New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve

New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve

Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 4:17pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 30,652

Elusive. The word might be used to describe an NFL Running Back, or what happens to your socks after they go into the dryer. Nope, not this time around. When the word elusive applies to Transformers, we can only be talking about one thing these days; Universe Chevrolet Aveo Swerve. Now, this figure is not exactly new but to get it in your hands today; well let's just say you are either willing to pay a price, or you have a really, really nice Canadian friend. Whatever method he chose, our creator of Seibertron.com, Ryan Yzquierdo was able to obtain Swerve and has made another beautiful gallery.

Before you take a look at the pictures of the rare figure, perhaps you would like to be enlightened by it's history. The whole deal started off in 2007, right after Michael Bay's Transformers was released. In China, you either had to buy the Aveo Swerve, or test-drive the car in order to obtain this figure as a freebie. It's still rumoured that this isn't exactly true, however for those trying to get the figure on Ebay, they must have paid several hundreds at the time. Now the next place that Swerve popped up in was Europe in 2008, and it is not well-documented as to how this figure was to be obtained, however it's after-market on EBay was around $200-$300 US. Now as I mentioned before about Canada, in June/July 2009, Aveo Swerve was given out free in Toronto, Ontario, after you filled out a promotion. However the number of Aveo Swerves were very limited, and to get it on EBay now, you're still going to have to pay around $100 US to nab it.

Yet before you get to see the Aveo Swerve galleries, did you know that there was actually a Yellow Aveo Swerve that was released too? Have fun finding that!

Universe Chevrolet Aveo Swerve
New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries and updates!

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 6:45pm CDT

Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971836)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 11th, 2009 @ 4:22pm CDT
Unfortunately all the really, really nice Canadian friends seem to have run out of opportunities, because I wasn't able to get one of these either. XD

I am definitely looking forward to perusing this gallery later though. :D
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971842)
Posted by LiKwid on August 11th, 2009 @ 4:29pm CDT
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971843)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 11th, 2009 @ 4:31pm CDT
they have to do the promo in the U.S.... i mean chevy is an american company, and so is hasbro.... but i have a feeling that is they do bring it to the U.S., its gonna be wild
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971845)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on August 11th, 2009 @ 4:34pm CDT
I heard he was available in Mexico during 2007 with a test drive, but I'm not really sure, and it just a rumour but the commercial said they were giving Transformers of 20 cm.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971881)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 11th, 2009 @ 5:27pm CDT
He looks so cool. :-(
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971913)
Posted by Convotron on August 11th, 2009 @ 6:31pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this little guy's popularity stemmed from how hard he was to obtain.. I mean his bot looks cool and all but ..It's a Aveo...Not the greatest choice for a vehicle mode IMO.. but hey to each their own LOL :P..

Most definitely. Its rarity is a large part of its appeal. Its alt mode isn't exactly seek and sexy. Its robot mode is similar. It's a trophy for one's collection where it can be pointed at and you can say that it's a really rare find.

I personally love the robot mode because I just love chunky Transformers. I also really like how the lower legs are designed for transformation, similar to Alternity Convoy.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971918)
Posted by Blurrz on August 11th, 2009 @ 6:38pm CDT
Convotron wrote:

Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971930)
Posted by Convotron on August 11th, 2009 @ 7:15pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:On the contrary, I think it's alt mode is sleek and sexy and, it's far from being 'chunky' by any means. For a promotional figure, it's freaking fantastic. The only flaw I think that he has is the fact that doesn't come with slightest of weapons, which I assume the reason is because it's distributed by GM.

You really don't think its robot mode is chunky?

I like that the figure doesn't include a gun. I look at the figure as something apart from "normal" Transformers so by having it include a weapon of some sort makes it seem weird to me. Also, unless there is a way to include a weapon that can be stored within the alt mode, I'd rather not have a gun. I just personally like Transformers that can incorporate all its accessories or store them in some way so I don't have stuff set aside when it's in alt mode.

I'd love to get an Aveo Swerve but the prices I see it selling at are killing me. If it was given die cast treatment like Alternity, I'd have no problem lying to myself, I mean justifying the price. I love the design of the robot mode but I just can't seem bring myself to buy it...yet.

I think this is a war I'll lose. I'll probably end up buying one.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971931)
Posted by Blurrz on August 11th, 2009 @ 7:17pm CDT
Don't worry you'll be joining me. I've got one in the mail coming, however, let's just say that I didn't pay out of my pocket :P
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971933)
Posted by Convotron on August 11th, 2009 @ 7:23pm CDT
Thanks a lot, Blurrz. Peer pressure. "He has one so now I have to have one too! All the cool kids have Aveo Swerve! And it's so beautiful...so...chunky.".

Back to hunting on eBay for me. :(
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971952)
Posted by Seibertron on August 11th, 2009 @ 8:40pm CDT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971962)
Posted by Valandar on August 11th, 2009 @ 9:21pm CDT
So can we get an overview of what points of articulation it has? For example, I can't quite tell, but I think he's got a dual elbow...
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971969)
Posted by dragons on August 11th, 2009 @ 9:36pm CDT
not to crazy about car mode car mode could have little more stuff addded to it to make it bot mode is nice i see amrmad/energon redalert when i see the face
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (971978)
Posted by Convotron on August 11th, 2009 @ 10:16pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:i bought mine for $79.95 shipped from canada. considering he was going for 200-300 at one point, i consider that a fair price for a "free" figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123

Wow, 200-300? I now feel much better, especially since I broke down and purchased a Swerve from eBay for a pretty good price. I do love the mold in robot mode so it's a purchase I don't regret.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (972036)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 12th, 2009 @ 12:24am CDT

Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (972050)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 12th, 2009 @ 12:53am CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Very nice gallery Ryan. I have this figure myself (thanks to a Torontonian friend who deserves pimping, check out her site at http://www.insecticons.com) and was pondering suggesting you do a gallery of it if you could, but then forgot to and you got to it anyways.

I put it in the suggestion thread, but I suppose, with a figure like this and the release that it got, that it's a bit of a no-briner.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (972057)
Posted by alldarker on August 12th, 2009 @ 1:41am CDT

It took quite a while before they arrived too. I made a call to Chevy because I was a bit worried about them arriving or not, and the guy responsible for filling the orders told me he was 'surprised' and slightly overwhelmed with the amounts of orders he had received on that one day. He was more used to one - two orders for merchandizing a week!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (972073)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 12th, 2009 @ 3:12am CDT
alldarker wrote:I got mine through the 'not well documented' European deal on March 25th of 2008. It was actually quite simply through the online European Chevrolet site, where it was an addition to the merchandize site, for the princely sum of €12,80 each (~$20.00). I believe that there were no limits as to how many you could order (I ordered and received two) but I have also heard claims that people who ordered three or even more through the Chevy site received less than they'd ordered or even none at all. Fact is that about 4-6 hours after news got out of this deal, they were all sold out on the site.

i really hope they do this for the U.S.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (972074)
Posted by Ravage XK on August 12th, 2009 @ 3:14am CDT
Yeah, I ordered mine from the Euro Chevy site and it took ages for the order to come. I emailed asking where they were and was told about the poor guy being swamped!

Bet he was glad when they sold out!

I keep checking the site from time to time to see if they have any more but sadly no.

It is an excellent little figure. Sometimes it reminds me of Robocop.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Aveo Swerve (972151)
Posted by Seibertron on August 12th, 2009 @ 9:35am CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:I have a question though: Why do you have it posed with Universe Optimus Primal? I kinda figured it was part of the "Classics" Universe line (along with the Movie-verse associations of time, size and liscenced-ness).

I've always considered the figure to be part of the first movie's toy line, but the instructions included with the figure clearly have the Transformers Universe logo from earlier in this decade, which was Hasbro's line for any figure that didn't match the requirements for the mainstream line. The Wiki sites also list the figure as part of Transformers Universe (not "Classics" Universe, confusing I know), so that's why I did a picture of him with Optimus Primal as well as TF1 Optimus Prime. I do not consider him to be part of the Classics line though because he doesn't fit the bill, so to speak.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars MOTORMASTER Bio Card" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers TITANS RETURN G1 IDW Windcharger Gnaw Action Figure No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Lot Onslaught Moonracer Rook Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Sunstreaker (Optimus Maximus) MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers Generations Series Megatron & Optimus Prime" on EBAY