New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons

New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons

Monday, October 25th, 2010 6:38pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 69,982

Transformers fans, if you've got your optics locked to the toy galleries of Seibertron.com you may have noticed something brand new. That's right, today marks the first appearance of Transformers: Power Core Combiners! The wave 3 Five-Packs have been photographed practically in 360°, revealing every inch of the toy. This wave is composed of Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons. Stakeout is a repaint of Smolder, while Crankcase is a repaint of Huffer. The Protectobots and Destrons are composed of a mix and match of Aerialbots and Combaticons. For your viewing pleasure, check out each gallery by clicking the links or pictures below!

Stakeout with Protectobots

Crankcase with Destrons

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news and more Power Core Combiners galleries!

Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139646)
Posted by adamassc on October 25th, 2010 @ 6:39pm CDT
YAY! I've been waiting for PCC galleries.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139653)
Posted by Megazarak on October 25th, 2010 @ 7:00pm CDT

On a sadder note, I'm disappointed in the Steelshot and Beacon 2-pack. I was already hesitant to get the figures from wave 3 (since I already have all of wave 1), but Beacon isn't even transluscent. I know we saw some pics of him being solid red before, but not many though he would actually end up that way. Even in his "Also Available" pic he has a transluscent brown Beacon which looks really good with him and actually fits his colour scheme. Quite unfortunate, since every single other mini-con has been made in transluscent plastic.
Of the 2-pack repaints though, Windburn is looking pretty good in those colours.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139667)
Posted by OptiMagnus on October 25th, 2010 @ 7:47pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139677)
Posted by MidAge on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:02pm CDT
I am really disappointed to see the Steelshot and Beacon 2-pack, too. It makes me heisitant to the figure of Wave 3.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139678)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:02pm CDT
Bummer, the Destrons aren't as uniform in color as I thought.

I'd imagine the Protectotanks would go nicely with the Combaticons. And the Blue Angels jet is pretty spiffy idea. If it weren't for me having Smolder already, I'd so get that set.
Hasbro really ought to release drone sets. I hate having to get a scout fig I don't really want for them.

Now if only local stores would have more than Wave 1. Of anything...
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139686)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:13pm CDT
These look cool for someone who would be into em, I think they're neat too with the exception of the non-transforming limbs, but I must say I am bugged that some characters get their rendition in the PCC line, like Huffer, and are so small to fit into scale with the other 'bots. Good detailing on em though.

:CON:
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139691)
Posted by TeletranPrime on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:24pm CDT
where is wave 1 and 2?
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139694)
Posted by Seibertron on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:33pm CDT
TeletranPrime wrote:where is wave 1 and 2?

All of the Power Core Combiners through wave 3 will be posted by Saturday.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139704)
Posted by Cheetron on October 25th, 2010 @ 8:58pm CDT
I like both sets. I was waiting for the few guys I liked to get repainted.

Nice galleries. Man I wish i could afford them.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139710)
Posted by NightGlider on October 25th, 2010 @ 9:53pm CDT
OMG! How did you get Darkscream to hold Razorbeam in axe mode?!
Mine won't
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139729)
Posted by Liftgate on October 25th, 2010 @ 11:16pm CDT
Megazarak wrote:Nice galleries! Glad to see that the PCCs are finally getting some. Crankcase and Stakeout are both looking good as well.

I noticed that too, Steelshot is the only PCC I want actually, cool colors. Maybe he got really hot for some reason, or maybe this is his non-"flame-on" color? Wonder if this is the new way they're making em or one off?
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139734)
Posted by Seibertron on October 25th, 2010 @ 11:59pm CDT
NightGlider wrote:OMG! How did you get Darkscream to hold Razorbeam in axe mode?!
Mine won't

I drilled a hole in each hand. I don't normally customize figures but it was driving me nuts that he couldn't hold his weapon. I did the same thing to Skyburst but I bought a double of him so he'd look alright in his "powered-up" form. Not sure if this was the brightest thing to do but I did.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139735)
Posted by mightwork on October 26th, 2010 @ 12:07am CDT
OptiMagnus10 wrote:YAY! PCC's are finally added! These sets look so awesome. Too bad my stores won't get them until the next millenium. Still waiting for TF2010 wave 2....and waiting....and waiting.... :BOOM:

Most of the transformers in my area arrive on time, but I still haven't seen any human alliance figures! :-x
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139765)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on October 26th, 2010 @ 4:45am CDT
Stakeout looks great, and Cranckcase is awesome. But the combined modes... Meh. Still on the fence for these as the drones used for the five-pack just don't do it for me (Stakeout's mix moreso than Crackcase's.)
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139770)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 26th, 2010 @ 5:12am CDT
It's just too good to be true! :BOOM: :lol: Definitely going to pick these bad boys (and Autobot) up when I get the chance. =P~ :ic$:
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139832)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 26th, 2010 @ 10:52am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
TeletranPrime wrote:where is wave 1 and 2?

All of the Power Core Combiners through wave 3 will be posted by Saturday.

Awesome, thanks for all your hard work! :D

As for these, I count myself amongst the PCC supporters, but I'll be passing on these. They need to be either really cool or a good G1 homage, and these are neither. Plus I already have Huffer, so I have no need for Crankcase.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139881)
Posted by NightGlider on October 26th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Mine won't

Oooh

Guess my Razoream will be staying with Stakeout
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139886)
Posted by bigbadbello on October 26th, 2010 @ 1:24pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139895)
Posted by --B-- on October 26th, 2010 @ 2:00pm CDT
bigbadbello wrote::-x I just cannot believe that everybody is so happy and geeking about the PCC sets. I mean come on the are just a bunch of non transforming plastic thingies :BOOM: . This is not what transformers is about!! Animated =P~ , Universe ;) , Masterpiece :grin: etc those are good lines. This is crap! And whats up with all the repaints in the PCC line, thats just cheap. Waste of Money! #-o

Ask my 6 year old. It may be a wate of money to you, but when he sits and plays with them, battling back and forth, changing limbs to allow for different special powers, that's where you will see why these are not a waste of money.
Re: New Toy Galleries: PCC Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (1139972)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 26th, 2010 @ 4:52pm CDT
bigbadbello wrote:And whats up with all the repaints in the PCC line, thats just cheap.

In all fairness, in just the first two waves, there were 10 Commanders, 6 Minicons, and 16 Drones, for a grand total of 32 new molds! And they're all (mostly) interchangeable!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY