New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Thursday, April 22nd, 2021 9:15pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,104

The site In Demand Toys now has new stock photos for the upcoming reissues of Beast Wars Megatron and Optimus Primal. These are Walmart exclusive in some parts of the world (like the US) but clearly, there are other places selling them online, like that very site, which is based in the UK. The images show that the toys will come in packaging that is very close to their original packaging of back in the day. The back is a bit disheartening since they have both Cheetor and Rattrap as Megas. While the deco for Optimus Primal is the same we saw in the reveal images, Megatron's is drastically different. On the packaging photos and in the stock photos, he has the silver paint on his head that the original toy had (to replicate the G1 Megatron look). So we are not sure what the final colour will be.

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues

Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102749)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 22nd, 2021 @ 9:41pm CDT
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102751)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 22nd, 2021 @ 9:44pm CDT
I'm very happy with my 2006 anniversary releases, so I'm passing on this Primal and Megatron. If Inferno is ever re-released in this new line, that's the 1 I'll get, along with Depthcharge most likely. Otherwise the Kingdom releases are the way to go for me.
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102753)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2021 @ 9:59pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:This is good news! The silver helmet was make or break for me. I don't want cartoon accurate colors on reissue toys. That's what Kingdom and 10th anniversary toys are for. IMO, reissues are meant to be as accurate to the original toy as possible.

We'll only know for sure when we find him in stores
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102763)
Posted by Betenoire on April 22nd, 2021 @ 11:30pm CDT
Wow, that Primal packaging really takes me back. I may get this and leave it in there just for that sake.
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102765)
Posted by Emerje on April 23rd, 2021 @ 1:02am CDT

Emerje
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102771)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 23rd, 2021 @ 6:07am CDT
Emerje wrote:Just making this an easier pass for me. Will probably get Rattrap since I don't own an original one and the aftermarket price is more than I'm willing to pay.

Emerje
It's a decent figure, but I do still wish it had been the Takara second-run deco with the copper head and fists. That's a deco rarity that any Rattrap fan ought to have a second chance at.
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102860)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2021 @ 3:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

I guess the Kingdom one will fill that spot, with the reissue toy-accurate. :-?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Terrorsaur scheduled in a later wave? If so... what mold would they use? I just learned that there are two distinct molds for the Basic Pteranodon: the original Terrorsaur, and Lazorbeak with minor differences in proportions, plus an indent for a mood sticker. Here's which mold made that figure, according to TFWiki:

Terrorsaur
Terrorsaur (original run)
Fractyl
AoE Dinobot Strafe

Lazorbeak
Terrorsaur (later EU runs)
Lazorbeak
BW Neo Hydra
Dinobots Terranotron/Swoop

More than likely the original Terrorsaur mold, but... Why make a variant mold at all?!
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102897)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 25th, 2021 @ 3:34am CDT
I was trying to find an image of all the original Terrorsaur variants together, akin to the Dinobot and Cybershark molds. But it doesn't look like anyone has bothered to make one [online]? :-?
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102904)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2021 @ 8:28am CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

I guess the Kingdom one will fill that spot, with the reissue toy-accurate. :-?

Terrorsaur
Terrorsaur (original run)
Fractyl
AoE Dinobot Strafe

Lazorbeak
Terrorsaur (later EU runs)
Lazorbeak
BW Neo Hydra
Dinobots Terranotron/Swoop

We only know of this first wave for the Beast Wars reissues. We know they have the original run mold close at hand so I'd guess they would use that one.
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2102981)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 25th, 2021 @ 7:15pm CDT
Putting more thought into that Optimus, the mutant mask looks really sharp
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2103011)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 26th, 2021 @ 5:43am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Putting more thought into that Optimus, the mutant mask looks really sharp

I personally love the Mutant masks, on my original bw Megs, I used to cover one side of it (the only part of the mask remaining) and pretend he had a phantom of the opera vibe going on :lol:
Re: New Stock Photos of 2021 Transformers Beast Wars Reissues (2103016)
Posted by Emerje on April 26th, 2021 @ 6:59am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Yeah, I was always very partial to the Megatron mask. It has always reminded me of some of the various versions of the Final Fantasy Dark Knight helmets.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom Cyclonus - War for Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Grimlock Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander ULTRA MAGNUS UK STOCK NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Star Hammer Wheel Jack Cyberverse UK Stock NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Limited DOUBLE PUNCH / Botcon Japan 98 Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2008 Transformers Attendee Exclusive Shattered Glass Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Spinister" on EBAY