New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime

Saturday, May 12th, 2018 11:24AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,297

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian bacem and some further looking into the sources, we have some new info and images for the Transformers Cyberverse line's figures of Ultimate size class Optimus Prime and Megatron, listed on UK wholesale website NDA-toys as Peterman and Newman! You can check it all out below, and join the mourning for Megatron's elbow loss in the Energon Pub!

TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE ULTIMATE NEWMAN

'Picture this: me, on Earth, still cooler than everyone this side of Optimus Prime, but I've got zero memories. Now I'm on a mission to recover my memories and discover all of my awesome powers. I'll have to battle Decepticons, outrun an explosion or two, and be heroic- basically, I'm in for one epic ride across the Cyberverse.' -Bumblebee

Megatron unleashes his ultimate attack against the Autobots: the Fusion Mega Shot! Convert and attack with Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers! Change figure from vehicle to robot mode in 8 steps. The last step of conversion automatically activates Megatron figure's signature Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack move! Attack move activates and can be repeated in both vehicle and robot mode

TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE ULTIMATE PETERMAN

Noble leader of the heroic Autobots, Optimus Prime defeats Decepticons with the power of the legendary Matrix of Leadership! Convert and attack with Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers! Change figure from vehicle to robot mode in 11 steps. The last step of conversion automatically activates Optimus Prime figure's signature Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack move! Repeatable attack move activates in both vehicle and robot mode!
Credit(s): NDA toys
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959080)
Posted by Black Hat on May 12th, 2018 @ 11:33am CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959081)
Posted by Skritz on May 12th, 2018 @ 11:37am CDT
I'm really mixed on the Cyberverse design: on one hand they have a sleek, cartoony style to them which remind me of Animated put through a Generation 1 filter which looks nice enough. Unfortunately it seems all the designs are marred by their simplistic, gimmick-ridden toys. I'm sure a good, well-articulate deluxe or voyager with these designs would make for a damn good toy.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959084)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 12th, 2018 @ 12:01pm CDT
These still look really good. I think this line will save me from dismissing 2018 as an off year for Transformers.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959088)
Posted by Agent 53 on May 12th, 2018 @ 12:19pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:I almost wish these didn't have such cool base designs because they're wasted on toys like that. I mean, sure there's the odd outliar (Shockwave actually looks cool) but for the most part these things look traaaaaaash with a capital Danny Devito.

It's possible that some of these 'evergreen' designs, which I believe are also the new IDW designs, could see life in the Generations line after POTP is done.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959111)
Posted by Emerje on May 12th, 2018 @ 3:20pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Thanks to fellow Seibertronian bacem and some further looking into the sources, we have some new info and images for the Transformers Cyberverse line's figures of Ultimate size class Optimus Prime and Megatron, listed on UK wholesale website NDA-toys as Peterman and Newman!

They should have named Optimus "Jerry".

Anyway, this line is looking mostly skippable.

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959181)
Posted by Nexus Knight on May 13th, 2018 @ 2:00am CDT
The idea for OP's gimmick is a neat one. Don't think we've had a Matrix toy in the US with this much open destructiveness in it.

Skritz wrote:Animated put through a Generation 1 filter

So, basically Animated?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959195)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 13th, 2018 @ 3:52am CDT
That Prime is obscuring his hands with truck kibble. I hate that. The head sculpts are terrible too especially Megatron's goofy face. The figures themselves are.. ok? They don't look great to me at all but at least a bit more detailed than usual simplified TF toys I suppose.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959216)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 13th, 2018 @ 6:49am CDT
Still dig that Megatron. However, that Optimus look like ass in both modes.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959281)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 13th, 2018 @ 4:48pm CDT
another show better than toys i presume :-?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959288)
Posted by william-james88 on May 13th, 2018 @ 7:04pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:another show better than toys i presume :-?

Another? Whens the last time that happened since G1?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959295)
Posted by bacem on May 13th, 2018 @ 7:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:another show better than toys i presume :-?

Another? Whens the last time that happened since G1?

he means, in term of show model vs toy model, i think.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959301)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 13th, 2018 @ 8:24pm CDT
bacem wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:another show better than toys i presume :-?

Another? Whens the last time that happened since G1?

he means, in term of show model vs toy model, i think.

Is hard to English.

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959765)
Posted by Va'al on May 16th, 2018 @ 5:35am CDT
In what is not a reveal of anything upcoming, but could easily work in a new War for Cybertron line, at least in potential (but I'll repeat, it is not), or an early version of what we received in the Cyberverse toyline, the official Hasbro Transformers and Pulse social media accounts have posted an image of a conceptual design of a new Megatron figure in robot mode, working out its pretend engineering, or 'pretengineering', to understand which parts of the figure/character are moveable, its structure, functions, movements, and shifts - as they the say, the 'dynamic functionality of the robot'.

Take a look at the image below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub! Again, this is not an upcoming Megatron figure - but would you like to see something like it in any of the current (if this is not the Cyberverse figure) or future lines?

[quote]MEGATRON PRETENGINEERING. Pretengineering is pretend engineering created to explain the dynamic functionality of each Transformers robot.[/quote]

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959768)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 16th, 2018 @ 6:06am CDT
Now this is the kind of thing I like seeing, and a nice design of megs to boot.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959808)
Posted by Hotconvoy on May 16th, 2018 @ 10:47am CDT
Oh, no most definitely "not a real toy" :-? .
Wait yes it is :lol: :-D.
I (with a little help from Hasbro) give you....
Transformers Cyberverse ultimate class Megatron!
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959872)
Posted by Emerje on May 16th, 2018 @ 3:36pm CDT

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959881)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 16th, 2018 @ 5:27pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Pretengineering should be the term used for figuring out how to bring full-sized, full-featured Pretenders into Generations.

Emerje

I'd support that. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1959943)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 17th, 2018 @ 5:38am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Emerje

I'd support that. :APPLAUSE:

Gets my vote as well :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1960099)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 17th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CDT
i almost thought it was the engineering behind pretenders :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron & Optimus Prime (1960102)
Posted by Skritz on May 17th, 2018 @ 9:43pm CDT
As if Hasbro would ever bring back Pretenders as normal-sized figures! You guys are all dreaming!

...and then watch this post be proven horribly wrong down the line.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018