Sunday, April 8th, 2018 4:35am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,780

Via the online retailer Amazon.com, we have some new stock imagery for Prime Masters from the Transformers Power of the Primes toyline - some of which we have seen previously, but much clearer and in higher definition now - and specifically, we're looking at Megatronus with Bomb Burst Decoy Suit, Quintus Prime with Bludgeon Decoy Suit, and Solus Prime with Octopunch Decoy Suit.

Check them out below, description included , and join the Energon Pub discussion!

The Autobots and Decepticons use Prime Masters to wield the incredible powers of the legendary bots who shaped the universe: the Primes. The Prime Master of Megatronus grants bots the apocalyptic powers of a merciless dark warrior. How will the Autobots and Decepticons use this evil power? Anything is possible and everything is at stake when the Power of the Primes is unleashed! Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Prime Master figures are 1.5-inch-scale figures that work with other figures. Attach this Prime Master figure to a Power of the Primes Deluxe, Voyager, or Leader Class figure (each sold separately) and imagine that bot wields the power of Megatronus. Figure Specs: Megatronus Prime Master 2 Modes: robot, spark Converts in 1 step Comes with Bomb-Burst decoy armor -- the Prime Master figure hides inside Decoy armor converts to weapon Works with other Power of the Primes figures (each sold separately) Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime

The Autobots and Decepticons use Prime Masters to wield the incredible powers of the legendary bots who shaped the universe: the Primes. The Prime Master of Solus Prime grants bots the ability to forge mystical weapons and artifacts. How will the Autobots and Decepticons use this weapon-making power? Anything is possible and everything is at stake when the Power of the Primes is unleashed! Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Prime Master figures are 1.5-inch-scale figures that work with other figures. Attach this Prime Master figure to a Power of the Primes Deluxe, Voyager, or Leader Class figure (each sold separately) and imagine that bot wields the power of Solus Prime. Figure Specs: Solus Prime Prime Master 2 Modes: robot, spark Converts in 1 step Comes with Octopunch decoy armor -- the Prime Master figure hides inside Decoy armor converts to weapon Works with other Power of the Primes figures (each sold separately) Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

The Autobots and Decepticons use Prime Masters to wield the incredible powers of the legendary bots who shaped the universe: the Primes. The Prime Master of Quintus Prime grants bots the ability to seed life across the universe. How will the Autobots and Decepticons use this life-creating power? Anything is possible and everything is at stake when the Power of the Primes is unleashed! Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Prime Master figures are 1.5-inch-scale figures that work with other figures. Attach this Prime Master figure to a Power of the Primes Deluxe, Voyager, or Leader Class figure (each sold separately) and imagine that bot wields the power of Quintus Prime. Figure Specs: Quintus Prime Prime Master 2 Modes: robot, spark Converts in 1 step Comes with Decepticon Bludgeon decoy armor -- the Prime Master figure hides inside Decoy armor converts to weapon Works with other Power of the Primes figures (each sold separately) Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.

Credit(s): Amazon

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951589)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:55am CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951592)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 8th, 2018 @ 5:01am CDT
I find these more worthless personally. At least with previous TM's I could ignore them cos they weren't based on characters I cared about but these? They is spitting on my Pretender dreams. :(
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951597)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 8th, 2018 @ 5:11am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I skipped most Titan Masters, finding them pretty worthless. But those Titan Masters, I WANT THEM ALL! :michaelbay:

Personally, I'm VERY happy with these. The Pretenders themselves were pretty niche characters and the only updates we got so far are only transformable hommages. But the concept of the "decoy armor" is pretty neat and logical. Especially for biology based characters. Also, those little guys have the same shape as the original and their sizes make the perfect minions to go with my G1 Fortmax and Scorponok.

Maybe if the Prime Masters sell like hotcakes :HASBRO: :TAKARATOMY: would maybe revive the pretenders properly. Maybe testing the waters with a MP Bludgeon?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951615)
Posted by Deadput on April 8th, 2018 @ 6:58am CDT
I honestly really dislike that their pretending that the Pretenders are the 13, they look nothing like them and there is nothing on the actual figure to indicate their the Primes besides an engine mode thing with a vague symbol that supposedly is supposed to mean something.

And the excuse that their too obscure is bull considering the Pretenders themselves are obscure and so is many of the Generations characters.

(Like what kid has heard of Krok or Quake? Getaway or Shuffler?)

The Pretender figures themselves are nice though, having plenty of fun with them and I'm using their "engine" modes as a mind control head thing that takes over Transactors.

(This was the only way we were going to get Pretenders back that worked with the suit gimmick considering how disliked the old ones were.)
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951632)
Posted by bodrock on April 8th, 2018 @ 9:58am CDT
I liked the Titan Masters, so I knew I'd like the Prime Masters as well. I like the scale for the humanoid shells, but still prefer the originals. I think the two flavors of Pretenders play well together. ;)
IMG_9376.JPG
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951646)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 8th, 2018 @ 11:15am CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951651)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 8th, 2018 @ 11:24am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Does the Prime master weapon mode fit into the hands of the original pretenders then?

Check it out HERE and THERE for a complete report on how the new Prime Masters can interact with their old G1 Pretender version. ;)
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951657)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 8th, 2018 @ 12:55pm CDT
Whilst obviously I still want decent figures of the Pretenders (and the Primes for that matter) these are still cool. I particularly like that Bludgeon's weapon mode is a Tetsubo, that's just sweet.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951666)
Posted by Migrainelist on April 8th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CDT
Are we going to ignore the fact that the prime masters are backwards?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951669)
Posted by bodrock on April 8th, 2018 @ 1:28pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Kanra has some great pics with the two flavors mixed! I've had a lot of fun with the Skullgrins. :)
IMG_9449.JPG

With the Petender-esque PotP Optimal comin', I'm a bit more tempted...perhaps MP-32 could stand-in until his evolution.
IMG_1562.PNG
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951674)
Posted by DMSL on April 8th, 2018 @ 1:57pm CDT
These pictures are funny. I guess the photographer doesn't know how a suit works. Yes Hasbro employee you go into a suit backwards.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951676)
Posted by william-james88 on April 8th, 2018 @ 2:17pm CDT
Haha, Bodrock:

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951677)
Posted by bodrock on April 8th, 2018 @ 2:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Haha, Bodrock:

You got it, Will! ;)

My only complaint about the upcoming Primal....dat alt mode.
IMG_1543.JPG
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951681)
Posted by william-james88 on April 8th, 2018 @ 2:50pm CDT
bodrock wrote:My only complaint about the upcoming Primal....dat alt mode.
IMG_1543.JPG

I dont mind and I will tell you why, he does still come with a gorilla alt mode. Its the alt mode of the bigger bot, sure, but at least I can still say I get a gorilla alt mode when purchasing the leader. 2 gorillas is better than one, of course, but we still get a solid 1 :)
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951698)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 8th, 2018 @ 3:56pm CDT
bodrock wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

IMG_9449.JPG

IMG_1562.PNG

Thanks kanra and bod :D great pictures as always...and slightly jealous that you have the original pretenders. When I was young I had one of the ultra pretenders (the ones who hid inside a transformable shell that hid inside a shell of a vehicle which had a feature that interacted with the inside robot), can't remember his name but he had a green vehicle with a gun placement up top, and the inner robot looked a lot like a redco of landmine but had an awesome looking pretender shell that turned into a flying car...thing. I miss him, my parents sold him at a car boot sale without my knowledge.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951702)
Posted by bodrock on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:16pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
bodrock wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

IMG_9449.JPG

IMG_1562.PNG

Nice, Zerowolf! That sounds like one of my faves - Roadblock!
IMG_6695.JPG

I only recently hunted these Pretenders down for my collection, and I never even knew he existed beforehand. I am hoping we see the Ultra Pretenders redone somehow....does PotP Optimal count? :RUBSIGN:
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951706)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:35pm CDT
As for optimal...I think he's a good take for a pretender of a sorts (inner robot hides in outer shell which can transform on its own and interact with the inner robot in alt mode...just no larger shell for the big monkey mode to hide in)

I think there is potential for a full look into the pretender gimmick, especially if it meant we got a proper monstructor out of it!
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951708)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:42pm CDT
so far out of all the pretender shells i have not yet seen Diver are they going to skip him or what :???: :???:
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951711)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Please tell me someone will sell that Onyx alone...

I know, right!
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers: Power of the Primes Megatronus, Quintus and Solus Prime (1951716)
Posted by bodrock on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:57pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Roadblock! Yes that was him!he was fantastic and regularly beat up the good guys (be they other autobots or power rangers or marvel figures :lol:)

I'm definitely hoping for Monstructor! I'm certainly happy to get an update for Abominus, but I'd buy a boxset for Monstructor in a heartbeat.

I'm surprised they haven't announced more Prime Masters...you'd think Diver would be an easy choice for them. :/

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Fall of Cybertron FoC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hero Mashers Transformers Beast Hunters Series Starscream Hasbro Kids Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Starscream Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY