New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon

New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon

Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 2:55pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 50,179

The Masters of Metallikato have arrived here on Seibertron.com. The toy galleries have been updated with the two figures that fill out the box set, Whirl and Bludgeon. The set was mostly exclusive to Toys'R'Us; we say mostly because there were numerous reports that the figures were being sold at other stores like Target and Wal-Mart. Regardless, Whirl is a repaint of 2007 Movie Evac, who was originally a retool of 2007 Movie Blackout. The figure has also been used to make Blackout's Premium version, Lawson's Blackout exclusive, and Revenge of the Fallen Grindor, a figure you'll be seeing in the toy galleries shortly. Bludgeon is a repaint of 2007 Movie Wreckage, and should not be confused with the Voyager Bludgeon that will be released in the upcoming year. To check out each figure's gallery, click the links below;

Whirl;
New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon

Bludgeon;
New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon

If you're interested in this box set, then it's suggested that you head directly to your closest Toys'R'Us, as the demand for the repaints are very low. Confused by the numerous amount of Blackout repaints or figures that you don't recognize in the galleries, then join in on the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries and updates!

Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977513)
Posted by Firebird on August 19th, 2009 @ 3:20pm CDT
These are some pretty nice repaints.

I almost bought a set, But I learned about Voyager Bludgeon right before I was about to leave for the store.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977525)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 19th, 2009 @ 3:40pm CDT
I dunno.
I want Bludgeon, so I can call him Stryker, but I'm not sure about Whirl.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977534)
Posted by Seibertron on August 19th, 2009 @ 3:49pm CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:I dunno.
I want Bludgeon, so I can call him Stryker, but I'm not sure about Whirl.

As for Bludgeon ...

'Nuff said.

(This is a reference to Megatron killing Bludgeon in the G2 comics)
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977555)
Posted by Convotron on August 19th, 2009 @ 4:13pm CDT
Very nice! I think I'll skip Deluxe Bludgeon and go for the upcoming Voyager mold instead.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977563)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 19th, 2009 @ 4:17pm CDT
this set pegwarms the shelves in every tru near me. personally, i dont like these either.

.... and i think the best blackout repaints were evac and the lawson exclusive
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977573)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 19th, 2009 @ 4:31pm CDT
I think Bludgeon's purple blades are way better than Wreckage's red blades, and yea, this set is a shelfwarmer at TRU.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977577)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on August 19th, 2009 @ 4:34pm CDT
Looks too cool to be ROFT, THEY ALMOST LOOK LIKE CLASSICS!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977581)
Posted by Moft on August 19th, 2009 @ 4:43pm CDT

The only reason not to own this awesome figure is that you already own Wreckage. Wreckage was easily one of the best 2007 Movie figures, and I would highly recommend that you pick this up if you don't mind the horrible Blackout retool. If you missed out on Wreckage, and you've got the cash to spare, Bludgeon alone makes this worth a look.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977596)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 19th, 2009 @ 5:11pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:I dunno.
I want Bludgeon, so I can call him Stryker, but I'm not sure about Whirl.

As for Bludgeon ...

'Nuff said.

(This is a reference to Megatron killing Bludgeon in the G2 comics)

Bludgeon Wins! FATALITY

Sorry, just had to :P I may pick him up, depending on paint issues...
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977598)
Posted by Convotron on August 19th, 2009 @ 5:15pm CDT
Moft wrote:To all of you skipping this version of Bludgeon in favor of the voyager mold, you're crazy. The voyager Bludgeon is a completely different figure, and this is a repaint of 2007 Movie Wreckage, as stated in the article.

Then call me crazy because I prefer the Voyager mold of Bludgeon.

If this redeco of Wreckage used either a different shade of brown or different colour altogether, I may consider looking for it. Then again, it's in a two pack and I don't want Whirl, I prefer Grindor's colour scheme.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977617)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2009 @ 5:53pm CDT
It's funny how the pics of Bludgeon fighting Megatron, cutting off his head, and then holding his head; are followed by pics of the two of them standing side-by-side as though they were best friends. :lol:
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977631)
Posted by Mkall on August 19th, 2009 @ 6:25pm CDT
I got the set because I wanted to add Whirl to the Wreckers, turns out I like Bludgeon (I call him Ballistic) better.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977633)
Posted by Firebird on August 19th, 2009 @ 6:27pm CDT

I was only buying Bludgeon for the purpose of putting him in my Classics collection, The Voyager version just works better for that.

And I totally agree with you on the awesomeness of Wreckage. But why does everyone hate Blackout? I thought the Whirl repaint was pretty spiffy.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977689)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 19th, 2009 @ 8:07pm CDT
Firebird wrote:

I don't hate Blackout or the Whirl repaint, but the head sculpt of Whirl really prevents me from buying it.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977697)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 19th, 2009 @ 8:14pm CDT
i cant wait for voyager bludgeon.... he looks so damn cool
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977962)
Posted by Stockade on August 20th, 2009 @ 9:17am CDT
I really this gallery and really like these figures! too me they have good repaints and good G1 homeage to whirl, but bludgeon is kinda half way there to his homeage. But the BIGGEST problem with both of these figures is the paint appl on whirl and bludgeon face! their horrible!! i swear all the ones i've seen at the TRU's near me, I thought blind people painted them and hasbro's QC is really bad for both of these figures and i think hasbro rushed these figures out and didnt check any quality.

Anyway, enough ranting, but i want these still and whirl for the wreckers and bludgeon to add to my collection...\

Also, i have wreckage, but i think bludgeon looks alot better!
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (977998)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 20th, 2009 @ 10:25am CDT

Call me crazy, whatever.

That upcoming Voyager Bludgeon is outstanding.

Samurai sword in the tank barrel for the win.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (978011)
Posted by Convotron on August 20th, 2009 @ 10:41am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Samurai sword in the tank barrel for the win.

Exactly. It's a funny setup too if you consider the myth of the katana as the ultimate sword that can sheer through steel gun barrels and "cut" a bullet.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (978045)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on August 20th, 2009 @ 11:44am CDT
Gah, I'm dying for this set! It's jsut a little more than I should spend right now, and since it's so abundant at TRU I figure I'll keep an eye out and grab it on clearance.

I like the Movie Blackout mold a lot, I have the original and Evac, and I'll buy this one someday and ROTF Whirl when I see him. I have Wreckage but I want the green camo color.
Re: New Toy Galleries: Whirl and Bludgeon (978490)
Posted by Thinktank on August 20th, 2009 @ 11:22pm CDT
While I have this set and do enjoy it quite a bit. I really would
have preferred Whirl to be the Incinerator mold. Especially since
the newer comics have him as an Ospey styled aircraft on cybertron.
All they would have needed to do was change his color pallette and
paint his visor translucent red. The Wreckage recolor is aces.
Aces all around.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Grimlock Turbo Changer (2016) Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY