New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime

New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime

Saturday, March 12th, 2011 2:29am CST

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 65,970

The vast toy galleries of Seibertron.com's latest addition is the limited edition Dark Of The Moon Preview Pack. And in it, are 3-D glasses and Transformers. Nope, not some popcorn pack combo, or a magazine featurette, we've got anachrome 3-D glasses packed with the face of the Transformers franchise, and the first ever Dark Of The Moon toy to be released, Cyberverse Commander Optimus Prime! The Cyberverse Commander class size is on par with Scout Class figures. 197 images await you below by clicking the links below, with comparisons to the multitude of various Movie Optimus Prime figures over the past few years. Enjoy!

Preview Pack Optimus Prime

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net and more high-res galleries!

Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193906)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:44am CST
That new chestplate just bugs the daylights out of me. I miss the design from the first two movies. Bumblebee's is worse, I think.

Other than that, however, I think the figure's pretty nice. An awful lot of detail and gimmickry for a figure that size.

I just don't know if I can justify the cost, since I'm not a big fan of Legends or Scout Class.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193908)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:49am CST
not gonna lie, this looks better than the Voyager Prime we've seen
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193914)
Posted by Red 50 on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:20am CST
Wow, it looks good.

Seems pretty articulated for such a small figurine. And quite posable.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193927)
Posted by nemesis-prime on March 12th, 2011 @ 5:42am CST
whats funny when i asked last week at tru about this figure , the guy had no idea. today i go there and they have a whole shelf ;)

also whats up with the abs on some of the figures :-? ..they sould do a infomercial TF ab cruncher
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193930)
Posted by Mechastrike on March 12th, 2011 @ 6:03am CST
this is a small figure, right? as a small toy it looks ok. plus the 3d glasses kinda counts as a bonus.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193944)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 12th, 2011 @ 7:17am CST
This looks just like the Upgraded Optimus in the last episode of Animated! Only in movie form! I hope he looks like this in the movie, I really do.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193946)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 12th, 2011 @ 7:22am CST
Saw this last night. When a basic sized figure still looks like a Legends figure, some one is doing it wrong.
:BOT:
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193953)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 7:58am CST
My dilemma: I love scout sized figures. Especially some of the offerings from the end of the last movie like Breacher and Mindwipes little minions. But a scout class Prime just does not sit well with me. Really, not a bad looking figure....decisions decisions....
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193957)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 12th, 2011 @ 8:09am CST
best looking prime in this line so far. the whole look comes together nicely.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1193985)
Posted by Rated X on March 12th, 2011 @ 9:33am CST
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194038)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 11:26am CST
Rated X wrote:If you view him through the free 3D glasses he will appear to be deluxe size. :P

HAH, now that's funny!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194048)
Posted by Road-hole on March 12th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CST
I'm loving the cyberverse line. I can't wait for Blackout who looks better than his voyager mold. It's funny how this puny figure handles his arm kibble waaay better than Ultimate Optimus Prime (I don't think they even bothered trying from the looks of it).
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194112)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:35pm CST
I hope the rest of the line has the same high quality. Go out and get this guy! :BOT:
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194113)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 3:37pm CST
OptiMagnus10 wrote:I already have him and I must say I am highly impressed. This commander class and legion class concept is much better in my opinion than doing all the movie cast in tiny legends and doing a bunch of junk non-movie-related scouts. This figure is very sturdy too, and has a lot of detail for his size. He takes some design cues from the ROTF leader and voyager Battle Blades molds too. Not bad paint apps, either.

Where did you find this little guy? Please don't say Target...
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194119)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:04pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:

Where did you find this little guy? Please don't say Target...

Not at all! Toys R Us had about four of them. I was quite surprised to see him and a few RtS Bumblebees and a G2 Prime amidst all the ROTF, Animated, and Universe stuff.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194121)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:05pm CST
Meh, it looks alright, but I'd rather go big (that's what she said) and get the bigger Prime (that's also what she said). ;) :lol:
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194138)
Posted by Seibertron on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CST
This toy photographed very well. Notice how in most of the pictures I was able to get an almost all-white background.

I actually really like this guy. I like the ROTF Leader Class version much better, but for a toy under $10, this is pretty cool in my book. Looking forward to fleshing out the Cyberverse army to go with my already massive army of Transformers Legends Class figures.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194195)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 7:44pm CST
OptiMagnus10 wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:

Where did you find this little guy? Please don't say Target...

Sweet, thanks man, I'm gonna hit 'em tomorrow! Dude, it might just be my local TRU, but you can just about purchase every ROTF figure that was released. And they rarely have a promotional discount. I did stock up on alot of animated deluxes awhile back for $5.48 apiece, that was sweet.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194216)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 12th, 2011 @ 8:59pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:
OptiMagnus10 wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:

Where did you find this little guy? Please don't say Target...

My TRU is extremely slow, and these seemed to be stocked everyhwhere at the same time, just like the full movie lines usually have a set universal release date (except this one was kept a secret). That all considered, I would assume your local store has a few. And if your store has just about every ROTF figure ever released, I would want to check that out myself. I skipped quite a lot of those and all my stores have are Bludgeon and Battle Charged Bumblebee.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Limited Edition Preview Pack Optimus Prime (1194233)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 12th, 2011 @ 9:40pm CST
OptiMagnus10 wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
OptiMagnus10 wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:

Where did you find this little guy? Please don't say Target...

Dude, they have pegs and pegs of HFTD and ROTF. If your interested, let me know what you're looking for and I'll check when I go tomorrow. I'm always willing to help people in their quest. If it wasn't for a friend in GA, I wouldn't have my Kup and Scourge.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY