New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime

New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime

Monday, April 25th, 2011 10:58pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 41,228

The most anticipated new Autobot in Transformers: Dark Of The Moon has made his way into the world famous Seibertron Galleries. Sentinel Prime is a leader class figure who is on the want list of almost every movie fan. His alt mode is that of a Rosenbauer Panther Airport crash tender fire truck. There are 184 new images of this fantastic figure for you to enjoy. Click on any picture to get started.

This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 3:30pm CDT

Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214058)
Posted by Megazarak on April 25th, 2011 @ 11:03pm CDT
Great gallery. Sentinel is looking like a really cool figure.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214065)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 25th, 2011 @ 11:22pm CDT
Nice looking gallery Ryan. Still on the top of my DOTM want list.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214066)
Posted by Pyroprime on April 25th, 2011 @ 11:23pm CDT
I cant wait until the figures,game,and most importantly the movie he looks very great figure to have. :grin:
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214069)
Posted by Valandar on April 25th, 2011 @ 11:33pm CDT
Interesting... looks to be in scale (based on crew compartment size) with Voyager Inferno. And he's more "Gundam" style than Movie, so he could POSSIBLY slip into the Classics shelf...
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214073)
Posted by MGrotusque on April 25th, 2011 @ 11:46pm CDT
Great gallery. It's warmed me up to the idea of maybe buying Sentinel. What this gallery did for this figure that sold me on him was showing off how posable he is and his size. Rid Prime is a pretty sizable figure and SP is equal in scale.

Might just have to pick him up now.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214086)
Posted by HoosierDaddy on April 26th, 2011 @ 12:28am CDT
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214111)
Posted by Angelus Prime on April 26th, 2011 @ 3:22am CDT
So far I will be getting 2 figures from the movie for sure, Sentinel Prime and Shockwave, still not convinced by the others yet.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214141)
Posted by GEEWUN on April 26th, 2011 @ 6:49am CDT
We'll probably see a kitbash into Alpha Trion by someone
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214183)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on April 26th, 2011 @ 9:15am CDT
I'd already made up my mind to buy this guy, but this gallery just cements my opionion that this is one spectacular figure. Great job on the pics! :APPLAUSE:

I love that RID Super Prime and Univ Inferno are more or less in scale. :-B
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214222)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2011 @ 12:38pm CDT
The Sentinel Prime toy, in my opinino, is an incredible design achievement. It is amazing how this toy folds up into itself to transform from a fairly boxy firetruck into a rather dynamic looking robot mode that has very little noticeable firetruck parts from his front view. The remaining few panels are even arranged so that they resemble a "cape" of sorts. It is amazing how far Transformers toys have come over the past 27 years.

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Sentinel Prime's entire design from the "cape", shoulder panels, and facial design are all very reminiscent of Alpha Trion to me.

Just wish he had a ball joint for the neck. ;)
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214234)
Posted by paul053 on April 26th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CDT
Way to go Big Boss, nice pictures.

So he IS shorter than ROTF leader Prime. I thought he was taller.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214241)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2011 @ 1:33pm CDT
paul053 wrote:Way to go Big Boss, nice pictures.

So he IS shorter than ROTF leader Prime. I thought he was taller.

He's just a little bit shorter. Not sure which way is more accurate but they look great side-by-side.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214270)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 26th, 2011 @ 3:47pm CDT
I NEED IT NAO!!!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214283)
Posted by Blurrz on April 26th, 2011 @ 4:12pm CDT
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214313)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2011 @ 5:06pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:It's amazing to see how much changed has occurred in the past few years. I thought in 07 that Leader Prime was never going to be topped. Then ROTF came. And now there's this Sentinel. A-maz-ing.

I don't think it tops ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime, but it is a marvel in its own right. When you transform it for the first time and see the engineering first hand for yourself with how the figure folds up into itself, you'll be very impressed. But it has enough annoyances that you'll still keep ROTF Prime in his proper place on the scale of grandness.

DOTM Voyager Prime is a step backwards. One step forward with Sentinel Prime, two steps backward with Voyager Prime.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1214426)
Posted by OptiMagnus on April 26th, 2011 @ 11:35pm CDT
Just pure epic. I'm getting this guy on the first day these are out (that is, if there are any left).

And I swear our site owner is the luckiest Transfan in the world with all this stuff he gets.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1218834)
Posted by superchook6909 on May 8th, 2011 @ 10:58am CDT

But all in all, still a damn good toy/figure.

:APPLAUSE:
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1218836)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2011 @ 11:00am CDT
superchook6909 wrote:Yes, he does look awesome, although, one thing bugs me. The fact that you can see his head through the front windscreen spoils the illusion of him being a vehicle. I would guess alot of previewers would make this comment as well.

But all in all, still a damn good toy/figure.

:APPLAUSE:

That's probably the biggest thing that I don't like about this figure. They could have tinted the windows to help out with the illusion but for some reason they didn't. Here's hoping for a running change with this at some point.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1218855)
Posted by Kibble on May 8th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
HoosierDaddy wrote:From the very first time I saw him on a video review up until now he is my number 1 MUST have TF from DOTM. I absolutely LOVE that Leader Sentinal Prime. Is anyone taking preorders for him yet? I didn't see it on HTS or BBTS.

Dude, don't bother ordering this fig. It'll be everywhere in about another week.

As for the fig itself, I admit it's impressive how they hide the truck kibble, but this ain't even close to being the second coming of ROTF Prime. The panels are very frustrating to get all in place. I love complex transforms, but this is much more pain in the ass than complex. It's like Death Star Vader lining up all the panels just right. So I find Sentinel Pink to be only a decent fig. Probably will be one of the best DOTM figs, but that's not saying much.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime (1219001)
Posted by JokerFC on May 8th, 2011 @ 7:08pm CDT
cant wait to get this guy........when I get my bonus and go TF/cap america shopping in late May this lad is the first one in the trolley!!!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY