Saturday, December 31st, 2011 2:53am CST

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 220,774

Transformers Dark of the Moon saw Soundwave leave the safety of his orbital post and join his fellow Decepticons in battle on the Earth's surface. In doing so he was forced to abandon his satellite alternative mode and choose one more appropriate for his new surroundings, which turned out to the stylish Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

Seibertron.com is pleased to present all three flavors of Transformers Dark of Moon Soundwave: Cyberverse Legion, MechTech Deluxe, and Human Alliance with Laserbeak and Dylan Gould. Which version of Soundwave do you find superior? Click any of the links or images below to view the corresponding figure's full high quality gallery.

Soundwave (Deluxe Class, MechTech)
Dark of the Moon

Soundwave (Human Alliance, MechTech)
Dark of the Moon

Laserbeak (Human Alliance, MechTech)
Dark of the Moon

Mr. Dylan Gould (Human Alliance, Humans)
Dark of the Moon

Soundwave (Cyberverse, Legion Class)
Dark of the Moon

This article was last modified on Saturday, December 31st, 2011 10:18am CST

Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1328988)
Posted by RhA on December 31st, 2011 @ 3:03am CST
HA Soundwave looks so awesome, it hurts. Gets better every time, it seems.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1328989)
Posted by scypris115 on December 31st, 2011 @ 3:15am CST
I like the deluxe version best :grin: , sure its got kibble but not as much as that HA Soundwave... :SICK: When are ya gonna put up a gallery of Que/Wheeljack? hope his gallery is as good as these figures, great pictures! :APPLAUSE: now I REALLY want deluxe Soundwave! ;)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1328994)
Posted by Samsonator on December 31st, 2011 @ 4:07am CST
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1328998)
Posted by Poyguimogul on December 31st, 2011 @ 4:40am CST
That DLX soundwave... :APPLAUSE: :KREMZEEK: :CON: <(Soundwave is Superior! I'm compatible with G1 Weapons!)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1328999)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 31st, 2011 @ 5:09am CST
Samsonator wrote:For my money, the clear winner here is Deluxe. Fairly accurate vehicle mode, and a robot mode that, while not the most screen accurate, just looks best comparitively. I might get HA Soundwave to give my HA Bee some cannon fodder, with the added bonus of a Dylan for Sam to knock around, but if I only get one of 'em, you can bet it will be Deluxe.

According to what I heard from a friend, one of the convention panels said that the Deluxes had to capture as much of the CGI model as possible. So, basically, DX Soundwave is pretty accurate.

He's also a pain to transform.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329003)
Posted by Baha08 on December 31st, 2011 @ 5:52am CST
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329006)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 31st, 2011 @ 6:04am CST
Baha08 wrote:HA Soundwave still makes me sad though, it's like they tried too hard to save money so not only did they not paint him (Hell they could have gave him the dark gray the Legion Class Soundwave had) but they shrunk him down that he is towered over by HA Jazz. And HA Jazz was compact and he roughly reaches up to BB's head.

I can't speak for the HA version, but the Deluxe is fine as is. The way he transforms, you'd chip or rub off all of the paint, in time. He'd look awful.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329008)
Posted by Baha08 on December 31st, 2011 @ 6:06am CST
Yeah Deluxe isn't too bothersome but they could go with the dark plastic used on legion Soundwave. Though HA Soundwave looks off, and I bet anything if they engineered the legs like they did to Jazz it wouldn't be as bad.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329012)
Posted by Va'al on December 31st, 2011 @ 7:11am CST
Hm.

I guess I will get the Deluxe after all.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329105)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 31st, 2011 @ 1:07pm CST
Finally, more DOTM galleries!

I like the Legends and HA (incidentally, I have Barricade in those two classes, too), so I'll get those... whenever they get released.

While I'd like a Deluxe Soundwave to go with my WfC and eventual Prime SWs, I don't like this one at all; that tab "floating" between the legs just kills it. I'll have to pass on that one. Besides, I have plans for a custom movieverse Deluxe.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329106)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 31st, 2011 @ 1:11pm CST
Everyone's going for the Deluxe, and so am I. I'm not much of a HA collector anyway. Where's Legion Laserbeak?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329110)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 31st, 2011 @ 1:34pm CST
I've been considering the deluxe, but that is a horrible unpainted shade of grey, so I'm not so sure. However, then I see an image like this, which admittedly still pretty dang awesome:

So maybe I will still get it. Perhaps they'll do a better repaint later, who knows.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329118)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 31st, 2011 @ 2:04pm CST
Movie Trilogy Soundwave superior:

Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329157)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 31st, 2011 @ 4:05pm CST
the deluxe version is ruined by the bad coloring and the back kibble, HA is just horrible all around & legends has balancing issues from what ive heard, horrible coloring & a bad head sculpt. These are 3 soundwaves that i will not be hunting down, even if they do G1 style repaints. I never would've thought that id ever say those words but thanks to bay i just did. Well at least ill be saving $50.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329178)
Posted by Seibertron on December 31st, 2011 @ 5:05pm CST
Your responses are very interesting to me. I was very disappointed in the deluxe class figure. The delay with these figures might have built up a level of expectation in my head that was unobtainable. Aside from the lack of paint in the Human Alliance Soundwave, I was overall rather pleased with it and think it comes much closer to matching his on-screen appearance than the deluxe class pulls off. Neither figure is perfect unfortunately, which is a bummer because Soundwave is my all-time favorite Transformers character. Hopefully this isn't the last movie Soundwave mold that we see. I think Hasbro can do better.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329182)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 31st, 2011 @ 5:26pm CST
i am getting human alliance and deluxe. =P~ wannnntttt =P~ =P~
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329198)
Posted by Va'al on December 31st, 2011 @ 6:52pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Movie Trilogy Soundwave superior:

I have to say, that one does look much better..

Might wait till then.
(When is then?)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329199)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on December 31st, 2011 @ 6:52pm CST
HA soundwave looks better the more I see it and the deluxe looks good as well. I'll have to get both of them :CON:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329207)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on December 31st, 2011 @ 7:01pm CST
How the hell did Ryan obtain all three? :???:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Transformers Dark of the Moon Soundwave Cyberverse, Deluxe, and Human Alliance (1329209)
Posted by Seibertron on December 31st, 2011 @ 7:07pm CST
Treetop Maximus wrote:How the hell did Ryan obtain all three? :???:

Cyberverse Legion Soundwave is available at retail currently at Target and Walmart stores.

Takara Tomy's Human Alliance Soundwave was released in Japan two or three weeks ago and is currently sold out at BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Takara Tomy's Deluxe Class Soundwave came out a week or two ago in Japan and was available at BBTS starting last week: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Rippersnapper Predacon Abominus Hasbro 1987" on EBAY
Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY