Wednesday, February 1st, 2012 9:24pm CST

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 92,169

This round of gallery entries brings two more versions of the popular Transformers ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime mold and a redeco of the ROTF Leader Class Jetfire mold.

First we have the DOTM reissue of Takara's ROTF Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire two-pack. This version of Buster Optimus Prime features alternate pinstripping and a closed faceplate. Jetfire has also underwent a slight makeover with more black. Second we have the Family Mart exclusive Translucent Optimus Prime. Follow the links and images below for full galleries.

Buster Optimus Prime (Jetpower 2-pack) (Leader Class)
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

Jetfire (Jetpower 2-pack) (Leader Class)
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

Jetpower Optimus Prime (Jetpower 2-pack) (Leader Class, Supreme Class)
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

Optimus Prime Limited Clear Color Edition (Leader Class)
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341433)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 1st, 2012 @ 10:15pm CST
ONLY IN JAPAN!!!

Sigh.....
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341439)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on February 1st, 2012 @ 10:24pm CST
Arrrgh. These galleries with images of Jetwing and Striker Prime just rub salt in the wound left by the fact that Hasbro decided that we Americans don't need them and that they have soared beyond rational affordability on the secondary market. :-x
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341442)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 1st, 2012 @ 10:38pm CST
The black-and-rust deco is a great look on Jetfire, but his eyes are just far too dead.
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341451)
Posted by Seibertron on February 1st, 2012 @ 11:07pm CST
These photos represent quite a change in my gallery process. Over the course of the past month, I've gotten a new camera, experimented with different types of backdrops, changed backdrops, and even gotten a professional lightkit complete with softboxes (and finally got rid of the clamp-on lamps I was using for the past 8 years).

Jetfire's robot mode was the first set of pics with the new setup on the white backdrop. Buster Optimus Prime's robot mode was the first set of pics with the new setup on the black backdrop. In some of the vehicle mode pics, if you look close you'll see that I was using black poster board before I ended up with my black backdrop.

This new setup allows me to pretty much just take pics and do very little touch-up work in Photoshop, which means I can do galleries faster. This setup has solved a lot of problems that I've dealt with for the past 8 years. I can't wait to see how quickly I can knock out galleries now.

Just need some new Transformers Prime toys to test all of this out on from start to finish! Bring it!
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341455)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on February 1st, 2012 @ 11:37pm CST

I wonder if they figured out a way to prevent all that translucent plastic from cracking around the pin joints as well as the ball joints in the ankles. That would be an unimaginable tragedy to have those joints split on a nigh irreplaceable piece like that!
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341457)
Posted by Seibertron on February 1st, 2012 @ 11:48pm CST
Cobalt Prime wrote:That transparent Prime is a great looking collector piece. Sort of reminds me of the Holotech Zoids they had out a while ago.

I heard this toy has those very same problems, but I experienced zero with mine. I didn't really like it until I was doing the galleries. It's a pretty cool piece. I've never really been big into the transparent Transformers (even though I own quite a few), but now that I have this black backdrop maybe I'll like taking photos of them more.
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341458)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 1st, 2012 @ 11:52pm CST
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341460)
Posted by Seibertron on February 2nd, 2012 @ 12:12am CST
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:Great pics! I have the ROTF Buster Prime/Jetfire two-pack, is there any difference in paint apps between that and this reissue?

From what I understand, there are none. Would love for someone to confirm that has the ROTF set.
Re: New Toy Galleries: DOTM Reissue Jetpower Buster Optimus Prime and Jetfire Set & Family Mart Translucent Leader Class Optimus Prime (1341552)
Posted by Skywarp64 on February 2nd, 2012 @ 9:22am CST
Why must Takara's stuff *always* be so much better than Hasbro's?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Hasbro Transformers 1stMovie SeriesDeluxe Class6" Decepticon Divebomb Wal." on EBAY