New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper

New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper

Thursday, April 2nd, 2020 3:59pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 40,899

Thanks to Dengeki Hobby, we have some new images to bring to you of upcoming Studio Series figures Deluxe Class Roadbuster, and Voyager Class Scrapper. While Roadbuster (and his wavemates Offroad Bumblebee and jet mode Shatter) is starting to make his way out to mass brick-and-mortar retail, Scrapper isn't due out until next month. These images also seem to be somewhat desaturated, color-wise. I've seen Roadbuster on a shelf, and his green is more vibrant than shown. Scrapper will likely match the other Constructicons color-wise as well. Until then, please enjoy these images, and feel free to discuss these figures below!

Transformers News: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059039)
Posted by BIGGUY007 on April 2nd, 2020 @ 11:35pm CDT
I freaking love that Roadbuster. Can't wait to get that Scrapper.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059139)
Posted by Tuned Agent on April 3rd, 2020 @ 3:10pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059141)
Posted by Trocheman on April 3rd, 2020 @ 3:43pm CDT
ive been having bad luck with new SS figures in my local target and Walmart. Still looking for a bunch.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059150)
Posted by Ig89ninja on April 3rd, 2020 @ 4:52pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:That Roadbuster would be mine, if I could venture out into the wild. :BANG_HEAD:

Same boat man, except I’m looking for Shatter.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059218)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 4th, 2020 @ 2:21am CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059219)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on April 4th, 2020 @ 2:27am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:wouldnt it be cool if all the studio series constructicons got released in G1 colors :-?

No, because then I'd have to spend another $260 getting them all because I wouldn't be able to resist :lol:
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059224)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 4th, 2020 @ 3:53am CDT
Nah. Would eat a lot of slots and would probably look dodgy on a lot of 'em too.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059233)
Posted by Emerje on April 4th, 2020 @ 5:27am CDT

Don't really want it, but I do feel like by the time they exhaust all of the color variants (and maybe make a few new ones) for each Constructicon we could probably build a second Devastator. We're getting Skipjack at the end of the year, I wonder if we could end up with another year of repaints restarting where the first run started from (if we get a fourth year of SS)?

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059262)
Posted by First-Aid on April 4th, 2020 @ 2:20pm CDT

WE already got that (tiny version) and it was butt ugly. These are different than G1, they need to be allowed to be themselves.

FYI, picked up the Roadbuster (I'm allowed out since I'm an RN) and it is heads and tails better than the original version. It's not even close. Can't wait for the other two Wreckers if that's the quality we are getting...
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059268)
Posted by First-Aid on April 4th, 2020 @ 4:34pm CDT

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/stu ... on-topspin
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059291)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 4th, 2020 @ 6:32pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Ummmmm...did anyone else notice on Hasbro Pulse that there is a pre-order up for Wrecker member Topspin?? Or did I miss that news? If it's new, how bout some credit here?!?! :DANCE: :DANCE: ;)^ :lol:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/stu ... on-topspin

All of the Toy Fair reveals for Earthrise and Studio Series have had preorders since they were revealed, so not new.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059292)
Posted by First-Aid on April 4th, 2020 @ 7:00pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/stu ... on-topspin

Ah. I guess I missed it. Or i saw it and it was lost in my layers of studies on pharmacology...lol
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059359)
Posted by Emerje on April 5th, 2020 @ 10:27pm CDT
So I'm playing around with Shockwave for the first time. His bot mode is beautiful. Like Grimlock he doesn't really look like a transformer unless you can spot the pins, he just looks like a cool action figure, almost like a Doom demon of some sort. Didn't expect him to share parts with RotF Megatron, those vestigial tank tread joints were really throwing me off since I don't use directions. Anyway, I figured him out easily enough once I found all the peg points. I did end up breaking a piece off near his right shoulder because I didn't realize the shoulder has to be turned in a specific position before popping it out to transform otherwise this little gray piece sticking out rubs against it and snaps off.

Also wasn't expecting all the soft parts. And I don't mean flimsy soft plastic like some swords are made of, I'm talking soft like a wet paper bag. I don't think we've ever seen plastic like this used before. It's used to make his hose, left hand, that "thumb" on his canon, the canon barrel, his foot spikes, and his entire left arm gun among a few other parts. It's not all bad, it does have a memory to it so it can take a fair amount of bending without warping or showing stress marks. It does warp if left over time like some noticeable slight warping straight out of the box, but you can crumple up his gun in your hand and it'll just spring right back. Not sure why they had to use it on the gun, it isn't exactly sharp. I do like the use in other spots because it gave us some nice pointy parts. Hopefully it doesn't disintegrate over time.

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059361)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 5th, 2020 @ 10:53pm CDT
His gun probably shared a sprue with some of the pointy bits.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059367)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 5th, 2020 @ 11:49pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059387)
Posted by Emerje on April 6th, 2020 @ 6:52am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:His gun probably shared a sprue with some of the pointy bits.

No doubt, I just wonder why they felt they had to put it on that sprue since it isn't particularly pointy.

Rodimus Prime wrote:I have yet to open mine. I swore to myself it's the last SS figure I'll get until Galvatron comes out, and I've been waiting for a leader Shockwave since 2011 so I'm savoring that first contact. My only worry so far is that his cannon seems way too big and it might make him lean to that side. How are his shoulder and elbow joints? Can the ratchet support the extra weight from the cannon?

In his case it really isn't so much a gravity problem, but his joints have to fight a bit with the pressure of the hose. It's not a huge hindrance or anything, you just have to be mindful of it. For the most part his joints can hold the canon level just fine. On mine the shoulder is a little loose, but the elbow is tight, which is fine because I don't think it would look natural holding such a big canon out straight from the shoulder.

Emerje
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059400)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 6th, 2020 @ 10:48am CDT

You shouldn't have to worry about his arm and balance, my shockwave is really solid and has no problems holding any pose regardless of the size of his cannon.

Also, please no G1 styled movie Devastator, they did that once, it was hideous, that color scheme should be for G1 cartoon-esque stuff, not this style
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059417)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 6th, 2020 @ 11:48am CDT
To be fair, part of what made it hideous was the limits of Legends-class paintwork; the G1-colored Voyager Mixmaster didn't look so bad. But doing everybody in the G1 Constructicons' Hulk-homage colors would still look off.

Emerje wrote:

Probably because there was room on that sprue. It's just how molding works out sometimes.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059485)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 6th, 2020 @ 4:35pm CDT
Okay, thanks guys. That eases my mind a bit. Though I still think the cannon is a bit too big.

Anyway, if we're talking Devy redecos, how about a Rainbow Devastator? :lol: Each member in a different color of the rainbow, with the 2 smallest guys colored the same, since the rainbow has 7 colors. He's almost already there.
Re: New Stock Images of Transformers Studio Series Roadbuster and Scrapper (2059490)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 6th, 2020 @ 4:40pm CDT
I think a Diaclone homage would work well with these Structies.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Cny Year Of The Horse Starscream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot incomplete Hasbro missing weapons Hot Shot Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "KREO KREON FIGURE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS MOVIE AOE GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime 12" Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum edition Year of The Horse Starscream" on EBAY