New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed

New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed

Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 1:07am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 32,399

Thanks to Seibertronians Sabrblade and WonkoTheSane, we're pleased to bring you brand new stock photos of the upcoming Earthrise Deluxe Class Runamuck figure! Courtesy of listings on Takara Tomy Mall and Dengeki Hobby, this appears to be an all new mold, based on the classic Battlecharger from the 80s! This marks his first new toy since the 2012 Collector's Club freebie, and his first all new toy since his original in 1986. Compared to the CGI renders, the gold accents are a richer color and the windows are considerably darker. We also get a good look at how his back looks- though there is a backpack, it's nicely integrated and all in all, Runamuck looks to be a nice figure.

Transformers News: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed

Runamuck is due for release this fall in the US, however in Japan, he's listed as a Takara Tomy Mall exclusive, due in December, for ¥3080, which is currently about $28.64.

Who's adding this figure to their collection? Let us know what you think below!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Mall

This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 1:09am CDT

Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070934)
Posted by Emerje on July 8th, 2020 @ 1:24am CDT
I LOVE that Runamuck has fake wheels on his heel spurs (the real wheels are inside his chest, you can see them through the window in his back). That's some attention to detail that we rarely see these days.

Not everyone is going to like it, but it makes me incredibly happy!

Emerje
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070940)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on July 8th, 2020 @ 3:16am CDT
Wish Runamuck had some orange to break up the white, but oh well. I'll probably get him and the inevitable Runabout. One complaint though, is the back of his calves. They look so... Flat. Though, I kind of find it funny that technically he's a six-wheeled car :lol:
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070941)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 8th, 2020 @ 3:16am CDT
Runamuck looks great. CHUG just keeps getting better.

Wouldn't be surprised if they use similar engineering for the Throttlebots.

Hopefully they'll also make a Runabout soon.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070949)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 8th, 2020 @ 5:30am CDT
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070950)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 8th, 2020 @ 5:33am CDT
Looking at Sunstreaker's alt mode long enough it makes me thing of Classic's Hot Rod. With some slight re-tooling I think another cool Hot Rod can be delivered. I really like LG Hot Rod but I got nothing against improvements. :-P :VEHI:
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070951)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 8th, 2020 @ 5:43am CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:I like him for the most part, but that backs of his legs hurt my soul. It looks like there are pieces missing.

I'm sure hasbro is doing it on purpose to annoy the third paty filler providers, between smokescreen, runamuck and scorponok. "Here, see if ya can fill this!!!" :P

I like what they have tried to do with runamucks fake wheels but it doesnt look as though it worked out that well. He really needed his orange too but I'll likely be picking him up as long as runabout is a rtail release/easy to get. Car mode seems like they cant decide to commit to earthmodes and looks a bit of a mess but hopefully it will be better in hand.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070952)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 8th, 2020 @ 6:28am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:

...What part of that car mode doesn't look like an Earth mode? :???: Like, seriously, what?
Regardless, I'm sure it will look better in hand. It won't be a white object photographed in stark lighting and then placed on a stark white background, it will be at its real size, and you'll probably be able to align the legs better than the photographer.

And blame the cartoon for the lack of orange:
Maybe it's not too late to complain? Of course, the mold layout could make adding it troublesome...
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070954)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 8th, 2020 @ 7:13am CDT
For once lack of paint doesn't hurt! I'm down for this guy.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070956)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 8th, 2020 @ 7:33am CDT
Runamuck and Sunstreaker are both looking pretty nice. I like the alt modes a good bit for both
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070957)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 8th, 2020 @ 7:48am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:What part of that car mode doesn't look like an Earth mode? :???: Like, seriously, what?

Sculpted windshield guff that's normally considred cybertronian guff (fortunately it hides in bot mode and the robot chest has a smooth windscreen. The hood square indentations which dont really represent headlights and the unfortunate placement of the gold strip makes them look worse.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070958)
Posted by DEANO85 on July 8th, 2020 @ 8:00am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
I have to say that adding a spoiler to Sunstreaker is simpler than adding one to Sideswipe would be, since if nothing else they could just make it part of a bigger version of the supercharger piece (or part of an extension to the supercharger piece).
Sideswipe, the spoiler would have to transform to not get in the way of his knees (since HasTak changed the leg transformation because of their bizarre aversion to telescoping legs), which is probably why we haven't seen a kit for one yet; that would take design effort, which the 3P upgrade kit companies gave up on 3 years ago.

He has 5mm ports on his arms that end up at the rear of the car. So someone could definitely make a spoiler to plug in to them.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070959)
Posted by Omegatron. on July 8th, 2020 @ 8:42am CDT
I don't like the fake wheels, but I wasn't getting this guy anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070960)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 8th, 2020 @ 8:44am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:

I think that sculpted stuff is mainly for the benefit of his robot mode, since some of it is visible behind his torso.

blackeyedprime wrote:The hood square indentations which dont really represent headlights and the unfortunate placement of the gold strip makes them look worse.
The indentations aren't supposed to represent headlights. They're supposed to represent the indentations in front of the headlights. The headlights proper, are the rectangles behind the indents.
Just like on the original toy. Granted, the gold stripe is on top of the headlights instead of in front of them now, probably for ease of machine painting. But it doesn't really hurt things, considering they're supposed to be pop-up headlights.

And when you factor in the park lights and grille below the hood, the Earthly wheels, the gas tank cover, the doors complete with door handles...
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070961)
Posted by sol magnus on July 8th, 2020 @ 8:48am CDT
Both of these guys are buys.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070962)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 8th, 2020 @ 8:53am CDT
Oh, yeah, these are definite "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" for me.
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070963)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 8th, 2020 @ 9:07am CDT
Yeah I'll be getting Runamuck (and I'll try to get Runabout but it depends whose exclusive he is. Just normal Selects is better for me)
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070966)
Posted by Ig89ninja on July 8th, 2020 @ 10:16am CDT
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070967)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2020 @ 10:52am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:If you're not sure, look up video reviews.

Me, I'll buy Doubledealer full price when I'll find it in stores. As for the cassettes pack, I stupidly missed out on the preorders so I had no choice but to pay 20$CAN extra to a reseller/scalper. #-o

I feel your pain. I got my set about $15+ extra from a reseller but I had an excuse for missing out on preorders; I was out in the New Mexico desert doing cool tank stuff and my old phone was on its last leg so I couldn’t even get on the internet much less than stay in contact with my folks back home :(

Cool tank stuff? Now you have my attention.

Mine too! Also, be honest Mindmaster, you did name your tank Brawl, right? (because that would be awesome)

I say “cool tank stuff” but it was more me and my crew sitting in the desert with our broke af tank waiting for another crew to finish their gunnery run so we could hop on their tank and do our gunnery runs. Sadly no, my tank is named “Collimated Hate” (named after the collimation process, which is part of getting the sights on the tank lined up with the guntube, goofy name if you ask me) since our tanks have to start with “C” (the company’s name is “Comanche”) so no Brawls or Megatrons in sight. :( Aside from the maintenance (which tanks are a huge pain in the ass), tanking is fun. I’m the driver for my current crew lineup (I started as a driver when I first got to my unit in Korea, then was a loader when I came back to the states, now back to driver) and I personally really enjoy driving. Hoping to get a gunner’s spot before my contract ends late next year.

Didn’t mean to derail the thread, just wanted to get that out there. :saint:
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070968)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2020 @ 10:55am CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:I would personally love a repaint of this so that they resemble the decepticon grunts has in Devastation

I honestly would love this. Decepticon army builders are my schtick, I think it’s a fun idea to have a small band of Autobots versus a group of Decepticons augmented by hordes of nameless nobody drone dudes like how Prime’s story did it. If they do end up making drone characters from this mold, I’ll happily get a few. And Runabout/Overrun for obvious reasons. :lol:
Re: New Stock Photos of War for Cybertron: Earthrise Runamuck Revealed (2070969)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 8th, 2020 @ 11:19am CDT
Will given we got Brunt redecoed into a drone from a 14 year old comic book, I wouldn't rule out a Decepticlone drone repaint

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY