New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed

New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed

Wednesday, July 6th, 2016 8:36am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,002

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has found some awesome new listings on Loopaza's Facebook Page for the following upcoming Takara Legends figures:

LG35 - Super Ginrai(November,2016, 8,500 JPY)

LG36 - Soundwave (November,2016, 8,000 JPY)

LG37 - Jaguar (Ravage) & Bullhorn (November,2016, 1,800 JPY)

LG38 - Condor (Laserbeak) & Apeface (November,2016, 1,800 JPY)

LG39 - Brainstorm (November,2016, 4,000 JPY)

LG40 - Astrotrain (November,2016, 5,000 JPY)[/quote]

Here is a picture of these listings with silhouettes:

Transformers News: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm ConfirmedTransformers News: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed

The biggest takeaway from these is that Takara will be releasing Brainstorm as a standard wide release, unlike the Hasbro counterpart which is a Wallgreens exclusive. However, the toy will be coming with a target master/titan master vehicle, adding to its price. Also, Takara seems to be skipping Sentinel Prime and going straight to Astrotrain, which is understandable since Sentinel Prime offers no difference in tooling.

Credit(s): loopaza

Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803588)
Posted by Randomhero on July 6th, 2016 @ 8:39am CDT
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803603)
Posted by Kurona on July 6th, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
Y'know, I'm almost surprised they didn't package Ravage/Buzzsaw/Laserbeak with Soundwave - likewise I'm kinda surprised they didn't package one of Blaster's cassettes with him.

Hasbro I get, but Takara has a freed up price range so isn't restricted by how much plastic they can put in the box - hence why they partnered the titan master vehicles with the deluxes. Hmmm.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803607)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 6th, 2016 @ 9:24am CDT

Interested in seeing how they do Laserbeak. Hasbro's doesn't have enough red, IMO. Interested in seeing how different Astrotrain might be, too.

Ginrai's a given. Glad I didn't dip for PMOP just yet!
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803609)
Posted by Randomhero on July 6th, 2016 @ 9:28am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Depending on if Hasbro Brainstorm proves to be a massive asshole when it comes to finding him, I may have to go Takara with this one... *sigh*

Ginrai's a given. Glad I didn't dip for PMOP just yet!

Probably won't be too hard. It's a Walgreens exclusive so it may shelfwarm there. I found the Walgreen exclusive Agent venom from marvel legends pretty easily. I heard it was an exclusive drove to the nearest one and there it was.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803617)
Posted by william-james88 on July 6th, 2016 @ 9:40am CDT
Randomhero wrote:Yup. Figured they'd skip Sentinel. Funny we we're just discussing this yesterday and there's the news. I had complete faith they'd do Soundwave. Retool or not it's Soundwave. They're not passing that up and next year they'll have Soundblaster

I was pretty sure they would do soundwave because it has new tooling, unlike Sentinel which doesnt have any. Takara tries to release all the new tooling on their end, but they dont seem fond of redecos. Hence why I am not certain they will release getaway. The reason I was iffy on Brainstorm was not because he was a retool but because they already had a Brainstorm in the Legends line and they seemed to be following the Hasbro schedule, which is no longer the case.

This is new though. In the 2000s, when they didnt release a deco themselves, they would just distribute the Hasbro version in Japan as a US edition. They stopped doing that recently for redecos.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803629)
Posted by Prowl4 on July 6th, 2016 @ 10:52am CDT
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803636)
Posted by Kurona on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:07am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:Looks like astrotrain still has his head on in shuttle mode from the image. Interesting.

Where do you see it?
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803638)
Posted by Prowl4 on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:09am CDT
Kurona wrote:

Where do you see it?

Shuttle mode right at the back where the head would be in robot mode it looks to be there in shuttle mode.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803639)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:12am CDT

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, legends galvatron was still a headmaster after all.

Anyway, bring on the full reveal of super ginrai! The teasers weren't enough, I need to see what they've done for my favourite godmaster
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803640)
Posted by Kurona on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:13am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Where do you see it?

Excuse the atrocious quality and resizing, but as you can see here, there appears to be nothing new at the back. I assume that what you believe to be the head is the spherical thing poking out the back of the Takara silhouette; but as you can see, it's there on the Hasbro toy as well - the raised section between the bottom wing and the top wing. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's no different from the Hasbro version.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803641)
Posted by Prowl4 on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:14am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

All I said was it's interesting.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803642)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:22am CDT
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803643)
Posted by kurthy on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:22am CDT

So excited for Super Ginrai! Come on Apex armor!
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803644)
Posted by Kurona on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:26am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Looks like you've solved it kurona, that bump looks like the closed cockpit section. All you can expect from this release is a cartoon accurate colour scheme

I'm hoping for some more painted detail as well; I recently noticed on the Hasbro toy there's some unpainted windows at the front.

Usually missed-out details don't annoy me that much - I kinda just live with it - but that one really got to me for some reason.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803645)
Posted by Randomhero on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT

Maybe. Who knows. Takara is weird with astrotrain. They've done both Grey and purple or White and purple. I'm curious if they change his head to give his his visor eyes it's not carton accurate but the entire mold doesn't scream cartoon accurate.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803647)
Posted by william-james88 on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:37am CDT
kurthy wrote:This is awesome, now I know which Hasbro versions to get like Sentinel. I also can skip the SDCC box set a date pick up RID windblade.

So excited for Super Ginrai! Come on Apex armor!

Just wait till TAV Windblade is released, that might be an even better option than any.
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803653)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:51am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Great, now I just look stupid.

Don't worry, we still love you, even though you were wrong in every conceivable way about a Takara release of deluxe Brainstorm. ;)
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803654)
Posted by william-james88 on July 6th, 2016 @ 11:57am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Great, now I just look stupid.

:lol: I just dont like getting my hopes up. :lol:
And to be Frank, I wont be getting TT's Brainstorm. I am not fond of how you are stuck paying for those extra targetmasters if you want to get the deluxe (and you dont get the extra head).
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803656)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 6th, 2016 @ 12:13pm CDT

Isn't Soundwave's head "Soundblaster"? Or is that in the US continuity?
Re: New Takara Transformers Legends Listings for Fall 2016, LG Brainstorm Confirmed (1803657)
Posted by Kurona on July 6th, 2016 @ 12:14pm CDT
Having just marathoned - and loved - MTMTE, I'd be kinda tempted to get a faceplateless Brainstorm now...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hero Mashers Transformers Beast Hunters Series Starscream Hasbro Kids Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Doc Green Figure Hasbro HTF" on EBAY