New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper

New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper

Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 9:58am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 44,846

Did you miss out on the Fansproject Cliffjumper Upgrade Kit and not willing to give up your first born child or kidneys just to buy one now for your Classics Cliffjumper? Well, according to ACToys.net member metalfatigue, there's a new option on the horizon from a new kid on the third party block: Beelzeboss. This demonically named toymaker is introducing a upgrade set, appropriately named the Devil Horns Custom Kit, that includes a small blaster, a large, bazooka-like cannon, and a horned head to give your Cliffjumper a more accurate, G1-styled look. The pictures of upgrades show off the clean look of the updated head, the grey guns, and the very cool, box art.

No word yet on pricing for this set or when it will be released. However, when that news is available, you'll find it here on Seibertron.com.

Several pictures of the set are mirrored below. The rest of the gallery can be viewed HERE.

Credit(s): ACtoys.net, metalfatigue

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 5:55pm CST

Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172851)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:12am CST
i might have to get that! this looks awesome! i missed out on the FP one :(
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172852)
Posted by Sid Burn on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:15am CST
wish they had done those guns in black, they look like prototypes in that grey tone.

might be a purchase...
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172858)
Posted by harvester on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:22am CST
I picked up an extra War For Cybertron Cliffjumper and popped off his head for my Classics Cliffjumper and it looks good, a little darker red so it might need a slight paint upgrade.

if this set changed/added CJ's bumpers in car mode like FPs, Id be likely to pick it up. But for now, swapping out the new Generations WFC CliffJumper head works for me, though weapon upgrades are usually nice.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172859)
Posted by Optimus1138 on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:22am CST
These look pretty good. I might get this set if it's not too expensive.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172871)
Posted by jamiko on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:33am CST
Looks pretty good, is there any contact info for these guys?
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172872)
Posted by El Duque on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:33am CST
I got a custom CJ head from Valkfan, but this looks pretty nice. I will definitely get this if the price is right.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172875)
Posted by Mkall on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:34am CST
ooo, Mkall like!

I hope they decide to do the guns in black, but I'd buy it regardless.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172876)
Posted by HollyW00d on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:34am CST
That head is the best one we've seen so far, the WFC head is good for what it is, but doesn't look like the G1 version.

How can we order this? Any info yet?
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172879)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:39am CST
Uh... bit late to jump on this train isn't it?

I never got a classics CJ myself and at this point I'm thinking the WFC one works a bit better for his character anyway, so... easy pass.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172880)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:44am CST
Shadowstream wrote:Uh... bit late to jump on this train isn't it?

Not really. There are a butt ton of people who missed out on the Fansproject release (myself included) who would love to upgrade their Cliffjumper to be more G1 accurate.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172882)
Posted by JETFIRE XL on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:48am CST
I need this. The box list special functions for the lazer gun I wonder what they are? This seem to small to transform or anything like that. If it's less than forty with shipping it's mine
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172883)
Posted by The Legend on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:52am CST
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172886)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 23rd, 2011 @ 10:56am CST
I'm surprised they didn't put a bi-pod on the front of that large blaster and extend the back a bit to make it more G1 accurate. I like how they styled the hand gun but I'm with Sid Burn and Mkall in regards to the weapon color. Should have been black and not primer grey. Still, it's a nicely done set. I probably won't pick it up myself since I don't have that strong of a need to convert my classics CJ but I can certainly appreciate the work they put into this and I can't help but crack a smile over that name. Beelzeboss is not something I'll be forgetting any time soon.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172898)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:34am CST
WFC Cliffjumper head solved it for me.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172899)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:35am CST
This is looking pretty good. If it isn't real pricey I may pick it up to mix and match with my KO FP upgrade. I wish it had some parts for the car mode too.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172909)
Posted by TFBuyer on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:51am CST
Very cool--I hope these guys follow what seems to be a trend right now among 3rd party companies of offering small upgrade kits for reasonable prices (iGear Kup heads, for instance). Missed FP's upgrade, but honestly never liked the aesthetics of it in alt mode or the head sculpt in bot mode. This head sculpt looks spot on, and I can deal with Cliffy looking like Bumblebee with a color change.

Bought, if it's affordable!
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172914)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:58am CST
I like that.. I wonder what the cost will be though?
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172915)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 23rd, 2011 @ 11:58am CST
The Legend wrote:If I hadn't just seen the sketch for Renderform's version in the other thread I'd be all over this.

I'll prolly get both ;)
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172918)
Posted by Anonymous on January 23rd, 2011 @ 12:05pm CST
If it weren't for the RtS re-release of Classics Bumblebee, I'd say sign me up (safe assumption of Generations CJ by summer). On the other hand, if FansProject were to revisit the CJ concept (using Classics 'Bee's trailer hitch or even the waverider for the weapons in alt mode), I'd go 15.00* - 20.00 on a set.

*After all, the City Commander weapons upgrade was what - 14.00(?) initially.

On topic: Great release by a new 3rd party - will need a review to sway me though.
Re: New Third Party Toymaker Takes on Classics Cliffjumper (1172924)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 23rd, 2011 @ 12:17pm CST
Again, I love all of these small upgrades. This set is well designed. Would like someone to review for material quality. Like everyone else, price will be the deciding factor. :-?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chase the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Robots in Disguise 12" Titan Heroes Steeljaw Epic Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides G1 Transformers Optimus Prime 1:32 Diecast Car NEW!" on EBAY