New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal

Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 9:14am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,601

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

From Twitter user tagoal, and via Seibertronian Mindmaster, we have another teaser (perhaps unnecessary, as we have already seen renderings and prototypes) of the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Primal. You can check out the image, with all the Takara features, showing off silhouettes for both modes mirrored below - and stay tuned for a bigger reveal apparently dropping next week!

Transformers News: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal

Credit(s): @Tagoal


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754635)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2016 @ 9:44am CST
Can't wait to see more of this. This is an exciting masterpiece :BOT:
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754650)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2016 @ 10:07am CST
The only thing that has me concerned about this silhouette are the feet, which look really big and oddly-shaped in both modes, whereas the feet of the show's animation model looked pretty accurate to the feet of the original toy in both modes.

Image
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754662)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 12th, 2016 @ 11:13am CST
I wonder if that new reveal is a mp megatron to go along with this.
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754665)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 12th, 2016 @ 11:31am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder if that new reveal is a mp megatron to go along with this.


oooooh, I hope, or, anything else, I'm not really picky :PRAY:
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754671)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 12th, 2016 @ 11:48am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder if that new reveal is a mp megatron to go along with this.


oooooh, I hope, or, anything else, I'm not really picky :PRAY:

Don't get your hopes up. The bigger reveal might just be actual pics instead of an outline
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754673)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 12th, 2016 @ 12:00pm CST
i thought they were making all of these mps scale to eachother. so this guy will be like half bumblebees size then?
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754681)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2016 @ 12:37pm CST
griftimus prime wrote:i thought they were making all of these mps scale to eachother. so this guy will be like half bumblebees size then?
This isn't the same MP series as the others.

Besides, RobotMasters had Primal (and Megatron) be Autobot-sized:
Image
Image
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754688)
Posted by Seibertron on January 12th, 2016 @ 12:52pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Image


What's between his robot mode legs? It can't be unseen!!!!!!!!!! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754693)
Posted by Spotter5 on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:00pm CST
Hope they announce a Masterpiece Dinobot!
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754715)
Posted by Shockwave7 on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:36pm CST
I won't take it away from people who like Beast Wars figures, but I never cared much for them. Even the 'Masterpiece' version of this one doesn't look like great shakes to me.
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754720)
Posted by Seibertron on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:41pm CST
Shockwave7 wrote:I won't take it away from people who like Beast Wars figures, but I never cared much for them. Even the 'Masterpiece' version of this one doesn't look like great shakes to me.


I agree. I'd much rather have a realistic looking gorilla with elements of the character model in the cartoon that transforms into a more cartoon accurate robot mode. Basically like the licensed G1 vehicles but with animal modes instead.
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754723)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:44pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:I won't take it away from people who like Beast Wars figures, but I never cared much for them. Even the 'Masterpiece' version of this one doesn't look like great shakes to me.


I agree. I'd much rather have a realistic looking gorilla with elements of the character model in the cartoon that transforms into a more cartoon accurate robot mode. Basically like the licensed G1 vehicles but with animal modes instead.
Do that after we finally get one that looks like the Boss Monkey we know and love from the show.
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754724)
Posted by Seibertron on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:I won't take it away from people who like Beast Wars figures, but I never cared much for them. Even the 'Masterpiece' version of this one doesn't look like great shakes to me.


I agree. I'd much rather have a realistic looking gorilla with elements of the character model in the cartoon that transforms into a more cartoon accurate robot mode. Basically like the licensed G1 vehicles but with animal modes instead.
Do that after we finally get one that looks like the Boss Monkey we know and love from the show.


Do you really want one that looks like that? His beast mode looks horrible.
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754726)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:52pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:I won't take it away from people who like Beast Wars figures, but I never cared much for them. Even the 'Masterpiece' version of this one doesn't look like great shakes to me.


I agree. I'd much rather have a realistic looking gorilla with elements of the character model in the cartoon that transforms into a more cartoon accurate robot mode. Basically like the licensed G1 vehicles but with animal modes instead.
Do that after we finally get one that looks like the Boss Monkey we know and love from the show.


Do you really want one that looks like that? His beast mode looks horrible.
It looks like a cartoon ape, and I grew up watching a cartoon ape on TV, so I want a toy of the cartoon ape I know and love.

Something that looks like this, however, is not Optimus Primal, is hideously ugly by comparison to the much friendlier-looking, well-groomed CGI model, and would be a disservice to the character's iconic look.

It's like how Generations Arcee was rightfully her original look before all else, and now that we have her perfect version done and out of the way, we can get new, updated takes on her made afterward.

But the Beast Wars characters were not realistic animals, they were cartoon animals. Give us the cartoon animal toys first and then give us realistic animal updates later. Besides, this silhouette shows the beat mode hunched over in a realistic ape position anyway.

But then again, I'm the guy who also wants new Dinoforce toys with their Pretender shells as cute-looking plush toys with zipper pockets in their backs to put the figures inside. :P
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754729)
Posted by Seibertron on January 12th, 2016 @ 1:59pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Something that looks like this, however, is not Optimus Primal, is hideously ugly by comparison to the much friendlier-looking, well-groomed CGI model, and would be a disservice to the character's iconic look.


To each their own. I'd rather have realistic looking animals that had nods to their cartoon models. That would look way more awesome than an out-of-date cgi model version of the character. Realistic animal modes would be far more timeless as well since they don't go out of date like a 1980s Lancia Stratos or Beetle does.
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754730)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 12th, 2016 @ 2:03pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Something that looks like this, however, is not Optimus Primal, is hideously ugly by comparison to the much friendlier-looking, well-groomed CGI model, and would be a disservice to the character's iconic look.


To each their own. I'd rather have realistic looking animals that had nods to their cartoon models. That would look way more awesome than an out-of-date cgi model version of the character. Realistic animal modes would be far more timeless as well since they don't go out of date like a 1980s Lancia Stratos or Beetle does.
At the end of the day, it just boils down to "I just want what I saw on TV." And I feel I still haven't quite gotten that yet (BW 10th TRU Primal and Telemocha Convoy have been very close, though). :PEACE:

To me, it's less a matter between what looks "good" vs. what looks "bad", and more between what looks "right" and what looks "wrong".
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754741)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 12th, 2016 @ 2:16pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Something that looks like this, however, is not Optimus Primal, is hideously ugly by comparison to the much friendlier-looking, well-groomed CGI model, and would be a disservice to the character's iconic look.


To each their own. I'd rather have realistic looking animals that had nods to their cartoon models. That would look way more awesome than an out-of-date cgi model version of the character. Realistic animal modes would be far more timeless as well since they don't go out of date like a 1980s Lancia Stratos or Beetle does.
At the end of the day, it just boils down to "I just want what I saw on TV." And I feel I still haven't quite gotten that yet (BW 10th TRU Primal and Telemocha Convoy have been very close, though). :PEACE:

To me, it's less a matter between what looks "good" vs. what looks "bad", and more between what looks "right" and what looks "wrong".


Exactly, the Mp line is about making figures that look like the show characters, as BW figures could be seen as having two characters (beast and bot modes) that is what needs to be done [-(
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754760)
Posted by Emerje on January 12th, 2016 @ 2:55pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Something that looks like this, however, is not Optimus Primal, is hideously ugly by comparison to the much friendlier-looking, well-groomed CGI model, and would be a disservice to the character's iconic look.


To each their own. I'd rather have realistic looking animals that had nods to their cartoon models. That would look way more awesome than an out-of-date cgi model version of the character. Realistic animal modes would be far more timeless as well since they don't go out of date like a 1980s Lancia Stratos or Beetle does.
At the end of the day, it just boils down to "I just want what I saw on TV." And I feel I still haven't quite gotten that yet (BW 10th TRU Primal and Telemocha Convoy have been very close, though). :PEACE:

To me, it's less a matter between what looks "good" vs. what looks "bad", and more between what looks "right" and what looks "wrong".


Exactly, the Mp line is about making figures that look like the show characters, as BW figures could be seen as having two characters (beast and bot modes) that is what needs to be done [-(


Bingo! A car is a car is a car. If not held back by the animation (and budget) of the day the G1 cartoon would have animated the most realistic cars they possibly could so the MP line works perfectly. Beast Wars is different. In BW the beast mode needs to be just as expressive as the bot mode so we can believe it's capable of talking and non-animal emotion. Even if Mainframe had the budget they still wouldn't have made the beast modes realistic, it just doesn't work as characters and wouldn't work as figures. The original toy line tried for realism, now it's time for TV accuracy.

And nobody wants a realistic BW Dinobot, they'll be in for a big surprise with that one.

Emerje
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754809)
Posted by shajaki on January 12th, 2016 @ 3:49pm CST
I'm not overly concerned about about the realistic hunch he seems to have, since he did walk like that some times. I'm deffinitly a part of the crowd who wants him to look like the CG model though.

Speaking along those lines, I was a little let down by Generations Rattrap not having his lovable cartoony mouse face. Things like that should be preserved if it's for a line like MP. All of this talk about Primal has me vibrating... but more so for the mere idea of there being a MP Dinobot in the future 8-}
Re: New Teaser - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal (1754814)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 12th, 2016 @ 3:58pm CST
shajaki wrote:I'm not overly concerned about about the realistic hunch he seems to have, since he did walk like that some times. I'm deffinitly a part of the crowd who wants him to look like the CG model though.

Speaking along those lines, I was a little let down by Generations Rattrap not having his lovable cartoony mouse face. Things like that should be preserved if it's for a line like MP. All of this talk about Primal has me vibrating... but more so for the mere idea of there being a MP Dinobot in the future 8-}


I'd rather Elephorca from Rhinox, it's already part way there, and would be awesome :PRAY:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Skytread" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bumblebee RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Cliffjumper RID First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 USED" on EBAY
Buy "KRe-O Transformers KIT #A4583 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Autobot Jazz Hasabro" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o Transformers Loose Lot Optimus Beast Hunters Starscream Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Arcee loose COMPLETE" on EBAY