New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream!

New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream!

Thursday, November 12th, 2009 11:02pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 33,398

Opportunities are always around the corner, the Toy Gallery section just took advantage of one to add a few old pieces. As you might remember, a Vector Prime was released under Universe earlier this year. Another set containing a recolored Vector Prime was released during the Cybertron toy line as a Toys R" Us exclusive. In that set was the only Voyager class release of Starscream in Cybertron. Use these links to view each gallery:

Voyager Starscream

New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream!

Vector Prime

New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream!

Safeguard

New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream!

This article was last modified on Thursday, November 12th, 2009 11:26pm CST

Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019603)
Posted by Nekoman on November 12th, 2009 @ 11:04pm CST
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019606)
Posted by Seibertron on November 12th, 2009 @ 11:28pm CST
Nekoman wrote:Does anyone else think Hasbro should repaint that Starscream mold into Ramjet next? If you use TRU Starscream as Thrust, and if you have Universe Dirge, Ramjet would complete the trio!

Yeah, I've thought this for awhile. Especially since they came out with the Legends class versions. One day ... maybe in Classics 3.0.

I updated the story to include Safeguard. Thanks for posting this update.

Working on getting Roadbuster and Dirge up next. Should be up tomorrow or Saturday.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019607)
Posted by Seibertron on November 12th, 2009 @ 11:30pm CST
I took this opportunity to finally add the pictures of Inferno in the box that I had sitting on my computer.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... erno/1608/

I also moved all of the Classics 2.0 galleries to the correct series. Most of them were previously listed under the first Classics series instead prior to tonight.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019642)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 13th, 2009 @ 2:55am CST
Excellent galleries!

While that is a mighty fine deco on Screamer, it just ain't Starscream. I consider myself pretty lucky to have picked up Galaxy Force Starscream. It obviously makes a great Cybertron Thrust, of course.

That's a pretty decent deco on VP too, though it might do with a few more paint apps.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019647)
Posted by Blurrz on November 13th, 2009 @ 3:20am CST
L-O-L

Never saw that Universe Vector Prime in Canada ever.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019653)
Posted by Stockade on November 13th, 2009 @ 4:24am CST
Man! As always the galleries are awesome and i wish i was collecting Transformers during the Cybertron toy line, instead i was hitting up rare and exclusive Starwar figures and vehicles. The more and more i see the Cybertron toyline the more i want them, but i'm a little too later on that. Oh well, I still have a LARGE amount of G1 stuff, The first transformer movie toyline, the ROTF and my favorite TRU 2.0 line!!! I hope to see TRU 3.0.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019723)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 13th, 2009 @ 9:14am CST
Oddly enough, I keep looking at that Starcsream mold and keep thinking it would make a good Blitzwing.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019739)
Posted by Prime Riblet on November 13th, 2009 @ 10:04am CST
Blurrz wrote:L-O-L

Never saw that Universe Vector Prime in Canada ever.

I never saw that thing here in Minnesota either. EVER.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019740)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 13th, 2009 @ 10:12am CST
I got mine from HTS, and that's the only one I ever saw in person until I saw Counterpunch's.

I've still got to get myself a GF Starscream.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019797)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on November 13th, 2009 @ 2:01pm CST
To tell the truth, Cybertron is one of my favorite series. C'mon, it was top notch, you have to admit it. When compared to Arm. and En., it quite frankly blows them out of the water. Sadly, I have no Cybertron toys, except for a Movie repaint (Grindcore), and a Classic Legends (Optimus).

EDIT: Just reviewed my collection, and I have Cybertron Scattorshot and Brushguard.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019801)
Posted by --B-- on November 13th, 2009 @ 2:18pm CST
Prime Riblet wrote:
Blurrz wrote:L-O-L

Never saw that Universe Vector Prime in Canada ever.

I never saw that thing here in Minnesota either. EVER.

He hit my local TRU for the first time about a month ago, along with Inferno. I got Inferno in the summer, thanks to a work purchase that had a damaged box! I picked up VP or The Last Autobot, as I think of this deco, when I saw them at TRU a while back. I think Exton TRU still has one of each, come to think of it.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019818)
Posted by Rated X on November 13th, 2009 @ 3:21pm CST

Also, whats up with the insecticons ??? I went to Toys r Us last week with a printout from their website. The manager looked into the computer and told me they have not been released yet...
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019823)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 13th, 2009 @ 3:41pm CST
Rated X wrote:I found Vector Prime recently and bought him cause he is different. But I swear I never heard of this guy. (I do not read comic books) They should have just released him as Alpha Trion like the mold was originally designed for. Im sure there is enough leftover pink and purple paint from the girls toy section of the Hasbro factory to make this happen. When was this red Starscream released ? The last Toys R Us Cybertron Starscream was too big and cost 50 bucks so I passed it up. When was this released and is it available now in stores ???

Here's a little refresher course, wait, make that two courses:

- Vector Prime was a major player in the Cybertron series, as a guardian of time and space during Primus' slumber. The Universe series pays tribute to all series mind you, not just G1 and G2. He was already repainted and retooled into Alpha Trion for BotCon 2007, check the Gallery :). One last thing: check the Marvel comics again, Vector Prime's basic mold is an homage to The Last Autobot.
- The Supreme Starscream was basic retail. The Toys 'R Us exclusive Voyager Starscream with the colors inverted was available during the Cybertron line (see the packaging).
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019827)
Posted by Rated X on November 13th, 2009 @ 4:09pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Here's a little refresher course, wait, make that two courses:

Oh I see. I had seen the Alpha Trion Gallery browsing and thought it was the original design for the mold. I was wondering where was his musatache and beard. I never had a chance to explore the Cybertron line because when I started collecting after the first movie, most of this line was not in stores except a few scout class figures from the now closed Kay-Bee. I wish I had known about the red Starscream whenn it was out cause I did by the Target exclusives Dirge/Roadbuster set which I thought was designed for the classics Universe series. Thanks for letting me know about Vector, I buy many figures that I know little about just because I think they look cool :D
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019830)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 13th, 2009 @ 4:37pm CST
You're very welcome :) Just keep in mind this rule of thumb: if it's an exclusive, it's a repaint. ;)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019900)
Posted by Nekoman on November 13th, 2009 @ 11:30pm CST
Soon after the last batch of figures seen here for the Toy Gallery section, two more have joined the galleries on Seibertron.com. Released as Target exclusives last year, Roadbuster and Dirge were added to the Universe line-up as redecos of Cybertron Voyager Starscream and Cybertron "Cybertron Defense" Hotshot.

Roadbuster

Dirge

Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019910)
Posted by First-Aid on November 14th, 2009 @ 12:30am CST
I waited for these to go on clearance at my Target then missed em completely...I'm sooooo depressed now; they are great repaints
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019913)
Posted by Shadowdodger on November 14th, 2009 @ 12:59am CST
Normally I don't go for the repaints, but I am REALLY diggin' Roadbuster. I like the mold and the color scheme...I may just have to pick this one up. :-?
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019930)
Posted by Stockade on November 14th, 2009 @ 6:20am CST
Awesome Galleries!!!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Universe Vector Prime and Cybertron Starscream! (1019934)
Posted by Convotron on November 14th, 2009 @ 7:05am CST
I picked up a loose and complete Dirge a while ago and I love the figure. :)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY