New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster

New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster

Friday, November 12th, 2010 11:00am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 53,243

The demand for "classics" versions of the original Generation 1 characters is huge since the launch of the Transformers 2006 "Classics" line. Universe 2008 Blaster was originally designed to fill the spot, but fans where disappointed since it was just a straight repaint of Cybertron Soundwave, but thanks to Takara Tomy we now have another option!

And this option goes by the name of Device Label Blaster, who turns into a USB hub that looks like a laptop instead of a boombox. But he still manages to look like Blaster in robot-mode, combined with the fact that he has modern articulation and detailing on top of being able to hold G1 cassettes in his cheast makes him possibly the best Classics Blaster stand-in we will be getting for a long while.

Blaster is an actual functioning USB hub and can hold up to four USB devices! Sadly it is very unlikely that this will ever be sold outside of Japan, but that doesn't mean you can't drool at pictures of him! Just click the following image and enjoy his seibertron.com gallery:

Device Label Blaster

Click here for the rest of the Device Label galleries and here for the full Seibertron.com galleries!

This article was last modified on Friday, November 12th, 2010 11:20am CST

Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145635)
Posted by GEEWUN on November 12th, 2010 @ 11:07am CST
Looks nice, good to know he holds his cassetes
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145640)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 12th, 2010 @ 11:22am CST
I wish they would sell this Blaster and Soundwave gutted of their electronics for a cheaper price. I really don't care about about the functionality, but I would like G1 classic versions of these two.

At least I have WFC Soundwave to fill the gap.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145644)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 12th, 2010 @ 11:43am CST
As a novelty USB hub it's nice but as a Transformers figure it's still pretty poor. If you're gonna have kibble it should add something to the figures form and make it look perhaps imposing or impressively dynamic, not take away like these panels do. Still waiting for an actually good figure of Blaster with modern articulation. I hope Hasbro do one soon (and I don't want a repaint/remold of ugly WFC Soundwave like they did with Cyb Soundwave).
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145648)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 12th, 2010 @ 12:03pm CST
It's true, those panels look pretty bad, but he still looks pretty decent overall. I have been debating getting him, but that would mean tracking down his cassettes too. I just don't know.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145652)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 12th, 2010 @ 12:31pm CST
I dunno, I rather like the panels. And the overall look of the figure.

This reminds me, though, were the other Device Label figures ever released here? It was reported that they would be released, but I've never seen them.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145660)
Posted by Andrius on November 12th, 2010 @ 1:00pm CST
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145695)
Posted by horus on November 12th, 2010 @ 3:14pm CST
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145698)
Posted by Seibertron on November 12th, 2010 @ 3:23pm CST
horus wrote:where can i get that rifle for mine? looks like a perfect smaller version of his g1.. :D

That's actually the original Blaster rifle. I have a few of them sitting around from the two reissues and my original.

Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145699)
Posted by Seibertron on November 12th, 2010 @ 3:27pm CST
Andrius wrote:What's the deal with that Decepticon Symbol USB drive? Never saw it before... details?

That's all swag that Hasbro handed out to the attendees of their Hasbro Collector's Day Event for Toy Fair over the past few years. I thought this gallery was the perfect chance to show you those USB drives I've gotten. The event is an invite-only event for people who run fansites or toy sites like Seibertron.com.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145799)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 12th, 2010 @ 8:29pm CST
That's cool!

Man. Really starting to want DL Blaster.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145813)
Posted by Oilspill on November 12th, 2010 @ 8:52pm CST
He's already in the mail to me! Looking forward to a decent Classics Blaster. Just need Grandslam & Raindance to be reissued now.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145852)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on November 12th, 2010 @ 10:06pm CST
Bizarre as it may sound I am tempted to buy him for my Classics/Generations collection and just keep him in robot mode and remove some of the unnecessary kibble on his arms and back.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1145926)
Posted by horus on November 13th, 2010 @ 2:12am CST
Seibertron wrote:

my bad. it looked smaller in one of the pics, guess it's a business opportunity tp those who make weapon kits :D
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1146042)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 13th, 2010 @ 10:53am CST
Seibertron wrote:

That pic there just shows much better the original Blaster figure looks despite it's huge brickiness and slightly tiny head. I'm sure I saw someone customize it to have a lot more articulation. The Device Label one just looks terrible next to it.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1146085)
Posted by Mkall on November 13th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CST
horus wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

It's already being worked on ;)
Expect preorder info for just the weapon within the next couple of weeks.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1146118)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 13th, 2010 @ 3:56pm CST
I didn't mind the Blaster redeco too much. I just thought of him as pre-Earth Blaster. ;) But DL blaster is now in my neo-G1 collection. He looks great!
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1146126)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 13th, 2010 @ 4:31pm CST
If anybody is interested, Hobby Link Japan has DL Blaster on sale for 3,575 yen or about $43. Plus, if you order before Nov. 24 you get half off EMS shipping.

Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1146141)
Posted by Mkall on November 13th, 2010 @ 5:13pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

That's funny, I was thinking the opposite. DL Blaster looks awesome, G1 Blaster looks lame.

Each their own I guess
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1146180)
Posted by Illmatic on November 13th, 2010 @ 7:49pm CST
I have to admit that this version of Blaster is a step in the right direction towards a g1 Classics/Generations Blaster. But, that kibble ruins it! They should've just made him transform into an MP3 boombox (G1 alt form) to rival the music label Soundwave (Which, I own). That would've probably gotten rid of the awkward kibble, and could've been an absolute buy IMO.
Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Tomy's Device Label Blaster (1146260)
Posted by horus on November 14th, 2010 @ 3:03am CST
I think The main idea here is that you dont have to be a tape recorder to have cassette storage in the chest. He could be anything, even a truck, a plane or a Mp3 player. He can have his g1 chest compartment!
Back on cybertron he was not a cassette player and he had it... Just call The cassettes data modules and it all fits :)

Same can go for a classics soundwave.

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Crosshairs New MIB NIB MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators 2004 Dead End - Dodge Viper SRT-10 (Complete)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION BUMBLEBEE, Flip & Change 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Gdo Dead End" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "transformers age of extinction crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "Target Optimus Prime Transforming Gift Card Transformers Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Armada Unicron with Dead End Mini Con Exclusive Figure 2003" on EBAY