New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions!

Transformers News: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions!

Friday, September 26th, 2008 5:46AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 17,974

Thanks to our friends over at TF08 we have new pictures of the gorgeous Alternity Convoy figure both in the Nissan Silver version as well as first images of the Vibrant Red Version.

This beautiful figure will be available in Japan sometime in January.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}
Credit(s): TF08.net
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795682)
Posted by Mkall on September 26th, 2008 @ 6:06am CDT
Not too shabby looking. The seats that turn into weapons are a nice touch.

Shame I won't be buying any of these. I'm focusing on Universe and Classics at the moment.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795687)
Posted by Diem on September 26th, 2008 @ 6:36am CDT
Now these look nice. Just a pity it's yet another bloody Convoy.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795688)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 26th, 2008 @ 6:39am CDT
You know, I hate to say it but these are the first photos that make me like this less. I was on the fence before but now it's a no from me. The robot mode is OK-very movie like IMO (very Bumblebee)-but the alt mode, at least in these pictures, is a mess. The broken up lines of the GT-R remind me of movie Stockade or Universe/C2.0 Ironhide.

No matter how much diecast they put into him, this is a 20-25 dollar figure tops.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795690)
Posted by Sledge on September 26th, 2008 @ 6:51am CDT
Still wondering if Hasbro will do all plastic versions of these. Looks nice, but I've got no pressing need for diecast.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795692)
Posted by Chaoslock on September 26th, 2008 @ 6:58am CDT
Well, the alt. mode looks like the everyday alternator, but it's a good point for such a small figure; and the bot mode looks awesome (except head)

It's only weapons are those arm-guns... meh, where are the G1 times, when the figures had more weapons than hands? I cry for rocket launchers, guns and swords for every robot!

Diem wrote:Just a pity it's yet another bloody Convoy.

Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795696)
Posted by Sledge on September 26th, 2008 @ 7:04am CDT
Chaoslock wrote:True. Why can't they start with figure homages like Bludgeon, Shockwave, Overlord, or Fort. Max?

Because they want people to buy them.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795712)
Posted by Covenant on September 26th, 2008 @ 7:42am CDT

And while I'm usually one to not like/care for a Prime or Convoy outside of a hoss big rig or fire truck, this fella is win. I totally plan to acquire him.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795715)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 26th, 2008 @ 7:43am CDT
These toys are not for me.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795718)
Posted by robotrik on September 26th, 2008 @ 7:45am CDT
looks slick
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795729)
Posted by HighPrime on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:19am CDT
Until Jazz or a really kick-butt mold is introduced, I'll be passing on Alternity.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795740)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:28am CDT
Shame the car mode doesnt fit together well but maybe its just a painted proto.

I'd rather they had continued with the BT line.

Looks good in die cast, I'll take shiny and reflective paint over boring plastic any day.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795741)
Posted by Stormrider on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:29am CDT
Covenant wrote:I'd love to buy updates on Bludgeon, Shockwave, Overlord, as well as many others we've not seen for some time.

Someone looking for Shockwave?

Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795745)
Posted by Bumblebeast on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:32am CDT
I'd buy both! IMHO, Universe Sunstreaker should have been full die cast. What good is a toy if you can't kill someone with it?
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795746)
Posted by darkie13 on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:34am CDT
At last !!! A picture of the red Alternity Convoy and what a beauty !!!

I was skeptical of buying these because of the small scale and the Silver didn't do it for me but the red .... wow .... has to be one of the most good looking convoys of the past couple of years. That's how you celebrate a anniversary :grin:
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795747)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:35am CDT
I think the blue and red one is NICE! I'm giving them a try. :D
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795751)
Posted by Talous on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:50am CDT
Both of these are awsome looking. I find myself likeing the silver version better, you could almost pass it off as a different character than Prime.. Magnus anyone?
If I see one of these I might splurge and grab it.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795757)
Posted by Robot4762 on September 26th, 2008 @ 8:58am CDT
Sucks they aren't coming to the us though..........
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795765)
Posted by olokin on September 26th, 2008 @ 9:05am CDT
The red one looks slick. Thats the one I'd probably get. I really wish these were 1:24 scale.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795770)
Posted by Kryptikore on September 26th, 2008 @ 9:18am CDT
I'm not to fond of the red convoy! The silver sits better with that particular mold design. I do have to agree I wish it was a different character. Not that I dislike Optimus it's just Optimus is supposed to be a truck! I didn't even like the alternator Optimus simply for the fact that my Masterpiece just fits that much better with the rest of my Alternators. I do on the other hand love Nemesis Prime's Alternator vehicle and robot mode. It just fits better IMO. I will still pick these up though.
Re: New Transformers Alternity Convoy Pics - Red & Silver Versions! (795783)
Posted by Prime Evil on September 26th, 2008 @ 9:40am CDT
Talous wrote:you could almost pass it off as a different character than Prime.. Magnus anyone?
If I see one of these I might splurge and grab it.

That's pretty much what I'm gonna do. I got the Silver one on pre-order. He was NEVER gonna be a prime in my collection. Probably have him run his own crew and have Drift with him. I'm definitely loving his looks. Yeah, his alt mode has a lot of exposed lines, but he a TF, it's kinda expected sometimes. For me, it's total WIN.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Beam Box Game System Rescue Bots Wireless Game Controller New - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 55 minutes 36 seconds
2013 transformers bulkhead hero mashers new! - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 58 minutes 6 seconds
2001 G1 Transformers Generations Act-3 Bumblebee Soundwave Sixshot Ironhide NY - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 58 minutes 25 seconds
Hasbro Thundercracker & mini con Zapmaster Transformers Armada 2002 Action... - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 58 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Movie4 Age Of Extinction Prototype Leader Optimus Prime Loose 100% - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 3 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers  Parts G2 GREEN/PINK MIRAGE MOCK-UP mold  blue weapon - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 6 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Leader Class GRIMLOCK Age of Extinction AOE Dinobot Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 9 minutes 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON CYBERVERSE AUTOBOT  ARK  NEW 2002 - Time Remaining: 28 days 9 hours 12 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem