New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop

New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop

Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 6:08pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 25,026

The Fury of Fearswoop has arrived in the galleries of Seibertron.com. Now you might ask yourself, what is there to fear from an orange Decepticon jet, with black stripes and one eye? Not only is this the mischievous reincarnation of Generation 2 Hooligan. but Fearswoop's out to play pranks on the Autobot forces! Legends Mudflap and Legends Sideswipe are in for one of their oddest battles of a stellar cycle. Take a look at each figure's gallery in the links below.

Deluxe Fearswoop:
New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop

Legends Mudflap:
New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop

Legends Sideswipe:
New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop

This box set is a Wal-Mart Exclusive, and if you aren't around one, you can order it online at their website. Fearswoop is a repaint of 2007 Movie Dreadwing, and Mudflap and Sideswipe have battle damage, making them slightly different than their original Legend releases.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more galleries, updates, and the fastest news on the net!

New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop

This article was last modified on Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 9:14pm CDT

Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009487)
Posted by Zeds on October 14th, 2009 @ 6:26pm CDT
Fearswoop represents everything wrong with bad naming, colour and mould.
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009503)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 14th, 2009 @ 7:06pm CDT

Interesting repaint, but could have chosen a better mold, and of course, it's overpriced for a deluxe repainted, and two straight up legend repacks with no repainting on them at all.
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009520)
Posted by Delicon on October 14th, 2009 @ 7:38pm CDT
I saw a lot of the pics of this beforehand (even posted some) and thought it might have some promise, despite the fact that fearswoop is a lenshead.

Then I saw it at WalMart and just thought it was an extreme pile of suck.
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009525)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 14th, 2009 @ 8:08pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I will only get this if it is on sale. I think there will be a very good chance it will get to clearance level.

The legends are actually modified, with claw marks/scratches/battle damage.

It's kinda subtle, but it's there.
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009528)
Posted by Delicon on October 14th, 2009 @ 8:20pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

The legends are actually modified, with claw marks/scratches/battle damage.

It's kinda subtle, but it's there.

You bought a set then or not? If so, does it look any better out of package?
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009530)
Posted by Grahf on October 14th, 2009 @ 8:26pm CDT
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009531)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 14th, 2009 @ 8:29pm CDT
Delicon wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

The legends are actually modified, with claw marks/scratches/battle damage.

It's kinda subtle, but it's there.

You bought a set then or not? If so, does it look any better out of package?

I have one, but I haven't opened it. I'm not super happy with the trans yellow bits. They should have done something with nice contrast to the orange, like a turquoise or something. I know the original toy had a yellow canopy, but I just think it looks washed out. The legends do look nifty with the battle damage, and it conveys a sense of scale that hadn't expected.

But this one's probably staying MISB.
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009534)
Posted by Ungie on October 14th, 2009 @ 8:53pm CDT
I just want you to know that Mudflap and Sideswipe both have battle damage scratches on them, making them changed from original release. This eases the pain of the fearswoop thing...
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009536)
Posted by Galvatron X on October 14th, 2009 @ 9:02pm CDT
I dunno, this set looks pretty weak. I really don't get into Legends class anyway, but even the deluxe doesn't do anything for me. The alt mode is OK, but the robot mode is kinda lame, IMO.

I've been trying to get all the ROTF items, but I most likely won't get this.
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009541)
Posted by Delicon on October 14th, 2009 @ 9:26pm CDT
Grahf wrote:Why couldn't they have just used the Classics Seeker mold? If this gets marked down, as my local Wal Mart has had a full endcap of these without one being sold yet, I may break down and get this.

You could mark it down to a nickel and include a slice of freshly baked cherry pie and I'd still pass.
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1009633)
Posted by Stockade on October 15th, 2009 @ 6:48am CDT
My wife surprised me with this set and once i opened and i felt she paid WAAAAYYYY too much for it!! I wanted because i didnt have Hooligan, but the mold killed it for me, so i took it back, plus i already had some extra cash and bought Back Road Brawl. I may get this set again once its on clearence for $5.00 or $10.00....
Re: New Toy Gallery: The Fury of Fearswoop (1010711)
Posted by metaphorge on October 18th, 2009 @ 9:05am CDT
Fearswoop is one fugly repaint. They should have added something to his bio about how he kills his enemies through pure revulsion at his gaudiness.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY