New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok

New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok

Saturday, August 8th, 2009 2:09pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 50,806

While not planned for, the three newest updates in Seibertron.com's toy galleries all have a little touch of red. The trio make up Deluxe Wave 5, and are Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok. Arcee is an entirely new mold, and by no means is she similar to her previous Movie incarnation or her Chromia persona. Swerve is a repaint of RotF Sideswipe, while Stalker Scorponok is a repaint of 2007 Movie Scorponok. You can check out each figure's galleries in the links below;

Arcee;
New Toy Galleries: Red Toys Galore!

Swerve;
New Toy Galleries: Red Toys Galore!

Stalker Scorponok;
New Toy Galleries: Red Toys Galore!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries and updates!

This article was last modified on Saturday, August 8th, 2009 5:09pm CDT

Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970219)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on August 8th, 2009 @ 2:16pm CDT
I like Arcee head-sculpt...a lot. Despite her body looking very weird, her head manages to look awesome, that said, I don't like her 2007 toy head.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970223)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on August 8th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CDT
I saw Swerve in-store, I've wanted him since he was announced- but didn't get him. He's a pale red, almsot pink, just bad. He has a red-painted section around the rear window, and the contrast between the 2 shades is terrible. Really disappointed, makes me want to repaint him a real red, despite the fact that I can't paint my way out of a wet paper bag.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970241)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 8th, 2009 @ 3:02pm CDT
Swerve - Broke Sideswipe, WANT!!!

Scorponok - Missed out last time, better colours, WANT!!!

Arcee - Looks better, MAYBE WANT!!!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970250)
Posted by noctorro on August 8th, 2009 @ 3:42pm CDT
Great gallery, I also missed out on the first scorponok.
But I'll be getting them both, they look very different with
those colours.

As for arcee, I really can't like her, or Chromia. In the
movie they looked so cool and had great heads. It's a shame
that they couldn't translate it into a toy.

Swerve is a win with the new headsculpt. The figure is Sideswipe
is outstanding so that's a big plus. Hope our european release
will be red like movie 2007 Swindle.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970253)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 8th, 2009 @ 3:49pm CDT
noctorro wrote:As for arcee, I really can't like her, or Chromia. In the
movie they looked so cool and had great heads. It's a shame
that they couldn't translate it into a toy.

I gotta admit, the heads are pretty nice on the bikes.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970255)
Posted by Convotron on August 8th, 2009 @ 3:57pm CDT
I'm hoping that the local stores will get Swerve and Stalker Scorponok on the shelves ASAP. If they get the 30% discount the RotF deluxe class toys have right now, it'll be even better!

Having Aveo Swerve in RotF Swerve's gallery is a nice touch. I needs me an Aveo Swerve...time to hunt on eBay.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970279)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 8th, 2009 @ 5:05pm CDT

Speaking of Universe Swerve, when's that gallery coming? ;)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970284)
Posted by Seibertron on August 8th, 2009 @ 5:14pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Swerve comes across as looking cheaper than Sideswipe, but it's still a good looking figure. I'll be picking it up, it'll do as a G1 Sideswipe homage.

Speaking of Universe Swerve, when's that gallery coming? ;)

I really like ROTF Swerve. I think it's a great figure with a great head sculpt, though my only complaint about the figure is that the head doesn't turn too well because of the new head sculpt.

Universe Swerve should be posted early next week along with a variety of other ROTF galleries such as Chromia, Dead End, and more!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970337)
Posted by Swiftpaw on August 8th, 2009 @ 8:01pm CDT
I like Swerve with the new head, but he's not really different otherwise. I would of liked to see more of an actual redeco, like Dead End is colorwise.

I like the 'naga bike' design of the trio for its being different, and because it reminds me of Thrust from Beast Machines. Even though the toys don't quite convey it as well.

I didn't get the original Scorponok because he looked kind of... yeah, pathetic. This one's colors are much better, so maybe. I still think the 'robot' mode is stuuuupid though. Scouts have more convincing simple transformations than that.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970434)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 9th, 2009 @ 12:43am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Speaking of Universe Swerve, when's that gallery coming? ;)

I prefer the original head sculpt but I'm glad they did a little remolding to make the repaints more interesting for this line. To bad the head can't turn well, but that's a minor thing.

Cool, looking forward to the next galleries. :)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970445)
Posted by Fenrir Prime on August 9th, 2009 @ 1:27am CDT
When i first saw pics of Swerve on tf wiki i hated the head sculpt, but now that i see it up close i love it. I like that Swerve has a lot more paint too, like how his wrists are painted with some red instead of solid black, same for above the knees, but im worried about the actual shade of red in person
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (970737)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 9th, 2009 @ 8:19pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971112)
Posted by Seibertron on August 10th, 2009 @ 11:56am CDT
Primus1101 wrote:Say Seibertron, this may sound odd, but which do you reccomend the most, since I have none of these molds.

Of these three, I would probably recommend Swerve. He's the most "normal" and "mainstream" of these 3. I'm generally a fan of Arcee, but not with this particular mold. It's just an oddly transformed toy, though I get the rationale behind it. As for Stalker Scorponok, I like the black paint scheme and still like the scorpion mode but the robot mode leaves much to be desired.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971120)
Posted by Seibertron on August 10th, 2009 @ 12:02pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Cool, looking forward to the next galleries. :)

The ROTF galleries should be pouring in over the course of the next couple of weeks. I just finished taking the photographs for 20+ figures over this past weekend. I'm also really close to finishing up for 16 legends class figures, 7 gravity bots, 12 robot heroes and 10 robot replicas. I still have a little bit more work to do for the FAB galleries but they should be finished up within the next week or two.

Coming down the immediate pipe are galleries such as Ejector (this was a fun gallery), Nightbeat, Scalpel, Starscream, Ironhide, Chromia, Universe Swerve, Bludgeon, Whirl, Grindor, Dead End, the dark variant of Sideways, and many, many more.

DSC06813.jpg
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971165)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on August 10th, 2009 @ 1:07pm CDT
Is it just me, or am I seeing a lot of red/pink and black? :lol:

Arcee is on my list, but not the other two; I have the '07 Scorponok and just want Sideswipe. Speaking of which, do these many repaints mean that there won't be a Premium Sideswipe (same goes for Sideways)? And by the way, why doesn't anyone have any Premium info? I'm going insane! All Sideswipes over here are disappearing fast! Even play.com has taken it off their site! I can't find any anywhere! :shock:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971180)
Posted by Convotron on August 10th, 2009 @ 1:30pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:Cool, looking forward to the next galleries. :)

I can't wait to see the new galleries!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971252)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 10th, 2009 @ 3:21pm CDT
gah i really wan that arcee.... she always escapes my grasp whenever i hit the stores
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971307)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 10th, 2009 @ 4:34pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Ok, thanks man! And, of the sake of curiousity, are those knees I see sculpted into Scorponok's robot mode legs? Or am I just crazy again? Your pick! :P
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971415)
Posted by Aman10000 on August 10th, 2009 @ 7:53pm CDT
I like the Swerve color scheme, but the head mold I don't like. It's too much like an old, ancient Transformer, and I think of Swerve as young, and energetic.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Arcee, Swerve, and Stalker Scorponok (971501)
Posted by Omega Charge on August 10th, 2009 @ 10:26pm CDT
I love the Ejector gallery. Hilarious. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Rippersnapper Predacon Abominus Hasbro 1987" on EBAY
Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY