New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu

New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu

Monday, August 17th, 2009 2:56pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 24,717

The unlicensed Audi R8 alternate mode is the main focus of today's toy gallery update. A dark variant of Deluxe Sideways, Deluxe Dead End, and Scout Dead End are the newest galleries that have arrived on Seibertron.com. As said, this Sideways is a dark variation of the original Deluxe Sideways, and is a bit more rare than his predecessor. Deluxe Dead End is a retool (featuring a new head) of Deluxe Sideways, and is more of a homage to Wildrider than to his G1 Dead End persona. When it comes to Scout Dead End, it resembles G1 Dead End more than his Deluxe counterpart. Scout Dead End was repainted into Scout Nightbeat. You can check each figure's gallery in the links below;

Variant Sideways;
New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu

Deluxe Dead End;
New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu

Scout Dead End;
New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries and updates!

Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976001)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 17th, 2009 @ 3:37pm CDT
I'm torn on this variant. It does look nicer, and I did buy the Breakaway variant, but I'm not sure I care. Also, Deluxe Dead End's head looks very sloppily painted. I rolled the dice and bought mine from HTS, so here's hoping I luck out and get a good one.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976014)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 17th, 2009 @ 3:55pm CDT
Looks like Dead End now permanently has Wildrider's coloring, or just has his own coloring reversed. By the by, I think it's worth mentioning (and repeating) that the Scout Dead End looks more like Laserbeak... Kidding :P More like, that the Scout Dead End is called "Detour" in Europe and other markets.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976022)
Posted by decepticon legion on August 17th, 2009 @ 4:05pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976026)
Posted by Blurrz on August 17th, 2009 @ 4:09pm CDT
decepticon legion wrote:WTH, two versions of Sideways? Haven't heard about it. Can anybody please link some info here? Thanks!

It is what it is. There are Sideways with different coloured variations. The one that is featured in the gallery is a Darker version of it. There is no official documentation that the two are different, however you can easily tell from the pictures. It was released in Wave 1 along with the other normal Sideways.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976057)
Posted by LiKwid on August 17th, 2009 @ 4:32pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976065)
Posted by Convotron on August 17th, 2009 @ 4:37pm CDT
I saw new stock of Dead End and Ravage at Walmart recently. Very tempting! But right now, my wallet says it has only enough love for those two or one Alternity Megatron...
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976084)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 17th, 2009 @ 5:03pm CDT
Interesting. Looks like I got the dark Sideways without even knowing there was a difference. Looks better, IMO, especially being in the same wave as Sideswipe. Helps to differentiate the two, both being silver sports cars with 'Side' in their names. Y'know, for the parents who would probably still confuse them, since they'd still be looking for a silver sports car. :mrgreen:

Edit: Hmm. I think I've decided not to get Deluxe Dead End. I saw him in the store and was about to buy him, but hesitated, not wanting to spend the money on a repaint I don't care too much for. Seeing the gallery, I think the mold looks a lot better in its original colors anyway.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976098)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 17th, 2009 @ 5:18pm CDT
Dead End's head sculpt looks werid imo, prob the only reason preventing me from getting him.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976104)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 17th, 2009 @ 5:24pm CDT
Dead end's paint scheme reminds me of runabout..
Make a white one and have runamuck and runabout..
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976230)
Posted by hippymule on August 17th, 2009 @ 8:19pm CDT
can any one smell menasor combiner :-?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976337)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 17th, 2009 @ 11:00pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:I have actually seen 3 different paint variants for Sideways. This darker color and a vaariant where the stripes on the side of the vehicle go further up and farther back on the rear fender... I found the darker variant at wal mart and scooped it up .. I have to pass on dead end though..That head is goofy looking..

I like him, even though, I really think the mold of the Sideways figure is not incredibly appealing, but the Dead End version to me gets rid of the most heinous part...the ugly head, and replaces it with something one might find in G1.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976461)
Posted by decepticon legion on August 18th, 2009 @ 6:16am CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976630)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 18th, 2009 @ 12:58pm CDT
decepticon legion wrote:Is there any way to distinguish these two versions from their packaging? (product numberr etc.) I've found one version of Sideways in a store but I'm not sure, which one it is.

Probably not, since it's in the same wave as the normal one. If there's a Sideswipe nearby, you could compare the shades of silver. The lighter Sideways will probably match Sideswipe, whereas the darker one will of course be darker.

tigertracks 24 wrote:I suggest not skipping Dead End, I think he is better than any Sideways paint and head...

Would you or someone be able to post a pic of the 'modified' transformation? Hasbro's instructed robot mode is one of the unappealing aspects of this mold, IMO it looks a lot better with the backpack lower down on his back instead of behind the head. If Dead End looks good like that, I may change my mind.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976641)
Posted by Valandar on August 18th, 2009 @ 1:08pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976653)
Posted by Seibertron on August 18th, 2009 @ 1:26pm CDT
Valandar wrote:The Dead End head makes me think the nodules on the sides of his head are his eyes, instead of the visor. Kinda makes him look like a Transformer version of an Ithorian ("Hammerhead" alien from the Mos Eisley Cantina).

I thought those were his eyes at first, as well, when the first pics of him showed up online earlier this year. They should've painted the visor a more contrasting color than another shade of red, which kind of blends in with the top of his head sculpt. Once you realize those aren't his eyes on the sides of his head, it's actually a really nice and unique head sculpt. I especially like the "gas mask" look that he has ... very cool! I think the larger head and the overall shape looks much better on the mold's body than does the Sideways head. Though I still like the Sideways mold despite that ... even though I couldn't decide which way the feet looked best (with the wheels touching the ground or not).
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976824)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 18th, 2009 @ 5:27pm CDT
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (976857)
Posted by Seibertron on August 18th, 2009 @ 6:47pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:lol, now I'm indecisive about Dead End again. I found yayabee's gallery where he did the modified robot mode, and the red also looks much darker. I'm not sure about this figure, so on the fence. I guess I'll have to see how I'm feeling when I see it in-store again.

what's the modified robot mode look like? can u post a link?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (977059)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 18th, 2009 @ 10:20pm CDT
Y'know, this show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0BzBFWt8V8
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (977105)
Posted by Convotron on August 18th, 2009 @ 11:37pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:So, am I really the only one who thinks of Mobile Armored Strike Kommand when I see Dead End's head?
Y'know, this show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0BzBFWt8V8

Hehe, nope!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Sideways Variant, and Dead End Déjà vu (977261)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 19th, 2009 @ 7:04am CDT
:D
I bought Dead End solely based on how much he makes me think of MASK.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Rippersnapper Predacon Abominus Hasbro 1987" on EBAY
Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY