New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters

New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters

Tuesday, October 20th, 2020 2:14pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 29,197

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Blackeyedprime, has alerted us that InDemandToys have shared new stock images for the forthcoming Walmart Exclusive Retro Headmasters line via their Facebook account!

Chromedome

Transformers News: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters

Hard Head

Brainstorm

Mindwipe

These toys predominantly use the toolings that Takara Tomy came up with for their Transformers Legends line (making the characters accurate to the Headmasters anime series). In places where Walmart operate, the Headmasters will retail for $20 while for UK fans, InDemandToys are selling the four of them for £80.

Are you getting any of these? Are they replacing your Titan's Returns/Legends figures or standing side by side with them? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): In Demand Toys Facebook Page

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084740)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 20th, 2020 @ 2:15pm CDT
Commenting on the figures themselves, I have them all so appart the novelty boxes, there's nothing for me.

Not that I'll ever see those figures in my Walmart anyway.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084748)
Posted by william-james88 on October 20th, 2020 @ 2:42pm CDT
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084750)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 20th, 2020 @ 2:44pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Wait, so no weirdwolf? That's the only one people wanted since he broke for many, myself included.

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084751)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 20th, 2020 @ 2:46pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."

Indeed and as another user posted in the Earthrise thread there could be a headmasterless figure as the fourth figure in the 2nd wave
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084756)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 20th, 2020 @ 3:18pm CDT
Nice job on the positioning of Brainstorm in that box. Geez.

These do look really nice, although I think I would rather have seen the original ones reissued instead.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084757)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 20th, 2020 @ 3:20pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."

Yep, according to trustworthy leaker Pixelmaster over on TFW, the fourth figure in the second wave (of the two planned waves) will be Punch/Counterpunch.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084762)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 20th, 2020 @ 3:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:We got boxed pics, but they got posted in another thread. I wonder why they went with the assortment they did. The Autobots I get but why Mindwipe of the three Decepticons? Seeing Brainstorm again reminds me of just how many uses that mold got, and how many times I bought Brainstorm.
Wasn't TR Mindwipe a little harder to find than the other two? I remember seeing tons of Skullsmashers and Weirdwolfs pegwarming all throughout the line, but not so much with Mindwipe.

I honestly don't remember it was so long ago. I do remember the heated debates over just how much of the Blurr mold was re-used on other figures. That was the start of my Tin-Hat theory about Hasbro and message boards. Refresh my memory, Brainstorm was some sort of exclusive in Japan?
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084767)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 20th, 2020 @ 4:17pm CDT
The others in Wave 2 are probably going to be Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher, and Highbrow.

While I can see some need for Brainstorm and Weirdwolf, Punch/Counterpunch is probably the only one of the 8 that was especially necessary. hopefully there will be more worthwhile waves later.

Looks like I'll be getting Chromedome off eBay
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084773)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 20th, 2020 @ 4:31pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Nope, Brainstorm was regular retail in Japan, along with the other Headmaster characters of that line.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084775)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on October 20th, 2020 @ 4:35pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."

Are they making a new Punch/Counterpunch figure or just reissuing the one that sold on Amazon. that figure was pretty easy to get. Seems like a possible waste of a slot.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084779)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2020 @ 4:40pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah, Brainstorm was only an exclusive in Hasbro's markets. Normal Brainstorm was a Walgreens exclusive while the IDW-colored Titan Force Brainstorm was a SDCC exclusive.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084781)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 20th, 2020 @ 4:50pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."

Reissue of the Prime Wars figure, like the rest of this line, since it seems like Hasbro feels they did a good enough job with that figure already.

And like... sure, it kinda was easy to get back then, but so were the majority of the Titans Return figures they're reissuing, but it's been 3 years, and a good chunk of them (especially someone like Punch/Counterpunch) go for quite a bit on the aftermarket. Not everyone was collecting that long ago, y'know?
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084785)
Posted by cruizerdave on October 20th, 2020 @ 5:01pm CDT
So cool, but Weird Wolf (Wolfwire) was one of the best! Hope they do more of these!
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084794)
Posted by Talon523 on October 20th, 2020 @ 5:47pm CDT
I hope they do Misfire. I'd buy two if they reissue for 20.

I loved the target master seekers as a kid. I'd probably repurchase Slugslinger and Triggerhappy just for the box too.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084795)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 20th, 2020 @ 5:49pm CDT
Talon523 wrote:I hope they do Misfire. I'd buy two if they reissue for 20.

Don't get your hopes up too high. According to Pixelmaster (reliable leaker on TFW), it's only supposed to be 2 waves, composed of the 7 '87 Headmasters and Punch/Counterpunch. Hopefully if this is successful Hasbro might consider expanding it, but as of now it's just those 8 figures.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084797)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:15pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."

Well, Hardhead et al don't usually go for horribly much more than they originally cost, at least last I checked. Mindwipe maybe does? But that's it. They're overall commonly available. Especially the Hasbro ones.

The thing about Punch/Counterpunch is that not only was he an Amazon exclusive when originally released, his retail price was $50 compared to the $17 shelf price of TR Deluxes. So with him having a higher starting price to begin with, the secondary market price increases... yeah.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084799)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:22pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Not yet, but this is still only "Wave 1."

Uuuh... wasn't Punch/Counterpunch only $25?
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084809)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 20th, 2020 @ 6:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

And at one point I had all three. For all its uses, I loved that mold.
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084817)
Posted by triKlops on October 20th, 2020 @ 7:05pm CDT
i thought i was going to be able to pass on these as i have the Generations versions of them all and the OSKOs but then i saw the packaging..... and am now in on all of these when they get released.
As much as i hate to give WM my money after the Netflix Siege exclusive fiasco that i just went through with them, these look amazing and will go well with the MISB portion of my collection.
Damn it...

(Apparently, putting it in retro G1 packaging is too much for me to fight; they should have done it with TF X TG Maverick and i would have kept my preorder, sadly.)
Re: New Stock Images Of Walmart Exclusive Transformers Retro Headmasters (2084818)
Posted by Whifflefire on October 20th, 2020 @ 7:20pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:

Speak for yourself, mate! After the Amazon release (initially $25) sold out, Counterpunch was nowhere to be found for less than $100. I had to wait until he became available on Hobbylink Japan (and create a Hobbylink Japan account!) and got him for $30, but that was over 6 months later. He's certainly even harder to find now.

Punch/Counterpunch is a great figure though, as well as a unique and interesting concept, so getting reissued can only be a good thing since it means this rare and expensive-on-the-second-market figure would be getting wider availability.

I'm not averse to Hasbro reissuing figures from the last two trilogies. It would mean newer collectors would get a chance to acquire figures of these characters (84-87) while new releases could focus on new/yet-to-be-updated characters for those that have been collecting for a while. Especially considering that many of the WFC and SS86 toys are going to be hard to beat in terms of accuracy, I think it would be better to leave these designs for a while and let Generations explore the rest of the multiverse.

One Day...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Earthrise Figure Deluxe Quintesson Allicon - In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise WFC-E39 DOUBLECROSSER Battle Masters" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC Siege Smokescreen 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Ultra Magnus (Meijer/Kohl’s Exclusive) Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S20 CHROMIA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "FASTTRACK Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Class 2020 IN HAND!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS06 Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects DINOBOT RED SWOOP Deluxe Class Hasbro" on EBAY