New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing

New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020 6:11pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,477

We have some new stock images of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series 65 Voyager Blitzwing. This gives us our best look yet at the final product and sadly, it's not all good news. We see taht the head is indeed not painted and that concurs with other images we saw of that toy, like these in package images. These images show us the various weapons he has along with images of the alt mode at different angles. The images come from the In Demand Toys website.

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Blitzwing

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Blitzwing

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Blitzwing

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Blitzwing

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Blitzwing

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Blitzwing

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Blitzwing

Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069007)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 6:23pm CDT
Given how this stage of promo pics has still been wrong before about paint apps, there is still a chance the final figure's head will be painted correctly, a la Studio Series Leader Optimus' ab piece and Earthrise Optimus' hands, head, and pelvis.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069009)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 23rd, 2020 @ 6:32pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069011)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 23rd, 2020 @ 6:49pm CDT
Kinda lame with the white head, but aside from that, I’m really liking him a lot. I’m sure some black paint or a Sharpie will fix the white head fairly easily.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069013)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 23rd, 2020 @ 6:51pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:You know what accessory HasTak overlooked that I hoped someone makes? Rampage's cannons.

Rampage already has his cannons. They're not impressive, but they gave you the option for them.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069014)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 23rd, 2020 @ 6:52pm CDT

They didn't overlook them, you're supposed to remove the bulldozer mode pistons and plug them into his hands. They aren't the most screen-accurate guns in the line, but they also definitely didn't forget them.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069015)
Posted by Prime Target on June 23rd, 2020 @ 6:59pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069017)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 23rd, 2020 @ 7:03pm CDT
My attempt at "fixing" Blitzwing, I just added the needed black and grey to his head and crotch, while giving him the extra detail of painted wheels. Really excited for Blitzwing, in any case. He looks fabulous.
PicsArt_06-23-08.00.03.jpg
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069019)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 7:14pm CDT
Remember y'all:

SS-44 "final" promo pic with unpainted red abs:

SS-44 actual figure with painted silver abs:

ER OP "final" promo pic with unpainted grey hands and silver painted codpiece and yellow painted eyes:

ER OP actual figure with painted blue hands and codpiece and light blue painted eyes:

Now, does this mean the final Blitzwing will definitely have the correctly painted head? No, but it does mean this is by no means definitely representative of the final figure.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069029)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2020 @ 7:42pm CDT
That head definitely looks weird. Hopefully this is a DotM Prime case.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069037)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 23rd, 2020 @ 8:06pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:...I'm just gonna hope that that sample of Blitzwing is just incorrect, otherwise that's unfortunate. I'm still really glad he comes with both his weapons though.

Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069039)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 8:16pm CDT
I really hope you can mount the missiles under the wing using the slot in the top because they do not look good upside-down in the jet mode photo. They look to be removable, so fingers crossed. Worst case, I just leave them out for jet mode.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069040)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 23rd, 2020 @ 8:30pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Ah, I see. I don't think I saw that in the instructions. Thank you for pointing it out.

;)^
And you're right that you didn't see them in the instructions, they aren't there, I checked while posting, but it is an official feature because Hasbro shows it in the stock photo on the figure's packaging (and I want to say they displayed it that way before it came out, but I don't recall for certain).
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069044)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 8:48pm CDT
I'm worried this will be yet another solid SS mold ruined by terrible cheap paint. I know it's not final but SS track record in the paint department is not great imo.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069045)
Posted by Lore Keeper on June 23rd, 2020 @ 9:10pm CDT
Prime Target wrote:If that head is the Final Deco and it's not Black like it should be I'm not buying. It'd go against the Modus Operandi of the line of Screen accuracy and Scale and Jeep Bumblebee is both.

Despite being a completionist, I passed on Crankcase and KSI Boss. I'm not usually hung up on screen accuracy, but when that's the point of the entire toyline, these two should just not exist as is.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069047)
Posted by TulioDude on June 23rd, 2020 @ 9:26pm CDT
This mold looks great!
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069048)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 23rd, 2020 @ 9:26pm CDT
KSI Boss was still a great army builder with solid paint.

Crankcase on the other hand...
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069051)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 23rd, 2020 @ 9:56pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:KSI Boss was still a great army builder with solid paint.

Crankcase on the other hand...

I’m still confused as to why they didn’t just repaint the Berserker mold for Crankcase. I know Berserker wasn’t great, but I still think it’s better figure than Crowbar, especially after gluing the arm panels on, which wouldn’t be difficult for Hasbro to do.

I’m sure Blitzwing’s head will be painted on the final version, like everyone’s said. The robot mode looks pretty well done, I’m just so bummed we didn’t get a licensed F-4 mode, or something that looks pretty close to an F-4. I’ll pass on Blitzwing and probably pick up Skipjack instead, since I didn’t get Rampage.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069052)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 23rd, 2020 @ 10:44pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:That head definitely looks weird.

It looks like a literal skull, I'm kinda down for that :-?
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069056)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 24th, 2020 @ 3:38am CDT
I'm not sure screen accuracy has ever been the main goal of studio series going by all the ss figures that aren't. Not going to get my hopes up for a more accurate springer over the slightly flawed siege springer going forward.

Seems every figure has to have some glaring uglyness (like blitzs missiles in jet mode) so some has/tak employee can make a killing on the side with their third party upgrade business :(
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series 65 Blitzwing (2069062)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 24th, 2020 @ 5:03am CDT
I highly doubt that's the case. It's mostly just corporate pennypinching budget limits to maximize HasTak's own profit margins on the toys themselves. Plus of course the general downsizing.

However, the Studio Series original molds are in fact meant to be more screen accurate within those limits, at least for important characters and first uses.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY