New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Transformers News: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack

Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 9:47am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 60,758

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Takara Tomy's current Transformers Masterpiece designer Shogo Hasui has just tweeted a new silhouette of their upcoming Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack! Wheeljack is scheduled for release sometime in the first quarter of 2014, but so far the only teasers we've seen are a couple of silhouettes. According to Dengeki Hobby Shogo Hasui will be replaced as the lead Masterpiece designer in 2014 by the line's former designer Hironori Kobayashi, who brought us MP-01 through MP-09. Check out the latest teaser below.

Transformers News: Re: First official silhouette for Masterpiece Wheeljack

Credit(s): Shogo Hasui

This article was last modified on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 11:19am CST


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538551)
Posted by Morbalis on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:15am CST
Pulled a little detail out. Should be nice. Preordered.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538553)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
Not really digging that open gap in the heel, but I'll need to see more of the details to better judge it.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538566)
Posted by jlbeowolf on December 31st, 2013 @ 10:55am CST
Played with the lighting a bit in PS. Reveals a little more detail.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538570)
Posted by EagleTron on December 31st, 2013 @ 11:05am CST
Don't like the change of mp designers and I'm not a fan of those earlier non Shogo mp designs but the good news is that I think that he already finished designing this Wheeljack and mp Bumblebee. This Wheeljack looks good. I wanna see how his ankles turn out.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538573)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 31st, 2013 @ 11:23am CST
Anyone here read Japanese? I'm not sure how accurate Google Translate really is; did Hasui actually say that Wheeljack was his latest MP... or his last MP?

I hope the news about a replacement designer turn out to be a misunderstanding, I don't want a different designer, I want Hasui to stay. Especially for Bumblebee and the inevitable new Megatron.

Also, as far as I'm aware of, the MP-10 was Hasui's baby, not Kobayashi's.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538574)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 31st, 2013 @ 11:29am CST
Stormrider wrote:Is the missile going to be his only accessory? I would like to see him with some energon "rods" as seen in S1E1 or a gadget of some kind.


Why not the transfixatron dohickey?

Those pics are so cruel.........arrgh!
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538602)
Posted by Seibertron on December 31st, 2013 @ 1:23pm CST
I ran the image through Photoshop to bring out a little bit of detail, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Anna-Christine Sanders-Browning on Facebook who did the same thing.

Image
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538604)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
Sheesh, fourth one today.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538616)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 2:11pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:Anyone here read Japanese? I'm not sure how accurate Google Translate really is; did Hasui actually say that Wheeljack was his latest MP... or his last MP?
Seems to be saying his "latest" or "most recent" MP work.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538630)
Posted by Stormrider on December 31st, 2013 @ 4:18pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I ran the image through Photoshop to bring out a little bit of detail, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Anna-Christine Sanders-Browning on Facebook who did the same thing.

Image



The head sculpt, forearms, and shins look good so far. Bicep/shoulders, ankles, and waist are not looking so hot from this angle. But I am holding out for more details.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538659)
Posted by Down_Shift on December 31st, 2013 @ 6:30pm CST
I'm not loving this silhouette so far. Maybe when we see something a little more detailed I will get a little more excited.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538666)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on December 31st, 2013 @ 7:09pm CST
Wow, lots of stuff I'm not liking with this...

Wings are too skinny (I want my Wheeljack with large wings). Thighs too skinny. Hips too skinny.

Those panels (wrist guards?) that stickout at the hands are in the wrong place, and probably should be fused to the forearms instead of the hands...

His feet look really hollowed out in the back.

Its funny, I thought he would be one of the easier cars to pull off?
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538696)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:41pm CST
all of the other masterpieces were excellent, a perfect mix of the original toy and the cartoon and some reality.i seriously think that they won't mess this up, have some faith people. ;)^
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538698)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:45pm CST
it will probably look like thishttps://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct ... 4164437748
i think thats awesome!
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538700)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2013 @ 9:48pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:all of the other masterpieces were excellent,
Compared to those of today, MP Megatron is debatable. And maybe MP Rodimus with all his QC issues.

Ultra Markus wrote:it will probably look like thishttps://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct ... 4164437748
i think thats awesome!
Link is broken.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538733)
Posted by Mykltron on January 1st, 2014 @ 6:21am CST
Damn those thighs are skinny.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538742)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 1st, 2014 @ 8:39am CST
warzon3 wrote:Wow, lots of stuff I'm not liking with this...

Wings are too skinny (I want my Wheeljack with large wings). Thighs too skinny. Hips too skinny.

Those panels (wrist guards?) that stickout at the hands are in the wrong place, and probably should be fused to the forearms instead of the hands...

His feet look really hollowed out in the back.

Its funny, I thought he would be one of the easier cars to pull off?


Possible Sunstreaker retool? All it takes is a new car mode shell while keeping the transformation intact :-$
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1538788)
Posted by Stormrider on January 1st, 2014 @ 11:57am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
warzon3 wrote:Wow, lots of stuff I'm not liking with this...

Wings are too skinny (I want my Wheeljack with large wings). Thighs too skinny. Hips too skinny.

Those panels (wrist guards?) that stickout at the hands are in the wrong place, and probably should be fused to the forearms instead of the hands...

His feet look really hollowed out in the back.

Its funny, I thought he would be one of the easier cars to pull off?


Possible Sunstreaker retool? All it takes is a new car mode shell while keeping the transformation intact :-$


Sunstreaker retool would be awesome.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1539022)
Posted by megatronus on January 2nd, 2014 @ 6:26pm CST
Stormrider wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I ran the image through Photoshop to bring out a little bit of detail, courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Anna-Christine Sanders-Browning on Facebook who did the same thing.

Image



The head sculpt, forearms, and shins look good so far. Bicep/shoulders, ankles, and waist are not looking so hot from this angle. But I am holding out for more details.


Looks OK to me:

Image
Image

And just for kicks!

Image

Remember, a lot of people had problems with the width of MP Sideswipe's chest relative to the animation model. When all's said and done, I think Wheeljack will be an excellent addition to the MP lineup.
Re: New Teaser for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack (1540707)
Posted by Grifter Prime on January 9th, 2014 @ 10:55pm CST
FINALLY!!!!!!WE GOT AN IMAGE!!!

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
Twincast / Podcast #240:
"Ramping Up"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide (Passport to Rea - ACCEPTABLE" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Action Figure -Minor Box Damage" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Playskool Heroes Transformers Epic Optimus Prime Toy Large 22 Inches" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Sideswipe G2 and Slamdance" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Medix The Doc Bot Ambulance" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots "Morbot" figure  Abt 2 1/2"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Grand Slam Cassette Figure" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers cassette SLAMDANCE Grandslam Raindance figures only" on EBAY