New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl

New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl

Sunday, April 8th, 2018 4:39am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,772

Via the online retailer Amazon.com, we have some new stock imagery for figures from the Transformers Studio Series toyline - some of which we have seen previously, but much clearer and in higher definition now - and specifically, we're looking at Megatron and Brawl, respectively Voyager and Deluxe size class, in their live-action Paramount movie incarnations.

Check them out below, including the general line description, and join the Energon Pub discussion!

Welcome to the incredible world of Transformers robots. It is a world of high technology, ancient history, and a battle that has spanned the entire galaxy and millions of years. Optimus Prime, leader of the heroic Autobots, battles the tyrant Megatron and his evil Deceptions for the fate of freedom across the universe. There's a Transformers figure for every kid or collector. From big converting action figures to miniature battling robots to figures that change between modes in 1 step, you can team up with Transformers toys to create your own incredible adventures. Whether you're defending Earth with the Autobots, or conquering space with the Deceptions, the action is up to you. Transformers is a world-famous entertainment brand with 30 years of history, blockbuster movies, hit television shows and countless novels and comic books. With Transformers robot toys, you can create your own chapters in this epic, ongoing story. Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. This copy is intended as placeholder text only and is not representative of individual items in the line.

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl

Credit(s): Amazon.com

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951586)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:46am CDT
That Megatron looks good, but looking at that Brawl makes me glad I grabbed the first leader class figure 10 years ago!
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951590)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 8th, 2018 @ 4:55am CDT
I think them's bad stock photos cos I seen both figures look better in the toy fair type pics. Definitely buying Megatron even though I had hoped he'd be painted silver and such. Think his 'toes' are meant to seperate a bit further than shown there? I dunno. But yeah definitely getting that one. Brawl's a maybe.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951591)
Posted by TFanPage101 on April 8th, 2018 @ 5:00am CDT
Seems like Brawl has a few nickels on his feet to keep him standing. Bit concerning.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951610)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on April 8th, 2018 @ 6:42am CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951614)
Posted by william-james88 on April 8th, 2018 @ 6:58am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Does anyone else think that Brawl is a new mold based on/scaled down from the old leader figure? It's probably the hole in the front of the tank that reminds me of the old leader. I'm still getting both as soon as I see them in stores :D ;)^

Looks completely new to me.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951621)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 8th, 2018 @ 7:32am CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951623)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 8th, 2018 @ 7:46am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:That megs looks like an improvement over the 2009 voyager (though I did have fun with that toy) Brawl though looks very badly mis-transformed, are the photographers that pressed for time they can't spend a moment or two to fully work out the instructions?

The photographer thing is a classic. And I can bet that sometime or most of the time, they don't even have any instructions and must play it by hear.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951635)
Posted by Overcracker on April 8th, 2018 @ 10:22am CDT

Isn't everything in this line a new mold? Bar 76 Camaro Bee, which takes engineering from Age of Extinction Bee, everything else is a new mold.

As to whether it takes cues from the Leader class Brawl, I would say its hard to take a defined vehicle mode, and turn it into a defined robot mode and not have similarities to other figures that do the same thing.

But no, There are quite a few differences, such as the placement of the tank treads the way the turret transforms and ends up on his arms etc... Its very much a new mold, not using anything from the other 2 molds other than looking like Brawl.

Leader

Deluxe

With that said, it does look pretty good, and does make me want to get it, if only to see how far engineering has come in 10 years. I still own the 2007 deluxe Brawl, and really want to see them side by side.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951652)
Posted by Spider5800 on April 8th, 2018 @ 11:40am CDT
Got my Grimlock from Amazon today, and he really is gorgeous. The paint apps make his details pop even better than the pictures, and his transformation is a breeze.

It's rubbery plastic, so I've kind of half-fixed it by folding the tips of the skirt over the top of some of the spikes on his tail to hold it in place, but I'm worried over time that will warp the plastic. Anyone having a similar issue?
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951655)
Posted by DMSL on April 8th, 2018 @ 12:40pm CDT
Overall i am very disappointed in this series. The only figure that is decent is Blackout IMO.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951665)
Posted by Spider5800 on April 8th, 2018 @ 1:14pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:Do we know yet if the figures revealed this far are the only ones in the line or could there be more based on sales/fan feedback?

We haven't seen Deluxe Bee Movie Bumblebee, Voyager Ironhide, or Voyager RotF Starscream with the marks all over his jet mode. Ironhide is supposed to be wave 3 in September and Screamer is wave 4 in November. Bee was supposed to be wave 1, but where the movie got pushed back to December there's most definitely a Deluxe wave 3 and 4 since they wouldn't put that figure in wave 2. Plus a Japanese retailer order list included two more unnamed leaders. So the line is definitely running to the end of the year and there's likely several figures we haven't seen yet. No Voyager Bonecrusher, though. Not in 2018 anyway. If the line continues into 2019, you never know.

Emerje

Would guess one of those two unnamed leaders is Grindor. Do the Blackout mold in lighter gray plastic and new head and you're done. We already know they're doing repaints with Starscream getting his tattoos, and I'm sure some people would want Grindor to reenact that forest fight from RotF anyway. That's easy money, and I don't see Hasbro passing that up.

So really, its just a question of who the last leader would be. Constructicons would be cool, but they're such minor characters in the big scheme of the movies that I doubt it. Would guess something like the Fallen, another Dinobot, or a Jetfire that can combine with the voyager Optimus somehow. Not a lot of other BIG bots that make sense for that size if they're trying to keep stuff in scale.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951667)
Posted by william-james88 on April 8th, 2018 @ 1:19pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:

Its the TLK Bee. Also, Crowbar has the same pieces in alt mode as Berserker.

Voyager Starscream is based on the DOTM deluxe and Ratchet shares the same transformation as the DOTM deluxe but the molding detail is different.

So I would say about half these toys are not 100% fully done from scratch. Half are based on previous toys for these characters.

Oh and Thundercracker is just a redeco with a new head.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951671)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 8th, 2018 @ 1:48pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Ratchet shares the same transformation as the DOTM deluxe but the molding detail is different.

Strange how the two Ratchets look about the same size there but I have both the Studio one and the red version of that DotM figure and the Studio one is taller.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951672)
Posted by Overcracker on April 8th, 2018 @ 1:49pm CDT
Forgot about Crowbar. Yes he's ostensibly the same Suburban mold with minor mods to the transformation.

I don't quite see Ratchet as being the same as the old Deluxe Ratchet. It may look similar, but many things end up in different places, and many many molding differences, as well as difference in how the torso transforms for me to consider that the same mold.

And yes, obviously thundercracker is just repainted from Nitro with a new head.

So o.k, not all are new molds. 10 out of the 13 figures are definitely new molds.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951675)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 8th, 2018 @ 2:08pm CDT
Is it weird that the display stands make me feel more compelled to buy more from this series than multi-figure gimmicks like Combiners ever have? Hm, it sounds weird when I typed it out just now but I think cos the figures themselves aren't affected by it in any way (most combiner figures I often feel get sacrificed in some way for the gimmick, particularly the dinobots) but to display them all in their supplied stands makes me want more cos they look gorgeous on my shelf but I don't absolutely have to so I don't feel forced. That's just my opinion and tastes though. :)

Overcracker still missing a G1 Hot Rod in that bold firey sig image. :)
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951749)
Posted by nycPrime on April 8th, 2018 @ 7:13pm CDT
Hey, got a couple of quick questions:

1. Can someone clarify the difference between the Studio Series and the MB line from Takara? Based on some google research, I think SS are slightly new molds that are influenced by old molds, and MB are redecos of old molds? Is that correct? Despite geared for different markets, this all still seems a bit redundant.

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951751)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 8th, 2018 @ 7:26pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:Hey, got a couple of quick questions:

Movie the Best is nothing but old molds and Takara-only. Studio Series is a whole new beast and shared between Hasbro and Takara.

nycPrime wrote:2. What's going to happen with SS Thundercracker? I imagine distribution will be poor with him...
He's a TRU exclusive, but the timing of his release couldn't have been worse since he came out right when all U.S. TRUs are closing and no longer taking orders of new product from Hasbro or anyone. Not every TRU placed orders for Thundercracker since some stores were set to close when others weren't, before it was decided that all of them would be closing.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951767)
Posted by Overcracker on April 8th, 2018 @ 8:56pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:Hey, got a couple of quick questions:

1. Movie the best are repaints, and re-releases of old molds. Its exclusive to Takara, and was in the works long before Studio series was even a thing.

Studio series is a joint effort between Hasbro and Takara, with both releasing the exact same figures. As said, mostly new molds, a couple of molds based on older engineering, and 1 repaint with a new head Thundercracker.

Already going for $100 on Amazon, don't expect to see it get better. In areas where TRU is not yet closed down, expect the amount of him to be found to be sold out fast. Decent mold, great paint scheme, interesting head, and exclusive to a dying chain... not a pretty picture.

Studio Series Thundercracker - Amazon.com $99.99
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951769)
Posted by william-james88 on April 8th, 2018 @ 9:03pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:2. Thundercracker, is likely going to be a pain to find, and unscrupulous types are going to have a feel day with whatever they can find of him.

Studio Series Thundercracker - Amazon.com $99.99

There are cheaper options than that for thundercracker

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/THUNDERCRACKER- ... Swve1ayR4G
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Megatron and Brawl (1951777)
Posted by transformers_va on April 8th, 2018 @ 9:47pm CDT
Spider5800 wrote:I only have one problem with mine, and unfortunately it's kind of a big one. The hinge on the back "skirt" on mine is extremely loose. Not a big deal in bot mode, but in beast mode it's just supposed to fold up under the tail and stay put, there's no pegs or anything for it, and mine keeps flopping down and giving him an ugly butt flap.

I have the exact same issue with mine. I've been tucking the skirt (folded) into the slot where the tail comes out of the mace, and it holds. Unfortunate though, a simple peg underneath could have solved this issue.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY