New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker

New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker

Friday, April 18th, 2008 11:30am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Company News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 25,746

Japanese site Toyhobby.jp has a listing for a soon to be coming Exclusive Henkei seeker. So the question on everyone's minds is, who is it? Thundercracker, Skywarp, or someone? The only thing shown is a picture that is the blacked out Henklei Starscream mold. If Stormrider, or any of the other members of our community can read the Japanese written there, perhaps there will be more of a clue to who it will be.

Here is the link to Toyhobby's site, and the image and text.

Seeing that it is an exclusive, it will still be hard to come by, but this gives hope to the growing contingent of supporters for Japanese Henkei releases of other seekers!

Credit(s): www.toyhobby.jp/main

Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683276)
Posted by Glitcher on April 18th, 2008 @ 11:36am CDT
Who's to say it's Skywarp? It might be Thundercracker, Sunstorm or even Ghost of Starscream. Only time will tell...
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683278)
Posted by Overcracker on April 18th, 2008 @ 11:40am CDT
My money is on Sunstorm.

But a Ghost Starscream (transluscent plastic and all) is still a possibility. Takara loves translucent plastic.

Of course they could always make it 2 for the price of one, and have a translucent yellow/orange Sunstorm.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683280)
Posted by Archanubis on April 18th, 2008 @ 11:44am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:So the Japanese are finally getting Skywarp.

That's nice.

I think this is the most likely release, but I wouldn't discount Thundercracker either.

I'd love to see a "Classics" themed Thundercracker released, and Tomy/Takara seems to be the only chance most fans have for one that's not a Botcon exclusive.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683295)
Posted by Seibertron on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:03pm CDT
While I've been arguing that the BotCon exclusive seekers won't be released for Henkei at retail in Japan, I wouldn't be at all surprised if those figures are released as limited exclusives in Japan such as Wonderfest and such (with runs of 500 to 1,000 to keep the inline with those figures being exclusives). For those of you who don't know, generally Wonderfest exclusives fetch a pretty penny. The G1 colored Movie Arcee goes for around $150 (give or take $25). I would be 100% OK with those figures being released as exclusives in Japan.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683305)
Posted by rhinox555 on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:21pm CDT
It´s impossible for them to release botcon exclusive toys like that.
Maybe it´s sunstorm,i hope it´s sunstorm.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683312)
Posted by Nekoman on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:26pm CDT
Hasbro said at Toyfair there would be 1.0 repaints for 2.0. Its possible that this is the Japanese release of a seeker repaint planned for 2.0 and Hasbro just hasn’t said anything about it. Most likely it would be either Skywarp or Sunstorm.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683317)
Posted by Glitcher on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:32pm CDT
rhinox555 wrote:It´s impossible for them to release botcon exclusive toys like that.

Oh God, here we go again. Take it to the Henkei Seekers thread, plz. ¬_¬
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683321)
Posted by TFBuyer on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:35pm CDT
Glitcher wrote:

Oh God, here we go again. Take it to the Henkei Seekers thread, plz. ¬_¬

No doubt--there's already 17 pages of that train wreck...

I'm betting Skywarp on this one, but I would drop a doody in my pants from sheer happiness if it's Sunstorm...

:PRAY:(for Sunstorm, not the doody)
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683346)
Posted by Zeds on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:52pm CDT
Whatever it turns out to be I am already jealous!
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683351)
Posted by GetterDragun on April 18th, 2008 @ 12:55pm CDT
I say Skywarp or Ramjet. I also suspect it could be a Crystal or Black Starcream. The smartest choice would be Sunstorm.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683359)
Posted by ThunderThruster on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:01pm CDT
personally i'm hoping and praying that it'll be Thundercracker, realistically my moneys on it being sunstorm, which i'll happily buy!
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683364)
Posted by Starscream on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:08pm CDT
The boring answer is Skywarp

The awesome answer is Sunstorm

The best answer is Ghost Starscream

and the most dangerous answer is Thundercracker
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683377)
Posted by Archanubis on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:25pm CDT

Is Sunstorm even considered a real character in Japan?
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683381)
Posted by ThunderThruster on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:27pm CDT
Thunderscream wrote:I'm gonna go on record and say that I hope that it's not Sunstorm. I personally don't see the attraction of a banana-colored F-15.

Is Sunstorm even considered a real character in Japan?

ya' know i dont think he is, but dont quote me on that!
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683387)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:32pm CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:

Is Sunstorm even considered a real character in Japan?

ya' know i dont think he is, but dont quote me on that!

The first exclusive version we received him was an E-Hobby exclusive, which was quite popular.

And I didn't know bananas were orange? :P Just kidding, I know some Sunstorms have been yellow with orange, but I most sharply picture the orange E Hobby version, and the orange Walmart exclusive (Armada Thrust repaint)... but I know there are yellow versions too.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683393)
Posted by Tekka on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:34pm CDT
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683396)
Posted by ThunderThruster on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:35pm CDT
Tekka wrote:I hope it's another Skywarp, I really want a version with proper detailing and a nicer shade of purple.

well considering you have a slywarp addiction, that doesnt surprise me!
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683398)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:37pm CDT
I'd love to get Thrust but that's a long shot, we'll probably get either Thundercracker, Sunstorm, Skywarp, or even Starscream's Ghost, which are all good choices in my opinion.
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683399)
Posted by Tekka on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:38pm CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:

well considering you have a slywarp addiction, that doesnt surprise me!
It's not addiction! It's dedication!
Re: New 'Toy Hobby' Exclusive Seeker (683401)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 18th, 2008 @ 1:39pm CDT
I hate Sunstorm, so I hope he won't be getting a new toy.
I think it's aether ghost or black starscream.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Blitzwing Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Skylynx Earthrise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TARGETMASTER HEADMASTER HOT ROD LG 45" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blurr #A54 No Weapons Included." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reissue Titan Return Hardhead Walmart Exclusive US Seller in Hand" on EBAY