New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus

New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus

Monday, September 13th, 2010 7:42pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 58,954

Whatever you can do, we can do better. The following phrase has been unanimous among the majority of fans concerning Takara toys compared to Hasbro toys, such as Micron Legend over Armada, or Henkei over Classics. Now that Takara's taken Animated under their wing, there's been mixed reviews. The latest figure made by Takara is Rodimus, and with that, his rank of Prime and energon bow have made it's way into the toy galleries of Seibertron.com. Hasbro's Rodimus Minor's red is not dark enough compared to the cartoon, Sons of Cybertron Rodimus' has clear red plastic, and Takara's version has missed the mark completely - colored in metallic magenta. Check out the shiny figure below!

Rodimus

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more world-class galleries and the fastest Transformers news on the net!

This article was last modified on Monday, September 13th, 2010 7:50pm CDT

Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus (1124484)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 13th, 2010 @ 8:13pm CDT
That is a very ugly shade of...crap.

I'll pay extra for the Hasbro version.

I don't mind the chrome, I thought I would, but it's the color that kills it for me.

*sighs* $30.00 for a $15.00 figure? Here I come.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus (1124487)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 13th, 2010 @ 8:34pm CDT
Yep, I'm glas I was able to get my hands on the Hasbro version. And so soon, compared to the horrendous delay experienced with Arcee.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus (1124498)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on September 13th, 2010 @ 9:31pm CDT
i really thinks it looks better than hasbro's
but its my personal opinion
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus (1124503)
Posted by Overcracker on September 13th, 2010 @ 10:14pm CDT

I like it more than the matte Hasbro version. Though I would have like to have payed less for him.

But since I don't have a Toys R' Us near me, this was my only option.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus (1124692)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 14th, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
Overcracker wrote:I don't know why everybody complains about the color. Yes its not red. Its more like Purply Magenta, but its actually very nice in person.

But since I don't have a Toys R' Us near me, this was my only option.

The Hasbro one is pretty glossy, just not metallic. I actually wish it was matte, then it would match most of the others.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus (1124780)
Posted by jack270606 on September 14th, 2010 @ 3:44pm CDT
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus (1124862)
Posted by Blurrz on September 14th, 2010 @ 8:32pm CDT
jack270606 wrote:I agree, he should have been more red.. Hot Rod, Rodimus prime/Minor whatever you wanna call him is red.. but search google for images of animated rodimus and you'll see, the Takara colour is spot on. i'm glad i ordered mine, more gutted about wingblade optimus being transparent..

But Rodimus didn't shine like a fairy Prime in the cartoon..

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021