New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics

New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics

Thursday, October 18th, 2007 5:49am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Store News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 26,360

Fellow member, JTKranix noted that BigBadToyStore.com is reporting that Takara will be updating the paint applications for the Classics series.

BBTS.com had this to say:
TRANSFORMERS JAPANESE CLASSICS: Takara will be releasing the Classics line domestically in Japan, if you've missed out on any of them this is a great chance to fill in your collection. We've also just learned that they plan to update the paint versions of the figures to better reflect how they looked in G1 animations. We are digging for details (especially on Megatron - who would look awesome in gray & black), but there is not anything concrete available yet. We'll update the site as we learn more.

Credit(s): BBTS, JTKranix

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 18th, 2007 5:55am CDT

Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408248)
Posted by skywarp-2 on October 18th, 2007 @ 6:06am CDT
I will definitely buy classics now...
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408252)
Posted by olokin on October 18th, 2007 @ 6:09am CDT
Along with two-packs, this will give collectors a chance to fill up some holes in their Classics line-up.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408342)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:59am CDT
I'm going for a Megatron as long as there isn't a stupid orange cap on it
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408361)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:24am CDT
More information required!

:-x
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408367)
Posted by Dr. Z on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:35am CDT
I would probably change my Megatron and maybe Starscream. Prime and Bumblebee are fine as is.

Anime Astrotrain now? :)
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408392)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:54am CDT
Dr. Z wrote:Anime Astrotrain now? :)

Let's hope so, cause I'd be waaaay happier if they do that. I can't wait to see some pics/comparison shots of these guys. Just placed my pre-order for Megs and Starscream. ;)^
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408491)
Posted by Ramrider on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:12am CDT

I wonder if there's any chance, too, that Takara might release repaints that Hasbro aren't (full Seeker set, any body?) - they didn't get the Botcon exclusives, so maybe Takara will fill the gaps...

Bit of a pipe dream, maybe, but something to consider...
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408521)
Posted by SoooTrypticon on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:32am CDT
I'd get Megatron. I'd love to see a purple and grey Astrotrain...
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408560)
Posted by Kimmer on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:54am CDT
as usual takara takes that extra step in quality that hasbro never does.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408562)
Posted by cellshock on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:56am CDT
I pre-ordered 2 each of Megatron & Starscream since I suspect they'll have the most noticeable (and better) repaints.

Megatron is a no-brainer. ANYTHING would be better than the purple/green/orange NERF mess that Hasbro released, and it'll be nice to finally have a version that doesn't look so out of place with the other Classics.

I'm pretty happy with how Starscream currently looks, but won't say no to a version with a better face and maybe some deeper shades of red as opposed to the current burnt orange.

The current versions of Prime & Bumblebee are already perfect imo, so I'm not gonna pick up the Japanese versions. Not unless they do something drastic like give Prime chrome paint.

If they ever release Cliffjumper, I'll pay attention. I could see them losing the blue headlights in place of clear or black ones instead. Might be cool if they gave him a gun as well.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408588)
Posted by Sunstar on October 18th, 2007 @ 11:18am CDT
I put a pre-order on Starscream. At least until something local pops up.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408610)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 18th, 2007 @ 11:28am CDT
If it's good, I'd go up to $40 on a G1 repaint of Megatron.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408629)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 18th, 2007 @ 11:37am CDT
Kimmer wrote:as usual takara takes that extra step in quality that hasbro never does.

This is so not even the case since Armada's early days...
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408631)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 18th, 2007 @ 11:37am CDT
Better news than more Movie line repaints.

Except the black version of Arcee. She's just sweet!
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408648)
Posted by olokin on October 18th, 2007 @ 11:45am CDT
A gray Astrotrain would be sweet.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408696)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on October 18th, 2007 @ 12:14pm CDT
I would so buy a repaint of Classics Megatron. I've grown tired of the ugly purple & green on him. Silver really is his color. Although he could be considered a shade of white, he's really more grey/silver. As long as they put a removable cap on the gun barrel, I'm good. I don't think there's much to do w/Prime. Starscream, yes, but ujst a little bit. This sounds pretty good to me.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408753)
Posted by skywarp-2 on October 18th, 2007 @ 12:56pm CDT
Ramrider wrote:Interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how these turn out - whether they're actually redecoing any of the figs (like Megatron) or just redoing paint apps (maybe making Starscream and Bumblebee, for instance, more G1ish).

Bit of a pipe dream, maybe, but something to consider...

Dude, that's not an unreasonable thing to think, most people here seem to be very cynical when it comes o possibilities, I suppose its stemming from numerous let downs in he past..

most everyone thought they would just be the same thing that Hasbro released, but look what they have done now...!!! it's possible.. I would love a seeker 3 pack gift set!! and a seeker conehead 3-pack gift set!! Or a 2-pack with Rodimus and Ultra Magnus..

I hope they remold Optimus Prime's shoulder to include an autobot symbol to make him more g-1-ish, I wonder if they are modifying the paint to match the animation version a bit better???

Only time will tell...
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408762)
Posted by Ultra Prime on October 18th, 2007 @ 1:02pm CDT
Sunstar wrote:I want Starscream and maybe we can get the tc, thrust and dirge.

Hate to burst your bubble Sunstar but there won't be a Classics Thrust and Dirge made. Hasbro already said that won't happen so that the value of the exclusives aren't tarnished. You'll just have to kitbash ones or pay through the nose on ebay.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408791)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 18th, 2007 @ 1:16pm CDT
Ultra Prime wrote:
Sunstar wrote:I want Starscream and maybe we can get the tc, thrust and dirge.

I've tried to be helpful by saying things like that too.

Now it's just open flame, because no one apparently believes words that come straight from Hasbro anyway.
Re: New Touch-up Added To Takara Classics (408797)
Posted by JTKranix on October 18th, 2007 @ 1:22pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Ultra Prime wrote:
Sunstar wrote:I want Starscream and maybe we can get the tc, thrust and dirge.

I've tried to be helpful by saying things like that too.

Yup. Just about every day someone, usually the same couple of people have to bring up the 2007 Botcon set.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops: Blaster, Perceptor & Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS "GRIMLOCK" 20" STOMP & CHOMP FIGURE toy ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL" on EBAY