New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic

New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic

Thursday, April 28th, 2016 10:13am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 28,592

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks once again to Takara Tomy toy designer Hisashi Yuki, we get a new picture of the Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons! This picture shows off a group picture of Blast Off, Swindle, Vortex, Onslaught and Brawl posed in their robot modes. Check out the picture mirrored below below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic

Credit(s): TF YUKI


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784922)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on April 28th, 2016 @ 11:37am CDT
This may be my opinion, but the only two that look fantastic in my eyes are Vortex and Blast off.

Brawl, Swindle and Onslaught are an eyesore that needs gotten rid of
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784928)
Posted by megatronus on April 28th, 2016 @ 11:54am CDT
Autobot tap out wrote:This may be my opinion, but the only two that look fantastic in my eyes are Vortex and Blast off.

Brawl, Swindle and Onslaught are an eyesore that needs gotten rid of

The molds generally, or the decos?
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784930)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on April 28th, 2016 @ 11:58am CDT
Agree, in this regard, I prefer the Hasbro version... even with their version of Blast Off being a jet.
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784944)
Posted by cloudballoon on April 28th, 2016 @ 12:46pm CDT
This time, Hasbro FTW (mainly because it saved me lots of dough for not going Takara)!
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784945)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 28th, 2016 @ 12:49pm CDT
Maybe it's just the picture but that Blastoff head looks really, really bad.
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784946)
Posted by Kurona on April 28th, 2016 @ 12:54pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Maybe it's just the picture but that Blastoff head looks really, really bad.

Image

Much as I prefer a jet blast off and not being sure about the Shuttle mode; the head actually looks pretty good.
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784951)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 28th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
The only quibble I have with Unite Warriors Bruticus is Blast Off's lighter brown coloring.

How is this:

Image

remotely close to this:

Image

or even this?

Image
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784952)
Posted by Deadput on April 28th, 2016 @ 1:47pm CDT
The way I see it Takara got the head and alt mode "right" while Hasbro got the colors and eyes right.
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784958)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on April 28th, 2016 @ 2:13pm CDT
Burn wrote:Courtesy of TFYuki
Image


Only two more months to go. :DANCE:
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784960)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2016 @ 2:24pm CDT
Deadput wrote:The way I see it Takara got the head and alt mode "right" while Hasbro got the colors and eyes right.
Except Blast Off didn't have a visor (he did have a shiny purple forehead, though):

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The 1986 toy may have tried to have a visor by painting a streak of purple paint across his face, but it physically still had two individual eyes, separated by a nose, molded into the face:

Image

The Encore toy makes this detail more noticeable:

Image
Image
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1784961)
Posted by william-james88 on April 28th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Autobot tap out wrote:This may be my opinion, but the only two that look fantastic in my eyes are Vortex and Blast off.

Brawl, Swindle and Onslaught are an eyesore that needs gotten rid of

The molds generally, or the decos?


For me its both. It is probably mold fatigue but for some reason I dont feel anticipation for either Bruticus and I have yet to get any. When it was hinted that Takara would have a shuttle Blastoff I just ignored whatever Hasbro did and waited for Takara and I cant say I am really impressed. I am definitely dissapointed that it doesnt match the artwork teased to us and that Takara opted not to have the arms be the front of the shuttle. I mean its a new mold, they can do whatever they want. Instead the arms are just on the side all visible. Plus I dont think the colour is right at all, it looks weird and I dislike how the front is so extended. I much preffer how this mold looks like as Strafe, especially due to the chest area. So yeah, not a big fan of that Blast Off mold and deco for Blastoff.

As for the others, I am not really excited for the Brawl mold and both Hasbro and Takara's decos look as good/bland. So thats another mold and deco I dont care for.

A third would be Onslought, he just looks so different from what I want in an onslaught figure. I know he didnt look super G1 but taht Universe Onslaught is the bomb. He looks imposing and meaty. Not this one. The Hot Spot torso is my least favourite of the torsos due to how short and stocky it is and how it blocks arm articulation. Thats aside from having Hotspot's inverted feet with ratchets that are too far apart from oneanother to be useful (dont know if he will feel as cheap as the Hasbro hotspot, I didnt handle Hasbro's CW Onslsught either). And I find it really too bad how Takara didnt remove the emergency lightbars from his knees. Now as for the deco, I totally get where its coming from but I am not a fan of it. I actually like the Hasbro colours better.

Love that Votex and Swindle though, Takara knocked those out of the park. Oh and one other thing, though I did and will always ague that Takara is in their right mind for having the feet colour coded... I dont really care for it. Is it wrong? No. But it doesnt feel right either in the grand scheme of this line's theme as toys.

Its just personal preference and I dont feel like this is the best onslaught we could get (unlike, say what I felt about Superion or what I feel about Computron)
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785017)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 28th, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
I'm still split on that Grand Galvatron set. I like Screamer, Thrust and Breakdown, but don't care for that Cyclonus or Roller. If anyone's up for splitting the set, let me know.
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785022)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 28th, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Hm, the combaticons set is more G1 accurate, I like Vortex and Onslaught more but the others look worse...

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785041)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 28th, 2016 @ 4:59pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm still split on that Grand Galvatron set. I like Screamer, Thrust and Breakdown, but don't care for that Cyclonus or Roller. If anyone's up for splitting the set, let me know.

the man with the Rodpod as his sig doesn't like the 2 guys who are MTMTE centered in the set? :lol:

But seriously though, why don't those 2 work for you? is it the colors or something? :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785044)
Posted by shajaki on April 28th, 2016 @ 5:04pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:For me its both. It is probably mold fatigue but for some reason I dont feel anticipation for either Bruticus and I have yet to get any. When it was hinted that Takara would have a shuttle Blastoff I just ignored whatever Hasbro did and waited for Takara and I cant say I am really impressed. I am definitely dissapointed that it doesnt match the artwork teased to us and that Takara opted not to have the arms be the front of the shuttle. I mean its a new mold, they can do whatever they want. Instead the arms are just on the side all visible. Plus I dont think the colour is right at all, it looks weird and I dislike how the front is so extended. I much preffer how this mold looks like as Strafe, especially due to the chest area. So yeah, not a big fan of that Blast Off mold and deco for Blastoff.

As for the others, I am not really excited for the Brawl mold and both Hasbro and Takara's decos look as good/bland. So thats another mold and deco I dont care for.

A third would be Onslought, he just looks so different from what I want in an onslaught figure. I know he didnt look super G1 but taht Universe Onslaught is the bomb. He looks imposing and meaty. Not this one. The Hot Spot torso is my least favourite of the torsos due to how short and stocky it is and how it blocks arm articulation. Thats aside from having Hotspot's inverted feet with ratchets that are too far apart from oneanother to be useful (dont know if he will feel as cheap as the Hasbro hotspot, I didnt handle Hasbro's CW Onslsught either). And I find it really too bad how Takara didnt remove the emergency lightbars from his knees. Now as for the deco, I totally get where its coming from but I am not a fan of it. I actually like the Hasbro colours better.

Love that Votex and Swindle though, Takara knocked those out of the park. Oh and one other thing, though I did and will always ague that Takara is in their right mind for having the feet colour coded... I dont really care for it. Is it wrong? No. But it doesnt feel right either in the grand scheme of this line's theme as toys.

Its just personal preference and I dont feel like this is the best onslaught we could get (unlike, say what I felt about Superion or what I feel about Computron)
And see Will? I was initially leading the charge against the CW/UW mold reuses. But after seeing the finished UW Bruti I was totally turned around. The mold differences and breathtaking paint apps sold me on this guy.

And while I still feel that neither Computron will be replacing my Quantron, the UW one IS looking pretty slick. 8-)
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785045)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 28th, 2016 @ 5:05pm CDT
Nice group buddy pic of the Combaticons!
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785052)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 28th, 2016 @ 5:18pm CDT
I would definitely agree that there are a few issues with the UW Combaticons...
I don't have any problem with the Blast Off mold; glad we're getting the shuttle.
But the color does look very off from both the show and G1 toy, which seems pretty odd for TT.
As I've looked at that group shot more, my opinion is that Swindle actually has too much detail...
Especially on the front of the lower leg; it's got a weird textural quality that's not... Quality.
I don't think there's much to complain about past that.
Well, Onslaught's blue looks a little too saturated. Should be more on the side of tone or Slate Blue imo. Hasbro wins that one for me.
Thankfully I have the Hasbro version of him i the haul from TFSource that'll be here in August. Although, the downside to that imo is the darker colored Brut head.
It's going to be interesting to see which torso I like better in combined form.
Anyway, strangely enough, I think Vortex may be the best looking out of the team.
All the head sculpts look on point, and for me that's a big pull.

I know I'm almost alone with this view, but I really dig Menasor (with the PE add-on kits),
so it'll also be interesting to see who I like better between him and Bruticus.
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785056)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 28th, 2016 @ 5:22pm CDT
shajaki wrote:And while I still feel that neither Computron will be replacing my Quantron, the UW one IS looking pretty slick. 8-)


Won't be surprised if this ends up being the best set of the entire line.
Difficult for me to find fault in any aspect of it.
Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785061)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on April 28th, 2016 @ 5:27pm CDT


At first I loved the Hasbro Bruticus, but every now and again... especially next to Skylynx with the G2 aerial bots... it just feels a tad bland.... The high saturation on the Takara set would help would that, and look really good next to Takara's Darker Menasor (which I don't actually have). If not for the bad taste in plastic/build quality of the G2 Aerialbots.... I'd go for the G2 Bruticus.

Anyone else wish they'd done G2 style packaging for the G2 guys like they did with that throw-back Cybertron G2 brute?

Re: New Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Combaticons Pic (1785103)
Posted by william-james88 on April 28th, 2016 @ 7:57pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:I know I'm almost alone with this view, but I really dig Menasor (with the PE add-on kits),
so it'll also be interesting to see who I like better between him and Bruticus.


I dig him too, he's fine. And I am very comfortable saying that Motormaster looks better than either of the Onslaughts.

Sowndwave76 wrote:
shajaki wrote:And while I still feel that neither Computron will be replacing my Quantron, the UW one IS looking pretty slick. 8-)


Won't be surprised if this ends up being the best set of the entire line.
Difficult for me to find fault in any aspect of it.

Same here, I really think he will be the true winner of CW/UW when all is said and done. Albeit, he does have the breakdown/wheeljack mold :-?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner New" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers ???? Botcon TFCC TFSS Barricade Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY