New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound

New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound

Friday, June 21st, 2019 10:46am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,266

We knew Takara's Transformers MP-47 Masterpiece Hound looked good and that he was pricey. What we didn't know was where those wheels went. Well, we know now. A new video reveals what might just be the best leg transformation of all time with the wheel collapsing into his legs. The parts count is so high that even his wheels are made of multiple parts, accounting for the higher level of show accuracy and price.

You can see a breakdown of the leg transformation below the full video. The original video was region blocked so TFND mirrored it on Facebook.

This toy is available at every single online retailer you can think of, including Hasbro Pulse for $169.99. That version is the Hasbro release which will come in an extra box with English writing.

Transformers News: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound

Credit(s): Takara

Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025347)
Posted by xMXUx on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:00am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Syclone wrote:I certainly won't be. Again, assuming he's Wheeljack level good, he's worth $100 tops.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Okay that is actually amazing! Love me some tire magic! :michaelbay:
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025348)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:14am CDT
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025353)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:52am CDT
It's cool and clever and all but it still isn't worth the asking price. He still takes the cartoon accuracy thing way too far (the bland and weirdly tapered thighs in particular annoy me) and honestly I'd rather the partscount and price had been brought down with the wheels being on his legs like the old G1 toy.
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025354)
Posted by Torneira on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:52am CDT
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025357)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 21st, 2019 @ 12:07pm CDT
Torneira wrote:Well then, that's settles it. I am selling my kidney in exchange for MP 44 - MP 45 and MP 47 :-P

Sell your liver instead; it can grow back and you can then sell it again :lol: :-P
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025360)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on June 21st, 2019 @ 12:17pm CDT
Just preordered it via Anime-Expo. Cost was $121 US. Guess it gets released in December, which means I won't see it until February. :lol: :lol: :-(
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025367)
Posted by Syclone on June 21st, 2019 @ 1:16pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:There is no level above wheel jack. While he isn't my favorite MP, I do still thi k he is the best one made so far.

Eeehh. He's really well designed but he just feels so light and cheap. I'm still on the Iron Hide/Ratchet kick when it comes to "best." It's a good blend of cartoon accuracy, quality build, solid transformation, size, and posablity.

I'm hoping hound doesn't feel cheap and plasticy like WJ does. That's probably my biggest gripe with the guy, and being that Hound is roughly the same size, I'm worried he will be.
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025368)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 21st, 2019 @ 1:24pm CDT
Syclone wrote:

If you don’t mind my asking, how much did you pay for your wheel jack? It sounds like you may have gotten a ko, not an official one, by the description you give. The one and only complaint I have on wheel jack is the lack of plastic tires.
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025372)
Posted by dryxler on June 21st, 2019 @ 2:34pm CDT
The tire transformation does look cool, but I still feel let down by his looks. If you’re gung-ho about the cartoon look and can afford the $$$ then I guess it works. Big no for me. Content with my Maketoys Gundog.
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025373)
Posted by Syclone on June 21st, 2019 @ 2:38pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
Syclone wrote:

Don't remember what exactly I paid but I grabbed him off BBTS for $80-100 so I doubt he's a KO but that was kinda my thought initially because it's just so....light. nothing broke or damaged during transformation and he holds poses fine. I dunno, was just underwhelmed with him, is all.
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025383)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 21st, 2019 @ 4:25pm CDT
On another note... MAGNIFICENT
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025384)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 21st, 2019 @ 4:44pm CDT
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:On another note... MAGNIFICENT

I don't get what this have to do with Hound.

Anyway, this look amazing for Hound! Still not preordering, but I'm not writing him off either.
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025385)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 21st, 2019 @ 4:51pm CDT
Forgive me for expecting intelligence. Krimzeek might be active here
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025387)
Posted by Cobotron on June 21st, 2019 @ 4:59pm CDT
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:By the visuals I would think that you are intelligent enough to SEE that it has nothing to do with hound, but new pics of this figure that was just released... but they are transformers and this is a transformers website and THAT is what they have in common.
Forgive me for expecting intelligence. Krimzeek might be active here

Easy now. No need to condescend.

Indeed it is a Transformers website, but we do have a system in place.
Your post would be better suited for the War for Cybertron: Siege thread, seeing as that is a War for Cybertron: Siege toy.

This thread is specific to MP-47 Hound
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025390)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 21st, 2019 @ 5:04pm CDT
So please dont come at me as if you are the big bad monitizer.
You be eazy.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025399)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2019 @ 5:30pm CDT
That is a pretty dang nice wheel trick!

But I am bummed that it's being used to hide wheels. I wish that magic was used like they used it in Artfire
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025410)
Posted by Burn on June 21st, 2019 @ 6:06pm CDT
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:No, condescending is DEFINITELY appropriate, just as you will see other figures talked about within other posts... it happens everyday.
So please dont come at me as if you are the big bad monitizer.
You be eazy.
Free your mind and your ass will follow

No, being condescending is NOT appropriate.
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025417)
Posted by blackeyedprime on June 21st, 2019 @ 6:26pm CDT
Mp shockwaves legs still have a better transformation over hounds having a box to put his condensing wheel in. The wheel trick on generations g2 prime was pretty neat and this might take it up a notch (as long as rolling isn't hindered) but either way...
Step 1. Have a hole in your box
Step 2. Put your wheel in the box
(steps being omitted is perfectly fine as far as transformer instructions go)
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025426)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 21st, 2019 @ 8:12pm CDT
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:Free your mind and your ass will follow

Its very inappropriate and horrible of you to treat an awesome brobot like Cobo that way...…..

but I laughed for like five minutes straight when I read that line, god help me....

Yeah, the wheel trick is cool, but, as I've said a million times (even I'm getting sick of it), they shouldn't be able to do it, because the fucking tires should be made of fucking rubber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a couple too many beers tonight.....
Re: New Takara Video Shows Off an Incredible Transformation for MP-47 Hound (2025469)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 22nd, 2019 @ 2:56am CDT

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "LG21 Hardhead | Japanese Transformers Legends" on EBAY