New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot

New Transformers Dark of  the Moon  Daytona 500 TV Spot

Sunday, February 20th, 2011 1:35pm CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 66,931

For those of you that were unaware today was this year's Daytona 500, which featured a heavy Transformers: Dark of the Moon presence. Director Michael Bay, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (Carly) and Josh Duhamel (Lennox) were on hand to serve as Grand Marshals, the Wreckers made their first official appearance as pace cars, and new a TV spot aired! We get a look at Bumblebee's MechTech (similar to what we've previously seen in the game trailer), the Wreckers in action, and more. Check out the embedded video below!

Stayed tuned to Seibertron.com for continued Daytona 500 coverage!

Credit(s): Knightwave2k8

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 20th, 2011 2:14pm CST

Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184666)
Posted by ShardFenix on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:40pm CST
While I still don't know if I like the look of the MechTech weapons...the fact that they are included in the movie makes them a lot less of a WTF idea...
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184667)
Posted by chrisc4 on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:42pm CST
mech tech lives! i believe they pulled it off in the movie without making look too cheesy and lame :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184669)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:44pm CST
Awesome! Glad we got to see Starscream, and Bumblebee's mechtech, which actually looks kind of cool. I was hoping to see what Megatron looked like though...
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184674)
Posted by Daken3687 on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:54pm CST
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184677)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:56pm CST
Daken3687 wrote:is there a picture of the red nascar wrecker?i have not seen anything from that guy no toy picture, no on set picture

You get a brief glimpse of him in vehicle-attack mode in the new teaser trailer. Haven't seen any robot mode pictures yet.
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184678)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:58pm CST
@Daken3687:

BATTOUSAI XD wrote:I was hoping to see what Megatron looked like though...

We got to keep in mind that Megatron's new ID is probably supposed to be a secret.
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184682)
Posted by El Duque on February 20th, 2011 @ 2:03pm CST
I have a feeling the Wreckers are going to be very popular. The only pic of Leadfoot (aka the red one) in bot mode are from Toy Fair as a Cyberverse figure. I'm not sure if we got a pic of him, I know one is available on TFCC's members only page. It looks like he has a beard!

edit: apparently we did get a pic :P
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184686)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on February 20th, 2011 @ 2:12pm CST
Fantastic! Who was speaking at the beginning? Simmons? John Malkovich?

Loved the quick teases of the Wreckers! (Only natural to include them for the 500!)

"Wreck and rule!"
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184689)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on February 20th, 2011 @ 2:29pm CST
Most of this tv spot is left over clips form the Super Bowl trailer with some new bits, bumblebee in stealth mode and leadfoot driving around; but what MADE this trailer was Simmons voice over in the background. That single line gave me goosebumps and got me looking forward to the movie 5 times more than the Super Bowl trailer (which got me heavily excited anyways)
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184704)
Posted by Anonymous on February 20th, 2011 @ 3:16pm CST
at first i thought it was a rerun of the sb one but then i saw staarscream then sam telling carly shell be ok
and then i was totally zoned
bumblebee looked beast
amazing =P~ =P~ =P~
then optimus with big gun all so beautiful
awsome
totally awsome
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184718)
Posted by amtm on February 20th, 2011 @ 3:48pm CST
5150 Cruiser wrote:
icenemesis wrote:Did any one else notice bee's roof turning into his mechtech weapon?

I mentioned that in my above post. He transformed simular to how he did in the DOTM video game trailer.

Not to mention his Speed Stars Stealth Force weapon mode. Gives those toys a little more legitimacy, though they really need to make them transformable into robots for me to care.
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184719)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 20th, 2011 @ 3:49pm CST
I love The Wreckers, but really, how could you not love NASCAR cars decked out in tons of guns and armour? Bumblebee's Mechtech mode isn't as bad as I expected from what I've saw of the toys, surprisingly. Truthfully though, Rosie seems to get less attractive every time I see her, which isn't making me too happy. I'd rather have bots then humans, but I'd prefer a female lead I found attractive.
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184722)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 20th, 2011 @ 4:01pm CST
I just saw the tail end of a commercial walking into the room. It was the same one, right?
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184725)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 20th, 2011 @ 4:10pm CST
Aw, you gotta be kidding me. The Mechtech's actually in the film? Crap. My OCD is gonna go nuts.

I'll end up buying the stupid figures now. >_<
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184735)
Posted by jaws on February 20th, 2011 @ 4:21pm CST
Best timing goes to FOX Sports--Michael, Rosie, and Josh with the Wreckers as a backdrop give the command to start engines and the next thng we saw was this trailer. Really surprised that BB is going to have the speed stars stealth force weapons mode with the huge mechtech cannon on the roof. Who would have thought that toy was actually a DOTM spoiler? Now I have to buy that vehicle. I want Wreckers and voyager OP too really bad now! Wonder if the thing with all the tenticles is Soundwave?
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184740)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 20th, 2011 @ 4:34pm CST
The rookie won. Who knew?
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184747)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 20th, 2011 @ 4:46pm CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:The rookie won. Who knew?

No kidding. Great way to kick off the 2011 season.
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184750)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on February 20th, 2011 @ 4:48pm CST
am i the only one who thinks bumblebee "mechtech" mode looks like the speedstars/rpm?
http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/image ... 61010.jpeg
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184757)
Posted by Starscream217 on February 20th, 2011 @ 4:58pm CST
STARSCREAM! HELL YEAH! :CON: that was awesome :shock:
Re: New Transformers Dark of the Moon Daytona 500 TV Spot (1184761)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 20th, 2011 @ 5:17pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:I was hoping to see what Megatron looked like though...

Yeah I guess it probably is supposed to be secret, but you would think whoever is in charge of deciding on which transformers get shown would have figured out that everyone already knows who Megatron is and what his alt mode is. The same thing happened the last movie. I really don't see the point of hiding him , because I assume he is a secondary villian this time around anyways. They could at least give us some concept images :-(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Lot Megatron Shockwave Hammerbyte Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY