New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger

Friday, September 20th, 2019 12:37PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,338

Fellow Seibertronian bacem has informed us of new images for next year's first two leader class toys in the Transformers Studio Series line. They are leader Shockwave and Scavenger. We previously had renders but these are stock images of the actual toys in their final deco. We see them both in their boxes and in their different modes, though the angle for Shockwave's alt mode is rather unflattering. Sadly, we do not have a good sense of their scale yet, which is rather important since the leader class has been all over the place in this line. It's still not clear just how big Scavenger is compared to his fellow movie Constructicons.

Both are due out early next year at wide retail at the standard $50 USD mark. The images come from In Demand Toys on Facebook.

Credit(s): in demand toys
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039018)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 20th, 2019 @ 1:35pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039021)
Posted by YRQRM0 on September 20th, 2019 @ 1:55pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039023)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on September 20th, 2019 @ 2:01pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I wonder what the little extra panel for Scavenger is used for, and whether it is just cosmetic for the alt mode or needed for forming Devy.

Probably alt mode bits like Scrapmetal
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039036)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 20th, 2019 @ 4:52pm CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:It looks to me like Scavengers wheels will be the big circular structures of Devastator's neck.

If that’s the case then that’s actually pretty clever!
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039051)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 20th, 2019 @ 6:56pm CDT
scavenger should have came with a miniature optimus prime figure
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039056)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 20th, 2019 @ 7:51pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:scavenger should have came with a miniature optimus prime figure

That would have been adorable!
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039060)
Posted by Zeedust on September 20th, 2019 @ 8:49pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Probably alt mode bits like Scrapmetal

I hope it at least goes somewhere in combined mode. It bugs me that there's no proper place in hand mode for Scrapmetal's little panel.

RotF Stratosphere came with one that seems like it'd probably be about the right scale, so you might want to check ebay or something?
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039062)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 20th, 2019 @ 10:11pm CDT

Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039064)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 20th, 2019 @ 10:35pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Of course Scavenger is mistransformed in those stock images. The big wheels are supported by both struts each in the test shot and previous stock image:

If you look at how he is packaged, I can totally see the photographer taking one out of the box, turning the upper wheel 90 degrees and snapping away for bot mode.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039066)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2019 @ 11:26pm CDT
Except that that's Demolishor, not Scavenger.

It's Demolishor who should come with a mini-Optimus.

(Dem is White, Scav is Red)
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039067)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 20th, 2019 @ 11:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Except that that's Demolishor, not Scavenger.

It's Demolishor who should come with a mini-Optimus.

(Dem is White, Scav is Red)

then why does the box say scavenger
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039068)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2019 @ 11:38pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Except that that's Demolishor, not Scavenger.

It's Demolishor who should come with a mini-Optimus.

(Dem is White, Scav is Red)

then why does the box say scavenger
Because it was Scavenger who formed Devastator's torso in the movie. Demolishor was the white one who got killed in Shanghai near the beginning of the movie.

This is Scavenger (in the middle):

And this is Demolishor:

Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039070)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 20th, 2019 @ 11:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Except that that's Demolishor, not Scavenger.

It's Demolishor who should come with a mini-Optimus.

(Dem is White, Scav is Red)

then why does the box say scavenger

This is Scavenger (in the middle):

And this is Demolishor:

It doesn't help that the original RotF red toy was called Demolishor, who was later redecoed in white. Outside of Legends Class, Scavenger never had a transforming figure... officially that is.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039134)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 12:31am CDT

I feel like I've been spoiled by the new SS and the new Siege products because this is just a little touch of the old with KSI, or Kissy as he's unfortunately intuitively nicknamed. Like this engineering to me feels like the step from where Transformers were before last year to where they are now. He's almost to where the current SS series and Siege figures are buuuuut...just a hair off. Not quite there. It makes me appreciate where the toys are now that much more.

Honestly, and I feel like I can be such a stickler...but it's the lack of ankle tilts that really gets me. It takes away so much dynamic posing. And with that paint that pops and the guns every where you want to get a cool saddle stance going on and a waist tilt but you don't get that here.

It's just a little thing but I've always been a stickler for little details like that. This is one that no pun intended gives the whole toy a poor foot to stand on for me.

Otherwise his guns are awesome and the jet mode looks pretty good. I love the paint and the look I mean he does look like he could be a knight-version-Gundam-type-robot. He just looks like a cool all around emotionless robot that could level the population of an average sized world.

His crotch won't stay pegged together (that's what someone said) which is super frustrating because it doesn't take much handling for his crotch to fall apart (also, said, person, order, not that in).

But I've again got to give it positive points for the transformation design because you just don't see that flipping of limbs in quite that way every day. It's definitely unique and sweet Christmas is he ever heavily armed. The cycloptic eye looks great and I love the versatility with the TR gimmick. The cockpit even fits a Titanmaster that's awesome.

All in all though, I think it's a solid $30 I would have rather saved for Thundercracker. Two out of five gravestars. This one might need to go back and find a better forever home than he'll find here.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039140)
Posted by Black Hat on September 22nd, 2019 @ 5:05am CDT
The lack of ankle rockers on that mold is a pity. I have to say that aside from that I love my Thundercracker, enough that if they did the mold as Skywarp I'd buy it (though I'd rather Skywarp was a different mold to satisfy my "all the Seekers are different" idea).
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039171)
Posted by Spider5800 on September 22nd, 2019 @ 11:27am CDT
Got the SS Leader Prime this past week, and I love it. There's some obvious complaints, the lack of paint on the weapons and the hollow parts on the wings are kind of annoying, but it's far and away the best version of the SS Voyager Prime mold. The orange fade at the front of the truck really makes it pop, the silver "abs" really compliment the robot mode well, and even with the lack of paint, having so many accessories makes for all sorts of fun poses and playability.

Currently have him next to my DOTM voyager Megatron and Shockwave, and they all look great together, which is a nice bonus, I never got any of the DOTM versions of Optimus from that line because I thought they all looked like garbage and/or didn't scale right with the other figures. May have to find a DOTM voyager Sentinel Prime to go with them all and recreate that final battle.

I ordered SS Shatter and the new car form of Dropkick off Amazon, hopefully I get one of the better versions of Shatter. Dropkick looks like a massive improvement in robot mode, although I'll probably still keep the first version around because I love the way the helicopter mode looks.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039173)
Posted by PetesSuperRobots on September 22nd, 2019 @ 11:38am CDT

Stargrave wrote:I scored KSI Boss and....honestly, I want to love him because the paint is so engrossing but I don't think I love him.

Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039175)
Posted by Stargrave on September 22nd, 2019 @ 11:53am CDT
I’m such a dork I should have specified Siege Thundercracker he’s who I’ve been kind of pining for :lol: I do like this mold! So many weapons and the TR gimmick but it’s just 90% there. You know if he’d been a TR figure he would have been like thee best TR figure.
Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039176)
Posted by Spider5800 on September 22nd, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
PetesSuperRobots wrote:My feelings exactly when I got Studio series Thundercracker...same mold and everything. Good toy, awesome even...but not as awesome as proper Studio series toys. Still, KSI would make a good Nitro Zeus!

Technically, it was Nitro Zeus first, although the head doesn't really match him or KSI Boss.

Re: New Stock Images of Studio Series Leaders Shockwave and Scavenger (2039178)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 22nd, 2019 @ 12:20pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:Anyone know if any 3rd party ever made a better head for him or KSI Boss that better matches their on-screen appearances? Seems like it would be a no-brainer there, but I've never seen anything.

Well there is this.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2C2M7 ... arketplace

But I don’t know about anything else.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 GOLDBUG BUMBLEBEE VINTAGE 1984 GENERATION 1 HEADMASTERS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations FOC Fall Of Cybertron SOUNDWAVE Complete w/ Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Thrilling 30 Legends BUMBLEBEE / Blazemaster w/ Manual" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Thrilling 30 Legends BUMBLEBEE w/ Blazemaster Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist T30 Deluxe Autobot Moist     " on EBAY
Buy "1X Hasbro Transformers Prime First Edition Arcee Blades Swords Set PRID GO! 1st " on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Construct-Bots Elite Wheeljack" on EBAY