New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime

New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 7:06pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 113,674

It was eight years ago when Takara Tomy ushered in a line that would change many things, a line that would be keeping EMS Japan Post busy for weeks, and a line in which its toys would fit the name, Masterpiece. It started off with the face of the Transformers franchise, Optimus Prime, and for many years it was the standard for Transformers collecting - a hint at the technology to come. Now once again our favorite leader of the Autobots has been remade, revolutionized, and reborn as the tenth Masterpiece toy.

While the figure, it's price and the selection of character has met its plethora of critics, there is no doubt that this toy will be 'that figure', and the standard for many years to come.

MP-10 Optimus Prime, and his accompanying human companion, Spike Witwicky, bring 489 photos to the toy galleries of Seibertron.com. Enjoy.

Optimus Prime (MP-10) (Masterpieces)
Transformers Masterpiece

Spike Witwicky (Figurine, Masterpieces)
Transformers Masterpiece

This article was last modified on Saturday, November 19th, 2011 6:25pm CST

Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314605)
Posted by Naked Magnus on November 19th, 2011 @ 8:25pm CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:How complex is his transformation? Is it around the same as MP01 or easier?

I would say it is about the same, maybe a tad more complex.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314610)
Posted by moneycon on November 19th, 2011 @ 8:40pm CST
I didn't want to want this.....but it looks perfect!!!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314632)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on November 19th, 2011 @ 10:53pm CST
I have Set an a lot of respect for them in the attempt of this:
not only is this directly for the nitpicky fans who wanted a Optimus thats in proper scale with their other MPs.
but also that they redesigned and restyled every part from the leg style to the ab-grill.

But looking this over I like every bit of the old mp better, except for the scale and alt mode of course,
the chest, ab-grill, legs, crotch, arms, pretty much everything.
To me i dont think it would be easy to beat MP-01
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314635)
Posted by moneycon on November 19th, 2011 @ 11:02pm CST
GreenLantern of Cybertron wrote:I have Set an a lot of respect for them in the attempt of this:

the chest, ab-grill, legs, crotch, arms, pretty much everything.
To me i dont think it would be easy to beat MP-01

I thought exactly the opposite. If you look at the pics, his build is more fluid, no strange out of place aspects like the arm joints in alt mode...more streamlined, tighter joints...all around a better figure.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314653)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on November 20th, 2011 @ 1:53am CST
When you look at MP10 next to rodimus it makes you wonder What was hasbro thinking killing optimus for that guy. I always liked him better as hotrod anyways.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314656)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 20th, 2011 @ 2:12am CST
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314668)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 20th, 2011 @ 4:24am CST
This is such an excellent figure. I'm very happy i picked him up.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314673)
Posted by Mykltron on November 20th, 2011 @ 4:43am CST
Naked Magnus wrote:

I would say it is about the same, maybe a tad more complex.

Yeah, it's about the same level, just different. Maybe a little more fiddly to get some tabs into the hips in cab mode but not substantially more difficult that MP-01.

GreenLantern of Cybertron wrote:To me i dont think it would be easy to beat MP-01

Except in terms of poseability. MP-01's ratchet points are too far apart and he's not very stable. The new version is miles ahead in subtlety of posing - you can change little nuances. He's really stable, unless you got the one with floppy ankles.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314678)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 20th, 2011 @ 4:54am CST
An amazing, masterpiece gallery befitting of a great Masterpiece figure. Thank you Ryan!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314688)
Posted by Autobot032 on November 20th, 2011 @ 5:43am CST
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314732)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on November 20th, 2011 @ 10:18am CST
on CUTE,WIN,FAIL!:
Tobuscus:"Time to watch the next three videos that will compete for epicosity!Let's watch!"
(Shows any video of MP-10)
Tobuscus:"Your votes don't count cuz that video is so epic it already won!"
(stone wording crushing other two videos): EPIC-AWESOMENESS!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314762)
Posted by Decepticharger on November 20th, 2011 @ 12:58pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:Ryan seems to have gotten the error version, just like mine. If you take a look at his pseudo rear lights/toes, both are facing left. It should be mirror images of each other.

I tried looking for this in the gallery, but didn't see what you're talking about. Would you mind referring a photo in the gallery where this is apparent?
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314763)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 20th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CST
Decepticharger wrote:

Here you go:

The separating lines face the same direction on both sides.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314782)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 20th, 2011 @ 2:18pm CST
This, my fellow Decepticons, just made me crap my pants. :shock: =P~
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314786)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on November 20th, 2011 @ 2:22pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:This, my fellow Decepticons, just made me crap my pants. :shock: =P~

As any decepticon(minus thunderwing and unicron) would in the face of "THE PRIME"...
oh and LOL at signature pic! :)
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314819)
Posted by ReinaHW on November 20th, 2011 @ 3:48pm CST
He looks amazing.

Is he worth getting? The price is shocking to say the least, but I am considering putting money back for him if he's worth the price.
Are there any flaws that should be noted like parts popping off too easily or weak plastic or generally anything that might cause damage to the figure?

Would very much like to hear all the good and bad points from those who have this Masterpiece since I'm very cautious about spending so much after the way MP Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime turned out if this Masterpiece is as flawed as that one was.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314825)
Posted by REMINATOR on November 20th, 2011 @ 4:19pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:O_o... I had no idea he was that much of a downsize from the original. That's a shocker...

That is also the main reason why I purchased MP10. Both version are awesome. I think MP10 is starting to grow on me. Originally, I didn't like that kanky feet. Now it doesn't bother me anymore.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314838)
Posted by moneycon on November 20th, 2011 @ 5:57pm CST
wow he IS small. I wouldn't want the trailer and I have faith leader...I think I'll stick with that....since he fits perfectly with the chug.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314867)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 20th, 2011 @ 7:11pm CST
Wow, interesting last picture there Reminator. I didn't realize iGear's version was so much smaller than MP-10.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy / Optimus Prime (1314918)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 20th, 2011 @ 10:30pm CST
Awesome gallery! :D I have him and love him... but I simply prefer the first MP Prime.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Nightbeat, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BRAINSTORM & TESLOR Figure SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class FIREDRIVE & HOT ROD Complete" on EBAY