New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee

Transformers News: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee

Monday, August 9th, 2010 3:08AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 70,376

If your insatiable desire is to have more Bumblebee, well you're going to get more Bumblebee. The newest incarnation of the kid-friendly mute, yellow robot has made it's way into the illustrious toy galleries of Seibertron.com. Comparable to the Leader Class size, Battle Ops Bumblebee is a larger figure featuring many gimmicks and electronics, as well as weaponry collectively from previous Movie Bumblebee figures. Has a large scale Movie Bumblebee finally been done right? Will collectors forget the horrors of Ultimate Bumblebee? Feel free to form your own opinion by checking out the gallery in the links and pictures below!

Battle Ops Bumblebee

If you're interested in Battle Ops Bumblebee, you're likely to find the figure in your local retail chains!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more galleries and the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1110810)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
ummm...help please. How come all the pics I see of this figure have a posable head, yet mine doesn't move? I've tried turning it and it honestly won't budge without force. I figured it was fixed 'cos of the electronics, but he is definetly posable here :-(
Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1110899)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 9th, 2010 @ 12:49pm CDT
Sorry, I dunno. Hopefully someone else can help.

This figure looks leagues better than 'Ultimate' BB, but I can't fathom why any collector would want a giant Bumblebee, unless scale doesn't matter. Must be awesome for the kids though.
Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1110915)
Posted by DraconicDak on August 9th, 2010 @ 1:30pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Sorry, I dunno. Hopefully someone else can help.

I have a line of each mold of movie BB, and BOBB would make a nice endcap to that.

However, not at $60. I'll wait for the inevitable and likely very quick drop to $20 before I'll even consider buying him.
Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1111067)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on August 9th, 2010 @ 8:18pm CDT
The only thing I don't like about him is his ridiculous size and that clear blue hand.

Otherwise, he's probably the perfect BB, with the best-looking head-sculpt and face plate among all his incarnations, great movie-accuracy in both modes, and unobtrusive gimmicks.

That said, he's not going to be on my to-buy list unless he's on discount, what with Generations offering so many awesome figs. I think my cash would be better spent on WFC Megs and Soundwave, Red Alert and Jazz.
Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1111078)
Posted by 009* on August 9th, 2010 @ 8:46pm CDT
I just got this guy and I think it's a huge step up from Ultimate Bumblebee. Though my main problem is that, like the Leader Class, Hasbro insists on adding an electronic gimmick to the arm cannon. It's bad enough you have to fiddle with the arm to make it point down, but it limits posability. I'm also disappointed that the axe from BB 'Bee wasn't included as well. Hopefully the version for the third movie will rectify these flaws in an otherwise great figure.
Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1111280)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 10th, 2010 @ 8:39am CDT
Very nice gallery, but I still think it looks like Jolt took a bunch of various movie Bubmlebees and combined them into one giant one.
Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1111346)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 10th, 2010 @ 11:06am CDT
Also his eyes are CREEPY. :lol:
Re: New Toy Gallery: HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee (1115892)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on August 21st, 2010 @ 12:49pm CDT
I just got him yesterday and I can honestly say that I like him. I feel satisfied with the purchase, as opposed to when I bought UB ( even at half off it was a disappointing train-wreck of a figure, like Supreme Cheetor! ).

I'm glad to see that they corrected the loose knee joint issue we saw in the video review earlier. The knees are extremely tight. The proportions and accuracy are well done, and the electronic gimmicks are cool, a feat that UB could not even accomplish with robotic movement added.

The only thing that would have made this figure perfect in my opinion is if they hadn't made the left arm monkey-style with the palm aligned with the forearm. If it had to be that way, they might at least have added enough articulation to the hand to allow him to make a fist. As it is, the poseability options of the arm are limited to "karate-chop" and "Hey buddy, can ya spare some energon?" Of course, the HA version suffered from this too.

Apart from that one gripe, an overall great figure with a lot of nice features.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #217 - Toy Fair 2019
"Toy Fair 2019"
Posted: Monday, February 18th, 2019

Buy "transformers bumblebee car 5 inch camaro and rpm racer lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Necro Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Return TRYPTICON w/ NECRO & FULL-TILT NIB" on EBAY
Buy "transformers titans return lot 6 Wolfwire Mindwipe Triggerhappy Highbrow Chrome" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Legends LG47 Kickback & Clouder Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Topspin & Freezeout Hasbro MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Leader class rare MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HARDHEAD 2016 Transformers Action Figure w/ FUROS TITANS RETURN Robot COMPLETE" on EBAY