optimus Prime but for now this figure thickens my quality of a collection. I'd give this figure a 8 out of 10 jus because it's done enough to allow me to make it perfect with the best paint job.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019214)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:42am CDT
Prime’s looking awesome! I like that the gold on the front of the truck mode is more subtle and metallic than we saw at NYTF where it was bright yellow. The sculpt on the sword is great looking, too!

I seriously can’t wait to get this Prime, easily my most anticipated figure this year!
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019215)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:44am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Regarding the weapons deco

That's about right, lmao.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019219)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:56am CDT
has anyone else looked at this new Optimus and thought "I wonder how that Trailer will look on Siege Voyager Optimus"?
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019225)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 17th, 2019 @ 11:23am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I will admit I have quite a few nitpicks, but it's all decowise really, everything else is fine. I would have liked a bit more deco, like the abs, which could have been painted silver if they didn't use that for the windows :HEADHURTS: The sword being that orange bothers me a little, and the fact that it is supposed to be used as a regular sword also bothers me. Couldn't they have given us the swords from the first Voyager Prime? Would have looked better and be more movie accurate with how it's meant to be held. The lack of orange paint on the axe and shield can be forgiven as they could represent the powered off mode of them, and the trailer is... ok. I mean, sure I would have liked some silver paint on it, but I still like it otherwise.

But the photoshopped Prime art on the box still looks terrible :lol:

Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019235)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 17th, 2019 @ 12:08pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:If I remember correctly, in DOTM, he did have a normal sword for a few minutes but it looked identical to the other ones

Yeah, the swords in DOTM are the same as in MV1 and ROTF, he just holds them instead of them extending from his arms. At the start of DOTM he grabs a sword from the trailer weapon ring, and later in the movie when he fights Sentinel it extends from his arm like they did in the previous movies but then he detaches and holds it.

Edit 2: Actually, he does have the swords extending from his arms (like in the first 2 movies) briefly during that glorious Decepticon killstreak right before he kills Shockwave.

EDIT: Pics

MV1/ROTF:
Prime1.jpg

DOTM:
Prime2.jpg
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019236)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on April 17th, 2019 @ 12:25pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Regarding the weapons deco

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019240)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 17th, 2019 @ 12:58pm CDT
They finally give us a movie Opitmus Prime in the Studio Series with the yellow fade on the front of the truck cab nose, but they forget to paint the abs silver and instead make the clear windshield opaque with silver paint!? Who is making these decisions!? Well, I guess you can still stick the alternate abs piece from Jetfire on there for more "accuracy" to first two films, but that still doesn't fix that fact that they painted the clear plastic windows for no good reason.
Re: New Stock Images Including in package Image of Studio Series 44 Leader DOTM Optimus Prime (2019245)
Posted by Emerje on April 17th, 2019 @ 3:57pm CDT
Personally I'm annoyed that they seem to have gone back to that weird shade of red that turned off so many people from the first SS Voyager Optimus Prime. Replace this guy with with the better Voyager version and then stick him with Jetfire so the red is complemented by the black and his abs get covered.

Also...

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Botbots series 1 Spud Muffin #12" on EBAY
Buy "SLAPPYHAPPY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Backpack Bunch 2019 Slappy Happy Ruler" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS  UNIVERSAL STUDIOS EXCLUSIVE THE RIDE EVAC 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Bruticus complete Combaticons combiner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers FOC Platnium Series Bruticus Figures Nice Used" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Legends Animated Optimus Prime Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Arms Micron Ironhide AM-20 Prime Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime Complete" on EBAY