New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron

New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron

Monday, April 12th, 2010 5:44pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 63,561

We've got a blast from the past. When the 2007 Movie toy line was in full swing, the Screen Battles box sets were released. Target decided to join in the fun with two box sets, Freeway Brawl and Battle over Mission City - focusing on the Autobot and Decepticon Leaders packaged with their first victims in the movie. The immense toy galleries have been updated with Voyager Optimus Prime and Voyager Megatron, as Bonecrusher and Jazz (Final Battle) were unchanged from their regular releases.

Bonecrusher was the Decepticon that kicked off Optimus Prime's "Give me your Face" Collection. This Optimus Prime features darker hues compared to his original colour scheme. Jazz was torn in half in the movie by Megatron. This version of the Decepticon leader features a fiery, orange scheme compared to the first icy blue release.

Check each figure's gallery in the links below!

Optimus Prime (Freeway Brawl)

Megatron (Battle over Mission City)

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more galleries, and a surprise for our 2000th Transformers toy gallery!

This article was last modified on Monday, April 12th, 2010 5:46pm CDT

Re: New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron (1064054)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 12th, 2010 @ 5:57pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron (1064056)
Posted by Seibertron on April 12th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Wow. You guys JUST now got this? I never was a fan of these sets, but I got SB Barricade with the little figurines just for laughs :lol: (And that the only other Barricade I owned was Recon Barricade, who doesn't look that menacing #-o ). Sorry if I offended anyone, though ;) (I know, I say sorry a lot, according to my friends :lol: ).

Nope. I've had them since they came out. Finished their galleries about six months or so ago but never posted them (Notice the images have the site's old logo on them ... these galleries were finished when the TRU exclusive Nemesis set came out) since they weren't really relevant to what's currently hot and weren't going to draw a lot of traffic. Trying to get to 2,000 galleries by the end of today so I thought I'd post them finally.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron (1064057)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 12th, 2010 @ 6:07pm CDT
Ah, so now instead of wings composed of ice, burnin' Megs has metal wings that half-melted. Not more movie-accurate, but a step in the right direction.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron (1064066)
Posted by icenemesis on April 12th, 2010 @ 7:23pm CDT
want burning megs on a completely random note has anyone else found out that if you turn bonecrushers head upside down it looks like a different face?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron (1064114)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 13th, 2010 @ 12:18am CDT
Wait... we're creeping up on our 2,000th gallery?

Exciting!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Screen Battles Optimus Prime and Megatron (1064173)
Posted by ConBotFormer on April 13th, 2010 @ 8:35am CDT
Looks like somebody crapped all over Megatrons chest...didn't know he was into that...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC EXCLUSIVE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE POWERGLIDE SOUNDWAVE ZARTAN" on EBAY