New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat

Transformers News: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat

Thursday, July 11th, 2013 12:17AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 20,256

Seibertron.com is ecstatic to present for your consideration a new gallery, Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Ratbat. This metallic purple and gold repaint and retool of Generations Scourge represents Senator Ratbat before his days as Soundwave's minion. The full gallery is waiting there for you just by clicking on any of the pictures below.

Generations Ratbat

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries

New Takara Tomy Generations Galleries
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502301)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:36am CDT
Eh, looks alright. But again, unless we see a stateside release, it's a reluctant pass from me. Still surprised they didn't announce it for the Generations: Thrilling 30 line...
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502307)
Posted by Arctorro on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:53am CDT
Really like this toy, mainly because of the "bat" mode! I don't normally go in for the Cybertronian modes of characters though, so it is hard to justify the Takara price tag.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502337)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 11th, 2013 @ 4:10am CDT
Ha! The day I get this figure in the mail is the day the galleries go up. Now I can look at the awesomeness without having to open mine. What really sold me on paying for this figure is the amazing artwork and that awesome bat mode. I'm also just going out on a limb and saying that I doubt this will be released in the U.S. Combine that and I don't feel too bad at all about paying import prices.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502343)
Posted by sdn1337 on July 11th, 2013 @ 6:25am CDT
I really love the way this figure looks. The concept of a robot Ratbat is awesome! In upcoming TF shows they should have the concept like this where he has an alt, Ratbat, and robot mode.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502356)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 11th, 2013 @ 8:08am CDT
While this figure looks nice, I have to admit I never liked the idea of a humanoid Ratbat. I preferred the Marvel version where he was perfectly happy as a bat because all of his strengths were in his head.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502468)
Posted by Va'al on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CDT
You smexy purple senator, you. :x
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502474)
Posted by Seibertron on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:20pm CDT
I just want to take a quick moment to thank Takara Tomy for finally using a dark purple instead of the other shades that they've tried to pass off as purple in the past. THIS IS PURPLE!

THIS IS NOT THE PURPLE WE WANT TO SEE ON TRANSFORMERS!
(at least not on primary characters that have had dark purples used on them in the past)

Thank you!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502478)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:33pm CDT
So that's where Kreon Galvatron gets his color from.

Ratbat's face looks kinda flat...
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502531)
Posted by Va'al on July 11th, 2013 @ 5:15pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Ratbat's face looks kinda flat...

He'd do great with a little smirk, wouldn't he?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502576)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 11th, 2013 @ 9:50pm CDT
It's a beautiful figure and I'm pissed that Hasbro is dragging it's @ss with releasing their own.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502668)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2013 @ 10:26am CDT
FYI for those of you who are a little impatient about Hasbro's Transformers reveals, Hasbro's next big Transformers brand panel is in 6 days at SDCC 2013. I'm sure they held out some items from BotCon for us to see exclusively at SDCC. Seibertron.com will be there to cover this event.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1502705)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 12th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
Gah, six more days. I wanna see that Armada Starscream, and other Generations: Thrilling 30 toys that weren't shown to the public! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-20 Deluxe Ratbat (1503578)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 16th, 2013 @ 4:38am CDT
I picked this guy up at Botcon for a great price. I haven't opened him yet though. I'm either waiting for Takara to reveal a Thundercracker or to see what Hasbro's Skywarp looks like. Man, sometimes I don't understand myself, haha! He looks lovely in hand. Real curious to see if we're getting Ratbat stateside too.
:BOT:

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DELUXE CLASS RECON BARRICADE - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 41 minutes 53 seconds
BRUSHFIRE figure FOREST ATV playskool TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS heroes ROBOT 2016 - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 44 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Timelines Collector's Club Trans-mutate and Maximal - Rampage - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 56 minutes 25 seconds
3 Transformers Dark of the Moon Robo Fighters Optimus Prime Megatron Starscream - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 57 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers AOE 4 Platinum Autobots United OPTIMUS PRIME HOUND CROSSHAIRS DRIFT - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 59 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Collector's Club Figure Subscription 4.0 Bluestreak Combiner Wars - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 2 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Powerdive - Time Remaining: 14 days 10 hours 7 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Megatron - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 7 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes