New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced

Transformers News: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced

Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 6:46AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,044

As part of the story about new Takara Tomy Transformers toys from their Legends line (covered here), the same image from Loopaza Megastore also includes several new Movie The Best figures - redecos of previously released Transformers figures in at least one of the two markets.

The list we have below includes the following:

MB-12 Autobot Jazz
MB-13 Bonecrusher
MB-14 Megatron
MB-15 Lockdown
MB-16 Jetfire
MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version
MB-18 War Hammer Bumblebee
MB-19 Hound
MB-20 Nemesis Prime

Credit(s): Loopaza Megastore
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908818)
Posted by shajaki on September 6th, 2017 @ 8:06am CDT
This list brings emotions ranging from happy to sad to confusion....

Based on prices, what can we assume?
3500 Deluxe, 5000 Voyager, 8000 Leader? , 10,000 Leader, 15,000 Leader... +?

From there, what can we assume?

MB-12 Autobot Jazz 3500 - Deluxe. Movie 1 mold. Why not the vastly superior HA mold?? They did it for Soundwave!

MB-13 Bonecrusher 3500 - Deluxe. Movie 1 mold. Rare these days so it's a good choice.

MB-15 Lockdown 3500 - Deluxe. Pretty unexciting.

MB-16 Jetfire 10,000 - ROTF Leader obviously. Interested to see the deco.

MB-18 War Hammer Bumblebee 3500 - Deluxe something. Too many Bee molds for me to speculate which one.

Thoughts?
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908823)
Posted by Insurgent on September 6th, 2017 @ 8:31am CDT
I believe Buster Prime was the first takara release of the rotf leader Prime, for their rotf line. Though I could be mistaken. It was the first time we saw the gas canisters turning into his guns. Makes sense for it to be ROTF mould for the compatibility with Jetfire.

If the megatron is a leader, then it will be movie 1. Has to be. And I will not be interested. Oh well.

I would guess the nemesis will be the tlk in nemesis colours, with the remoulding on the back pack. I imagine that version would gather more interest in owning than the AOE version.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908826)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2017 @ 8:34am CDT
Insurgent wrote:I believe Buster Prime was the first takara release of the rotf leader Prime, for their rotf line. Though I could be mistaken.
Takara got the normal, non-Buster version of ROTF Prime before they made Buster.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908827)
Posted by Rated X on September 6th, 2017 @ 8:35am CDT
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908828)
Posted by Microraptor on September 6th, 2017 @ 8:38am CDT
Nemesis will probably be a redeco of Caliber Optimus, and Hammer Bee is likely the new TLK mold.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908835)
Posted by william-james88 on September 6th, 2017 @ 9:08am CDT
shajaki wrote:
Based on prices, what can we assume?
3500 Deluxe, 5000 Voyager, 8000 Leader? , 10,000 Leader, 15,000 Leader... +?

I think the higher price tags are or leaders with major accessories.

[quote]

[/quote]
Also confused by this choice.

[quote]MB-14 Megatron 8000 - Starting to get dicey. Looking at the previous MB figure prices, no Voyagers were priced this high, so I gotta assume Leader. And there's only 3 Megs in that size class. Won't be TLK, ROTF has had multiple releases, so I'm betting on it being Movie 1.[/quote]

That would make sense, but the ROTF one is so much more of a beloved design. And the ton of releases never stopped another ROTF Leader Prime, so it could go either way.

[quote]MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version 15,000 - I'm at a loss for this one. The only way to justify that price point for me is if it were Leader Prime + Upgrade. Like Jetwing. But that was DOTM. And Buster Prime was DOTM too wasn't it?[/quote]

This could be to a Jetwing Leader prime made to resemble the end of the second film, hence the name Revenge. We never got a Jetwing Prime combo that was deco'd accurately (with black parts) so this could be it.

[quote]MB-19 Hound 5000 - Voyager AOE? Again, why rerelease a mold (TLK) that's still on shelves? [/quote]

This one is super confusing.

[quote]MB-20 Nemesis Prime 8000 - Leader.... AOE or TLK molds in TLK Nemesis colors. Best guess.[/quote]

I am thinking TLK Calibur Prime in Nemesis colours.

I dont think I will be getting any of these. The fun part of the first set was that many of them were elusive molds/decos. Many of these are far more recent and more easily obtained so I am a bit less excited. That jetfire deco is interesting but I hate that toy so much.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908837)
Posted by Budder Prime on September 6th, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908839)
Posted by Insurgent on September 6th, 2017 @ 9:23am CDT
Every release so far in this line has been repaints. That's why everyone is assuming these ones will be.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908840)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2017 @ 9:23am CDT
Because this line has been nothing but re-uses of previous molds.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908842)
Posted by ScottyP on September 6th, 2017 @ 9:27am CDT
Budder Prime wrote:I noticed a lot of people are expecting re-uses of previous molds, I'm actually expecting whole new figures for this series, However, If they do re-use molds, I'm expecting them to re-use HA Jazz and Soundwave, because those were good figures. But I'm still hoping new molds all around.
I could see some of that down the line, but not in this particular series. Also if you like that HA Soundwave mold, this series has already re-released it :) Sold out in many places but another run coming out in the next few months http://www.thechosenprime.com/MB07Soundwave
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908850)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 6th, 2017 @ 10:10am CDT
War Hammer Bumblebee? That sounds awesome! probably the new TLK Bee with his hammer, which sounds great. I was just going to get one of the third party hammers for the Hasbro release, but if this Bee has a better deco I'll be very tempted to get it.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908851)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 6th, 2017 @ 10:12am CDT
Va'al wrote:MB-12 Autobot Jazz
MB-13 Bonecrusher
MB-14 Megatron
MB-15 Lockdown
MB-16 Jetfire
MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version
MB-18 War Hammer Bumblebee
MB-19 Hound
MB-20 Nemesis Prime

Well, unless it is a new Jazz, I won't worry about it. Mold isn't that good and I already have one.

Bonecrusher... may need to see the deco. He is one of my favorite movie cons, and though I already have him, I'd like to take a look see at him.

Megs is no interest. I have all the Megatron I need with his great TLK toys.

Lockdown... Been wanting him, kind of excited to see where this goes.

Jetfire: already have. Same with Prime. Same with Bee, though at least they appear to be finally doing one with the hammer.

Hound is confusing. no interest in Nemesis.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908866)
Posted by Budder Prime on September 6th, 2017 @ 10:59am CDT
It occurred to me this whole time I read it as MP as in Masterpiece, not MB which is Movie best. :lol:
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908937)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 6th, 2017 @ 5:32pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I wish they released the Deluxe Soundwave Mercedes Benz mold in the best line. I got screwed with a Human Alliance Soundwave thinking it was the deluxe mold. I just keep him on display as a stand alone figure since he looks cool but scale-wise the mold sucks.

HA Soundwave is a AMAZING figure... displayed with other HA.

They really should have re-released the deluxe, unless they destroyed the mold for reasons. Also, how about a 3 pack collector set of the 3 DELUXE DOTM Wreckers? Because we got screwed out of deluxe Leadfoot as well.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908942)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 6th, 2017 @ 5:50pm CDT
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908944)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on September 6th, 2017 @ 5:59pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I don't really see the logic in expecting TLK molds here, considering the two lines are running concurrently and Movie the Best is more of a specialty re-release line than anything else. That's just me I guess...

Well I hope they don't use the Age of Extinction Hound mold, at least. That was a super disappointing figure. I'm also just hoping this is a relatively easy way to pick up the wave 3 TLK deluxe Bee, and if we're even luckier he'll get a bit of extra paint.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908953)
Posted by Overcracker on September 6th, 2017 @ 6:58pm CDT

Me neither. I'd expect any non current line to be there.

But TLK is very unlikely, as that would just double up on molds they are currently releasing already.

I'm guessing Megatron, and one of the Primes will likely be from AOE as well as Hound of course.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908954)
Posted by william-james88 on September 6th, 2017 @ 7:38pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

HA Soundwave is a AMAZING figure... displayed with other HA.

But Takara did rerelease Deluxe Soundwave. He was part of their AOE line called Movie Advanced.
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908960)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 6th, 2017 @ 8:31pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

HA Soundwave is a AMAZING figure... displayed with other HA.

AD-17 Darkside Soundwave. Not a movie accurate deco but interesting nonetheless. So how much on EbNNOOOOOOOOPE. #-o
Re: New Takara Tomy Transformers Movie The Best MB-12 to MB-20 Announced (1908962)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on September 6th, 2017 @ 8:40pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

HA Soundwave is a AMAZING figure... displayed with other HA.

Yeah I'm happy o have jumped on the original preorder. Amazing paint job.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie 5 Deluxe Class Berserker Slash Barricade Bumblebee Set of 4 - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 52 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Titans Return Autobot Teslor & Brainstorm Walgreens Exclusive MOSC - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 12 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations STRAFE Voyager Class Reveal The Shield New Sealed - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 28 minutes 1 second
Transformers Combiner Wars Decepticon Dragstrip MINT 100% COMP. 2013 HTF - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 36 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Age Of Extinction Strafe DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 36 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Age Of Extinction Dinobot Slash DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 38 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Age Of Extinction Autobot Drift DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 40 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Decepticon Dead End MINT 100% COMP. 2013 HTF - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 44 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017