New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures

New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures

Friday, January 16th, 2015 3:40pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 62,757

The rumour mill keeps on grinding, and we have another Toys'R'Us system sighting thanks to fellow fansite TFW2005's user Icespark. It appears that two listings have been found in the catalogues, showing a Hasbro release of Masterpiece Blustreak - something we reported on all the way back in June from BotCon - priced at $59.99, and, potentially more interesting for some, a 'Megatronus' figure, priced at $29.99, with no other detail as to what line, type or any other indication of toy this might be. Check out the listings for yourself below!

Transformers News: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures

Credit(s): Icespark on TFW2005

Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639912)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 16th, 2015 @ 4:01pm CST
Could Megatronus be the Leader Megatron, as a reference to Meg's previous incarnation as a gladiator? I always thought the new figure looked a bit like WWI Megs in bot mode. Alt mode wouldn't make a lot of sense as he looks like a very earth like tank...
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639918)
Posted by Blozor on January 16th, 2015 @ 4:10pm CST
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639921)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 16th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CST
Blozor wrote:I wonder if they're calling the (Energon? Armada?) Megatron "Megatronus" to avoid confusion from kids.

"Armada Megatron" is the official name for the retool. That said, the names on internal listings don't have to match that of the toy.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639929)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on January 16th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CST
So is that Megatronus a generations voyager???

Wasn't there some talk that in IDW that Galvatron could possibly be Megatronus???

I only ask, because I just feel a Galvatron figure would make sense since he is in charge of the Decepticons right now.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639936)
Posted by ScottyP on January 16th, 2015 @ 5:13pm CST
warzon3 wrote:So is that Megatronus a generations voyager???

I feel like it could be a Generations Voyager, just at TRU mark-up pricing, but seems weird to not just use "Galvatron" in that case. My guess - Galvatron combiner torso is happening (Just a feeling ;) ) and this "Megatronus" is the redeco of it.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639941)
Posted by shajaki on January 16th, 2015 @ 5:23pm CST
megatronus? where are ya buddy?

quick! take a selfie and post it! also, whats your alt mode?!
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639952)
Posted by Emerje on January 16th, 2015 @ 6:02pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
warzon3 wrote:So is that Megatronus a generations voyager???

10891885_774352252634971_640378507142863028_n.png

It's clearly Silverbolt's shape, but the arms (or in this form the legs) have Cyclonus' little forearm wings, but the head is very Galvatron looking. So if it's true don't expect a new Galvatron figure any time soon.

I think Megatronus will be a RID figure since the price doesn't really match any Generations scale.

Also don't get excited about Bluestreak's price, Prowl was also in computers at $59.99, but was at retail for $69.99.

Emerje
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639956)
Posted by shajaki on January 16th, 2015 @ 6:13pm CST
Emerje wrote:If you want to believe the rumors, Silverbolt is being remolded into Cyclonus and his combined form is Galvatron. Seems like a stretch, but the image Hasbro is using for the Fan Built Combiner Poll is adding more fuel to the rumor.
oh man. if thats true, that would be so awesome. i dont even care about the combined mode. silverbolt is such a good stand alone figure, that a cyclonus remold would (hopefully) be just as awesome.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639961)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on January 16th, 2015 @ 6:28pm CST
shajaki wrote:

This has my attention. Be willing to buy these toys if they look good and have Generation One deco's.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639985)
Posted by shockblast2 on January 16th, 2015 @ 7:03pm CST
I would rather buy the KO for $32 from the same Chinese factory. Even the critics are compelled to admit that the quality is higher on the KO's.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639986)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 16th, 2015 @ 7:05pm CST
Notice something peculiar about the Megatronus listing. It's priced at $29.99. There is no known pricepoint that is currently $29.99. The RID 3-step-changers are $19.99, the Generations Voyagers are $24.99, and the Generations Leaders are $44.99. Whatever it is, it isn't part of any known size class.

As to its identity, I do have one theory. The name "Megatronus" originated in Aligned media (novels, Prime cartoon, Covenant of Primus book, etc.) to refer to two things. One is the original name of The Fallen, and the other is the original "proper" name of Megatron (who originally only had a number, not a name: "D-16", he named himself after The Fallen's original name). Now, I'm not expecting a bunch of toys all based on the Thirteen even if Optimus might be training under each of them in the afterlife, but here's a theory that might seem more plausible. Remember how Megatron retired from being evil at the end of TF: Prime? Well, suppose he decided to also retire his "Megatron" name (as it had become associated with the evil of the Decepticons) and go back to using his old "Megatronus" name. Thus, this "Megatronus" toy could be a RID toy of a no longer evil Megatron, circa post-Prime.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639990)
Posted by shajaki on January 16th, 2015 @ 7:08pm CST
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639991)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 16th, 2015 @ 7:11pm CST
shajaki wrote:y'know what hoping? or say, dreaming? that hasbros bluestreak is actually a BLUEstreak.
If Hasbro's Prowl is anything to go by, I wouldn't expect Bluestreak or Sideswipe to be that much different from the Takara versions, possibly due to the car licensors having already accepted those decos when Takara released them.

Not to mention that Hasbro showed off Takara stock photos of the MPs when they announced their versions back at BotCon.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1639999)
Posted by shajaki on January 16th, 2015 @ 7:30pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

s'why i said dreaming. ;)
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1640007)
Posted by sol magnus on January 16th, 2015 @ 7:46pm CST
Well, I will definitely get Bluetreak just so that I can keep him in car mode for comparisons in reviews. I opted for MP-18S because I favored the old toy look over the show.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1640008)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 16th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CST
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1640011)
Posted by shajaki on January 16th, 2015 @ 8:21pm CST
Black Bumblebee wrote:If they actually see Bluestreak at $59.99, I will buy it, as I do want to support the Masterpiece line in the United States. If they jack it up to $79.99 though, like they did with Prowl, I will let it rot on the shelves.
is prowl 80 bucks? hes only 70 CAD up here right now...
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1640012)
Posted by sol magnus on January 16th, 2015 @ 8:23pm CST
shajaki wrote:
is prowl 80 bucks? hes only 70 CAD up here right now...

He was 69.99 last I saw, which was when I picked him up for a buddy.

EDIT: Actually, I put it on layaway and picked it up for a buddy. It was 69.99 when I put it on layaway, but it was 59.99 when I paid for it. They had reduced the price. This was first week December.
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1640050)
Posted by Emerje on January 16th, 2015 @ 9:55pm CST
sol magnus wrote:
shajaki wrote:
is prowl 80 bucks? hes only 70 CAD up here right now...

He was 69.99 last I saw, which was when I picked him up for a buddy.

They then cut the price in half for Christmas and then returned it to US$69.99.

Emerje
Re: New Toys'R'Us System Listings - Masterpiece Blustreak and 'Megatronus' Figures (1640090)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 17th, 2015 @ 2:06am CST

That's what I've been waiting for to buy Bluestreak. Regardless of what this one looks like I'll pick it up to complete my car trio. I hope they include the launchers since the animation model used them.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Pounce and Wingspan Incomplete Transformers G1 Hasbro 1987 Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise WFC-E13 SLITHERFANG Battle Masters NEW" on EBAY
Buy "2x Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Rung Slitherfang Battle Masters Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Rung & Slitherfang Battle Masters Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron" on EBAY
Buy "Super7 Hasbro The Transformers Autobots Bumblebee Reaction Action Figure" on EBAY