New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures

Thursday, January 17th, 2008 9:38PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 26,256

New Images have emerged of the upcoming Japanese Classics figures thanks to Amazon.co.jp.

Amazon.co.jp have added listings for all the Japanese Classics figures, showing us our first good look at Starscream and Mirage:
Optimus Prime

Megatron

Bumblebee

Grimlock

Mirage

and Starscream
Credit(s): amazon.co.jp

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607231)
Posted by tech348 on January 17th, 2008 @ 9:47pm CST
Alas the other market gets the better paint schemes. :-x
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607234)
Posted by Tekka on January 17th, 2008 @ 9:51pm CST
Oh, yes! That Starscream looks so much better than the one I'm currently using as a corpse.

I'm very glad I ordered him, and the others too.
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607235)
Posted by trent hughes on January 17th, 2008 @ 9:53pm CST
Is Japan honor bound to the Botcon repaint code?
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607236)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 17th, 2008 @ 9:54pm CST
The Chrome on Mirage kicks ass, and Megs is growing on me.

Otherwise, I don't see them worth the import prices, or do I :-?
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607249)
Posted by Professor Smooth on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:15pm CST
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607252)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:17pm CST
Isn't "Far Superior" a bit of a stretch?
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607262)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:27pm CST
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607263)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:28pm CST
Meh. The more I see these, the less I like them. I don't like how they have a little bit of chrome here or there, but then just gray. Either do it all chrome or all grey.

I don't think I'll be getting any of them. Not even Megatron, unless I see him for cheap at a convention. Though if they do release a Sunstorm or Nemesis Prime, a character that hasn't been done over here, I'll pick it up.

As for the BotCon question, I don't think we'll see a Japanese Classics Thundercracker, or the other Seeker exclusives. A lot of fans(and scalpers) would be really upset if they did that.
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607268)
Posted by Diem on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:34pm CST
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607269)
Posted by Nekoman on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:35pm CST
Well, I bought almost all of classics the first time around and they put out something better. Will be getting Starscream and Megatron.
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607271)
Posted by Tekka on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:36pm CST
All I want is a Skywarp that doesn't show up as pink in the light. The nice shade of purple on the Robot Heroes Skywarp would be nice.
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607274)
Posted by rob_charb on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:46pm CST
I'm really digging the paint job on Prime, Megs, Mirage and Starscream. Bumblebee doesn't look quite as striking to me sans silver highlights and the red just seems out of place on Grimlock.

Hopefully, my local hobby shop guy will follow his current trend of getting Japanese TFs so I can get a couple of these guys.
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607279)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:53pm CST
Professor Smooth wrote:I immediately regret my decision to import the Classics line. I bought the first wave when I was in the US in 2006. If I'd have known that we were getting far superior versions, I wouldn't have bothered.

Matter of opinion. I'm probably going to get this (better) version of Megatron when it's available on action-hq; beyond that I'm happy with my collection.

trent hughes wrote:Is Japan honor bound to the Botcon repaint code?

Sadly, I would think that Botcon exclusives would be the same for Japan as the G1-deco Movie Arcee is for us... I'd love to get my hands on Thrust though.

Megatron_Wolf wrote:I must have that Megatron! Why didnt hasbro do that? How much are these things anyway?

The following list is what action-hq.com has posted for their pre-order listings.

Classics C-01 Convoy
US$29.95

Classics C-02 Megatron
US$29.95

Classics C-03 Bumblebee
US$22.95

Classics C-04 Starscream
US$24.95

Classics C-05 Grimlock
US$24.95

Classics C-06 Rijie ( Mirage )
US$19.95
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607282)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on January 17th, 2008 @ 10:58pm CST
Diem wrote:Why shouldn't we get the Botcon exclusives? It's quite a hike from Japan to botcon, you know?
Cybertron Excellion......it was Hasbro's answer to fans who saw an exclusive version of Galaxy Force Excellion that was repainted to look like Hot Rod. Was not identical to the GF exclusive of Excellion, so therefore did not breach any rights, & we still got a Hot Rod colored Excellion figure...of sorts(a bit too much gray in robot mode for my taste).

That being said, I don't see why they couldn't so long as they weren't identical to the Botcon ones. Only problem then is since the Botcon figures were meant to be more designed to look identical to their G1 counterparts, deviating from that to avoid legal problems would make the other seekers look off next to the others, since Takara is doing the same as Botcon & painting their classics too look more like their G1 counterparts.
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607285)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 17th, 2008 @ 11:04pm CST
So say Takara rounds off the seeker set, how bad do you think we'd get shafted paying for that online!?!

Glad I got a buddy in Taiwan if they do!!!!
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607287)
Posted by Diem on January 17th, 2008 @ 11:11pm CST
I can't wait. It'll be nice to get any Classics other than Ramjet, which has become an import shelfwarmer here...
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607288)
Posted by First-Aid on January 17th, 2008 @ 11:15pm CST
crap...these are really nice, especially Starscream, Megsy, and Mirage. But I am so broke...my MP Megatron took a dive and broke :sad: Had to order a new one to replace him. so I have no more money...in addition to new hockey gear...
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607296)
Posted by Craven Knight on January 17th, 2008 @ 11:40pm CST
I really like that Megatron, the little bits of chrome work well - I've got him pre-ordered.

The Grimlock and Mirage look better but I've go the originals so I'll pass.

I wouldn't be surprised if Japan gets a Yellow Seeker repaint, they're as gay for Sunstorm as the rest of us. The BotCon Seeker's as much as I'd love'em I don't think they're likely, figures crossed though :)
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607297)
Posted by Sunstar on January 17th, 2008 @ 11:44pm CST
Starscream looks sweet. I am glad they changed his wing stripes.
Re: New Stock Photos of Japanese Classics figures (607307)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 18th, 2008 @ 12:01am CST
Argh. I hate that I have most of these already because I want most of them. The only one that doesn't look better IMO is Grimlock. I missed the chrome on Mirage but I can do better. Prime looks great but the differences are minimal so I guess it's just Megs, BB, and Starscream for me.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations United UN19 Wheeljack Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Wreckgar rts complete no paperwork" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WARPATH Complete Deluxe Classics Hasbro 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Prime Master Megatronus Bomb-Burst" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus Complete CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Combiner Wars Deluxe Sunstreaker Complete CHUG" on EBAY