New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead

New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead

Saturday, April 24th, 2010 6:49pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 31,991

Valued site sponsor TFsource has put up a pre-order for the newest product from Third Party HeadRobots. It is Hothead, a headmaster add-on for Universe Hardhead. This is a high-quality upgrade kit that contains a transforming head with ball joints and clear blue eyepiece, two photon rifles, one assault cannon, and a backpack. The backpack features many mounting points so the guns can be configured in several different ways. Feel free to pre-order Hothead over at TFsource here. The new product page also brings in new pictures of the Hothead upgrade, which you can view below.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): TFsource

This article was last modified on Saturday, April 24th, 2010 6:59pm CDT

Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067720)
Posted by Starscream6 on April 24th, 2010 @ 7:06pm CDT
completed sample images would REALLY help me to decide w/ this... :roll:

even a mock up
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067721)
Posted by Blurrz on April 24th, 2010 @ 7:11pm CDT
Pretty sure this is still in the production phase.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067725)
Posted by HighPrime on April 24th, 2010 @ 7:22pm CDT
Awesome... been waiting to see if this would be produced. Definitely picking up.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067749)
Posted by --B-- on April 24th, 2010 @ 8:26pm CDT
Figures. picked up a hardhead on ebay for 32 shipped about a month ago, then yesterday found one in walmart for 20 bucks.

Once this set comes out I think I will be getting my 32 bucks back!
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067765)
Posted by Hal7300 on April 24th, 2010 @ 9:19pm CDT
I'll be getting this myself, seeing as i'll have extra cash from not buying anything from Botcon this year...
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067795)
Posted by Jenus on April 24th, 2010 @ 11:39pm CDT
Damn I was really wanting to resist this item but it looks like I'll give in and order this along with the Perfect Effect Frenzy/Rumble figures though I'd really like to add at least one more thing before I order but unless FP puts up a pre-order for the Rodimus Upgrade next month I'll have to deal with only getting two things because I'm sure if I wait till June the Frenzy/Rumble set will be sold out.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067796)
Posted by puttster3 on April 24th, 2010 @ 11:43pm CDT
I wonder if those added cannons ontop of the torso can swivel up and down. Also wondering if the head goes overtop the original, or does the original get removed.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067818)
Posted by Poyguimogul on April 25th, 2010 @ 3:34am CDT
Seen someone say they wanted a mock-up so I made one.
Didn't take long.
Enjoy!

*To the post above, The original head is removed, and the new one takes it's place. They also say that the electronics are not effected by the swap as the lite-up part is in the neck. -Speculation: The front of the robot has a peg in the chest to connect to the back pack in head mode. The guns attach to the back pack and rotate up and down.... But lets be honest.. the one big grey canon will be on his shoulder and the two green guns in his hands... as "insert deity" intended! <3 Headomasitahs!
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067819)
Posted by The Legend on April 25th, 2010 @ 3:42am CDT
If I could find a reasonably priced Hardhead I'd be all over this. :-(
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067853)
Posted by HighPrime on April 25th, 2010 @ 6:16am CDT
The Legend wrote:If I could find a reasonably priced Hardhead I'd be all over this. :-(

That's what I love/hate about these 3rd party releases. Whether it be Classics Magnus, Universe Bruticus, Universe Hardhead, etc., when these molds were first released you couldn't give these away. The prices then march upward the instant any semblance of an upgrade is presented.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067865)
Posted by Oilspill on April 25th, 2010 @ 6:58am CDT
I have the Cobra head from Head Robots and I gotta say the quality it top notch. Definitely looking forward to this. Hardhead just isn't Hardhead without a big blocky transforming head atop 'is shoulders.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067897)
Posted by El Duque on April 25th, 2010 @ 10:32am CDT
I'll definitely be picking this up. I went out and found a Hardhead on clearance as soon Headrobots made mention of this. Hopefully BBTS will have their pre-order up tomorrow.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067903)
Posted by Mkall on April 25th, 2010 @ 10:59am CDT
I've had a Hardhead since he was released, I'm looking forward to this upgrade very much.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067923)
Posted by Rated X on April 25th, 2010 @ 12:36pm CDT
I have Hardhead so this might actually interest me. A few questions:

1. Why did the take a picture of they prototype from behind ??? Cameraman....HELLO ???

2. Im assuming the old head must be removed or does it fit over the Onslaught shaped head ??? Is this made for easy transformation or will I need a screwdriver every time I want to transform him to vechicle mode ???

3. Can you remove the head in vechicle mode ??? hy would I want a tank with a head ???
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067931)
Posted by El Duque on April 25th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I have Hardhead so this might actually interest me. A few questions:

1. It's a teaser shot, it was done that way intentionally.

2. You remove the original head which leaves a post the new head can attach to, you won't need a screwdriver every time.

3. Yes you can remove the head in alt mode, they show a pic of the head in robot mode riding in the alt mode.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067935)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 25th, 2010 @ 1:02pm CDT
Glad I picked this guy up when it was first on the shelves. :D
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067948)
Posted by Rated X on April 25th, 2010 @ 2:28pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

1. It's a teaser shot, it was done that way intentionally.

Well thats cool. I probally will want one, since I have both Hardhead and Onslaught. It will seperate them better. I had took Hardhead out of my main display case.

I dont like "teaser shots" If I want to get teased, a robots butt isnt doing it for me...LOL :lol:
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067953)
Posted by Constantine on April 25th, 2010 @ 2:52pm CDT
I talked with these guys today at the Canadian Collectible Toy Expo. They confirmed that the original head gets removed and this new one goes in its place. They also said there'd be a retro-kit to fit this new head onto G1 Hardhead. I saw a cell phone picture that showed details of the hands, and was told they'd been molded so they could hold Lego-size weapons and accessories.

I asked when it would be available, and they said their best guess was some time in July. When I pointed out that it wouldn't be ready in time for Botcon, I was told that they won't be going to Botcon because there's rumors that Hasbro is scrutinizing their products and they don't want to draw any more attention to themselves.

Dunno if that's true, but that's what they said. If it is true, that's really a shame that Hasbro might start going after the fandom that's kept the franchise alive all these years. I mean, it's not like Hasbro is losing any money from these third-party homages and add-ons; if anything it's strengthening the overall popularity of Transformers.
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1067962)
Posted by jgilkinson on April 25th, 2010 @ 3:17pm CDT
This set was the only reason i bought Uni HH in the first place. Hardhead was one of my fav toys as a kid and I was very disapointed w the universe repaint but this totaly changes it for me. Will def be preordering this
Re: New TFsource Preorder - HeadRobots HardHead (1068106)
Posted by Stockade on April 26th, 2010 @ 7:39am CDT
I'm really liking this, but i would rather wait and see the finish product with color for the headmasters and his weapons. Looks like im gonna order this...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY