New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm

New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm

Saturday, July 30th, 2011 5:16am CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 93,952

We jump into the time machine back to the year 2008, when Toys'R'Us put their Voyager Movie exclusives on the shelf. Not only do these figures allow the Seibertron.com galleries to surpass the milestone of 2400 galleries, but they are also repaints of Cybertron Mudflap, and Armada Red Alert with Longarm. The toys we are talking about are Mudflap (not the same as the annoying one), and Inferno with Longarm. Both were released in the Allspark Battles packaging, but neither is painted with the notorious Allspark teal. Mudflap certainly makes a great Classics-verse Erector, while Inferno, at the time, gave new fans a chance at a mold originating in 2002. Both figures are also notorious for being shelf-warmers during their time, so much that they are both still available for purchase at site sponsor BigBadToyStore! (Mudflap/Inferno) Check out each figure's gallery by clicking their respective pictures or links below!

Mudflap (Voyager Class)
Transformers (2007)

Inferno (Voyager Class)
Transformers (2007)

Longarm (Mini-con)
Transformers (2007)

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more galleries and the latest Transformers news on the net!

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 30th, 2011 5:19am CDT

Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268661)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 30th, 2011 @ 5:30am CDT
nothing but love for these molds
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268689)
Posted by Heavy B on July 30th, 2011 @ 7:43am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:nothing but love for these molds

nothing but hate for the BANANA YELLOW color scheme
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268691)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 30th, 2011 @ 7:58am CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:nothing but love for these molds

nothing but hate for the BANANA YELLOW color scheme

little bitta pretty, little bitta kibbly, g2 g1 lots and lots of color fun!
It all evens out!
:grin:
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268700)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 30th, 2011 @ 8:39am CDT
I alwyas thought that Mudflap made a great stand-in as a Classics Erector.

Nice galleries as always Seibs.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268705)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on July 30th, 2011 @ 9:02am CDT
I have the Inferno :BOT: and he is great .Wish i got the Mudflap :CON: .Great pics ,you gave much respect ;) .
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268731)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on July 30th, 2011 @ 10:52am CDT
I can't explain it, but I love that Inferno mold. I have that one, the Sam's Club Prowl, and the original Red Alert. I also traded the original blue Mudflap for this yellow one, to join the Grapple family.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268734)
Posted by RhA on July 30th, 2011 @ 10:54am CDT
Meh. The colors do nothing for me. Their initial releases are superior.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268747)
Posted by Heavy B on July 30th, 2011 @ 11:00am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:nothing but love for these molds

nothing but hate for the BANANA YELLOW color scheme

little bitta pretty, little bitta kibbly, g2 g1 lots and lots of color fun!
It all evens out!
:grin:

dont get me wrong, I love the G2 color schemes. Im still looking to trade (whats left) of my g1 bruticus for g2 version. and yes I am aware how yellow onslaught was, it just looked better on him then this.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268749)
Posted by Overcracker on July 30th, 2011 @ 11:07am CDT
The Red Alert mode is a pretty good one. I've been meaing to pick up Inferno, just haven gotten around to it.

The mold is pretty cool, and ts got gimmicks and accessories galore. Minicon activated shoulder mounted gun, that doubles as large blaster. Minicon Activated disc launcher. Lights and sounds, which was more common in older Voyagers, Interchangeable tools for his left hand. heck he 's even got battle platforms on his legs for the minicon to stand on.

Its a lot of punch for your buck.

Great mold, and great Galleries as always.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268754)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2011 @ 11:23am CDT
Little known fact. Longarm here was the first official Movie Mini-Con.

Movie Frenzy may have come before him, but he was later made one via a retcon.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268795)
Posted by Seibertron on July 30th, 2011 @ 1:10pm CDT
For those of you wondering why I posted these galleries instead of other more pressing galleries ...

I'm still recovering from my basement's flood from last weekend that took out a major portion of my MISB and MIB collection. Moved almost everything to a storage unit, bought a bunch of the Target RE branded Sterilite tubs they have on sale for $5.99 this week to reorganize my collection. Still doing cleanup 8 days later.

Inferno and Mudflap were completed galleries I finished back in May in case Erector was nominated the winner for HOF but since he wasn't, there wasn't a rush to get these pics up.

Probably going to get some older galleries that have been finished for a while posted first just to keep content going on Seibertron.com until I can get back in the groove of things.

Botcon 2011 Galvatron and Thundercracker are on my list to do very soon once I get back on my feet. Also going to do Cheetor and G2 Redux Ramjet as well as a slew of other related figures that need some love like G2 Starscream and G2 Ramjet.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1268847)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 30th, 2011 @ 3:09pm CDT
stong views i know but i hate these two as i started collecting from the first movie and i hated the cybertron stand in TF or what ever they were i have the "Inferno" mold and its crap for all reasons for me any way.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1269005)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on July 30th, 2011 @ 11:08pm CDT
I just picked up that Mudflap about 3 weeks ago for 10 bucks. Since he was out of the box I had no idea who he was and the Decepticon logo made it even more difficult. With the Decepticon logo being silver instead of the classic purple I had wondered if it was a knock off. For the 10 bucks I figured it was worth a shot since I loved the design. I couldn't find a gallery on here to help identify him so I needed a few odd google searches to take care of it (yellow crane Decepticon seemed to work).
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1279511)
Posted by dirk2243 on August 21st, 2011 @ 9:36am CDT

Some will like that he isn't a firetruck per say and it's different, but way out of scale for what it is and the movieverse could have came up w/ an impressive firetruck mode instead of a repaint of a different line. Don't get me wrong, tight joints, stays together nicely.... perhaps I was just expecting too much.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1279516)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 21st, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
dirk2243 wrote:I have both, and not so impressed with Inferno. Seems like they took a great character, had an opportunity to come up with a great alt mode, and "to me" it seemed as though they took the (very) easy way out.

That's not how the process works though. First of all, exclusives are (almost) always repaints, which Mudflap and Inferno are. Second, the deco is designed first, then a fitting name assigned. Fitting as in fits the deco and/or alt mode. The original character hardly plays a role in it unless the repaint is specifically meant as a homage to that character.

Little known fact is that Inferno is based on Movie Ratchet's proposed colors of red and white, kinda like the upcoming Specialist Ratchet. It has some influences from the G1 Micromaster Tote.
Re: New Toy Galleries: 2007 Movie Mudflap, and Inferno with Longarm (1279529)
Posted by dirk2243 on August 21st, 2011 @ 10:12am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Thats why I said...perhaps I expected to much for something carrying the name of Inferno.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES DELUXE SOUNDWAVE w/ LASERBEAK MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Decepticon Blackout with upgrade DNA" on EBAY