New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox

New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox

Monday, May 17th, 2021 2:32am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Absolute Zero   Views: 33,387

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox

He looks like a nice update and honestly like a better version than the previous generations release from a few years ago, so this October you can pick up a replacement or get him for the first time if you missed out before!

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104628)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2021 @ 4:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:So that Rhinox is the exact same thing as the previous Generations T30? :-?
Inasmuch as MP-44 is the exact same thing as MP-10.

Oh.
Because the news was implying heavily that it was just a reissue.
Looking forward in hand comparisons.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104629)
Posted by Munkky on May 17th, 2021 @ 6:04am CDT
Absolute Zero wrote:Hey Seibertronians! What's up! Today we got some new shots of the upcoming KD-13 Rhinox from the WFC:Kingdom line courtesy of Dengeki Hobby! If you missed out or passed on the previous release in the Generations line, you'll soon get a second chance coming up! We've got a couple of shots of both his robot and rhino modes!

It looks pretty good, not as good as the Thrilling 30 version, but that was always going to be a tough act to follow. The faux chest is a bit off-putting, especially as the rhino's jaw is still visible behind the robot's head, but if it's what they needed to do for a more cartoon accurate chest I can't fault them for it. I have Rhinox on pre-order from Kapow Toys, but I may cancel because since then I've found other sites who are getting their pre-orders in a couple of months earlier.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104632)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on May 17th, 2021 @ 7:25am CDT
Evil Eye wrote:If Dracodon had been done more like Skelevore and Tricranium with black and translucent parts, I'd be down for it- toxic sludge dino? Count me in! As it stands, eh. Looks a bit monochromatic and I'm fine with my Vertebreak.

Vertebreak's far too thin and small to be made out of translucent plastic sadly. She'd shatter from a three-foot drop. I think the mold is only cast in two plastics (main bits and rubbery bits) so there's no way around that.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104636)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 17th, 2021 @ 8:12am CDT
Man hasbro nailed this one... mostly. the one thing that bugging me is his head. Much like the thrilling 30 rhinox, the head sculpt is fantastic, but not quite right, not quite the cartoon model rhinox. still, this is going to be a mush have for me.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104641)
Posted by That_Guy on May 17th, 2021 @ 8:46am CDT
I have no issue with his head. Chain-guns of doom seem too flat to me, that's my main grip. He still looks like a worthy purchase though. I didnt get the previous one and have been kicking myself in the butt or it.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104644)
Posted by Spider5800 on May 17th, 2021 @ 9:36am CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104662)
Posted by Overcracker on May 17th, 2021 @ 11:04am CDT
Rhinox looks excellent.

The faux rhino mouth is forgivable, since there's no way to make the actual rhino lower jaw look like it does in the show otherwise.

The Chain guns of doom are too small. They need to be a bit bigger. I'm sure some 3rd party company is going to make some replacements at some point though.

He's definitely staying pre-ordered, more so, since I never picked up the T30 version.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104666)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 17th, 2021 @ 11:31am CDT
Spider5800 wrote:Meh. Already have the T30 version, so this is a non-need for me, but this one seems off. Faux parts, tiny weapons, and those earmuffs on the headsculpt...he just looks off, especially compared to the other BW characters they've done in Kingdom. Like all the other designers were looking at old stills of the show, and whoever designed this was looking at the new comic instead.

It's actually the other way round, the artist probably based Rhinox off this toy, as that would have been designed first before pencil was put to paper.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104707)
Posted by Nuclearxpotato on May 17th, 2021 @ 4:18pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:

I think there's ways of making the rhino jaw become the chest jaw. Maybe by having the jaw french-door itself outwards to expand and flatten it could be both.

With creative engineering it's almost always possible to compress or extend alt parts to their robot equivalent.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104710)
Posted by Rtron on May 17th, 2021 @ 4:30pm CDT
Nuclearxpotato wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

Perhaps, but at the cost of going overbudget or making excessively complex transformations that result in fragile figures, like in the Masterpiece line. At this price point, solutions like this one or the one they used for Dinobot's chest are the only way to get the proportions right.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104711)
Posted by o.supreme on May 17th, 2021 @ 4:34pm CDT

While this line seems to really be selling well (no doubt also because quality is so limited). I wonder if it was wise to have the BW characters 2:1 against original series characters. I mean, I'm not saying BW isn't popular, I mean everywhere I go, I see very little Kingdom, and when I do, it sells quickly however... I've only ever seen a single Cyclonus ONCE at a Target store, and that was quite a while ago, and I've never seen Inferno. although to be fair, my single Dinobot sighting was odd. They must have just came in because the store nearest me had 6 Dinobots (no Inferno's), a week later, they were down to 1 Dinobot, then none. So yeah they sell, but the fact that a tertiary character like Inferno from the original series is more highly sought after than arguably one of, if not THE most popular characters from BW says a lot. I don't blame hasbro in this case, I probably would have done the same thing. Especially after ER Grapple shelf-warmed a bit. But again, reducing the amount of toys you make significantly contributes to the demand I guess.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104721)
Posted by Absolute Zero on May 17th, 2021 @ 5:39pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:In the downtime between waves, I've seen a bit of resurgence of Kingdom Voyager wave 1, even after a single initial sighting of Dinobot from wave 2 (I've yet to see Inferno). But for any who missed Primal/Cyclonus, you may still have a small chance at retail in some areas.

Kingdom figures have been few and far between out here, some of it I think is the problems with shipping (not enough truck drivers) and some of it is people buying to resell for a higher price. That said, I've actually seen _two_ Cyclonus's but no Dinobots.

For people looking for comparison shots between T30 and Kingdom:

From a rival site, and just the bot mode.

T30 I was super exited for, but found it kind of weak. The head doesn't stay together in Rhino form, the guns don't store right, and his arms don't lock into his forelegs properly. It could be I got a crappy one and others have better mileage from theirs though. If I can find the Kingdom Rhinox, I'd definitely unload my T30 one.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104724)
Posted by Overcracker on May 17th, 2021 @ 6:05pm CDT
Nuclearxpotato wrote:
Overcracker wrote:

You’re basically wanting the lower jaw to quadruple in size to make it cover his entire chest. That would have resulted in an impossibly thick bottom jaw in Rhino mode.

Its not physically possible to make it expand to that degree without having it be just super thick in rhino mode with a bunch of hinges and panels.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104728)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2021 @ 6:23pm CDT
Absolute Zero wrote:For people looking for comparison shots between T30 and Kingdom:

From a rival site, and just the bot mode.
Broken pic because TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104734)
Posted by Absolute Zero on May 17th, 2021 @ 6:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

From a rival site, and just the bot mode.
Broken pic because TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.

I noticed, but if you click open in a new tab/window it'll still work.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104736)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2021 @ 6:48pm CDT
Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

From a rival site, and just the bot mode.
Broken pic because TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.

I noticed, but if you click open in a new tab/window it'll still work.
Only after first bypassing a "Forbidden: You do not have permission to access this webpage" message.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104737)
Posted by Absolute Zero on May 17th, 2021 @ 7:16pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

From a rival site, and just the bot mode.
Broken pic because TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.

I noticed, but if you click open in a new tab/window it'll still work.

Really? I didn't have that problem.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104738)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2021 @ 7:21pm CDT
Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

From a rival site, and just the bot mode.
Broken pic because TFormers doesn't permit hotlinking.

I noticed, but if you click open in a new tab/window it'll still work.

Really? I didn't have that problem.
Because the image was already in your cache the moment it first showed up on your end.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104749)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 17th, 2021 @ 8:13pm CDT
I preordered the Battle through time set, I am excited for that Grimlock.

I got me a bird. She's pretty nice.

Also, I put my 2 Dinobots side by side

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Kingdom Voyager Class Rhinox (2104759)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2021 @ 8:34pm CDT
I just thought of another reason to get Kingdom Grimlock: To swap swords between him and Dinobot so that Dinobot can have a sword colored closer to his onscreen silver one.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY