Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 8:37PM CST

Categories: Game News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 111,309

Kotaku.com and the AllSpark.com are reporting that the latest issue of Game Informer has an article about a new Transformers game from Activision titled "Transformers: The War for Cybertron". The game, developed by High Moon Studios, is slated to be released in 2010. Apparently the game is a 3rd person shooter which chronicles the heroic Autobots' battle against the evil Decepticons. The game also allows you to switch factions in order to play as the Decepticons against the Autobots. For more information about this game, please visit Kotaku.com and the AllSpark.com.

Update: Update: Gametrailers will have a teaser trailer up late Thursday night or early Friday morning.

New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron"

UPDATE AGAIN!
daith of the allspark has uploaded images of the characters that we will be seeing in the game, check them out here, you will need to scroll down some though
Credit(s): Activision
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026045)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on December 8th, 2009 @ 8:48pm CST
I like, I like. Hopefully the story is heavily based on WWI. I'd be all for that. So far, the characters we've seen look good.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026048)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 8th, 2009 @ 9:02pm CST
Awesome. Bout time we're getting a "G1" based game that seems like itll be good. Oh yeah & Soundwave looks kickass. I hope theres a toy version of him.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026051)
Posted by Ungie on December 8th, 2009 @ 9:21pm CST
I can tell this is already WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY better than the armada, and the TFTM game. And G1 too! This is going good.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026055)
Posted by Mkall on December 8th, 2009 @ 9:24pm CST
This is awesome.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026060)
Posted by guardianprime on December 8th, 2009 @ 9:43pm CST
*is too busy Jizzing over soundwave to say anything productive*
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026061)
Posted by Savage on December 8th, 2009 @ 9:52pm CST
These look great, especially Soundwave. I'm impressed.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026068)
Posted by --B-- on December 8th, 2009 @ 10:07pm CST
Please be on Wii, please be on Wii, please please please!!!!!
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026069)
Posted by First-Aid on December 8th, 2009 @ 10:11pm CST
(Puts on a pair of Depends)

I think I wet myself.

(takes off and disposes of depends)

That's just flipping AWESOME. I love the new takes on the old G1 characters. Absolutely fantastic.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026071)
Posted by Swiftpaw on December 8th, 2009 @ 10:20pm CST
By the name and the designs this is looking to be a 'pre-earth' setting. Which looks pretty awesome.
Maybe having a bit more creative openness on the programmers' end will get rid of the crappy plots the previous TF games have had too.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026073)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 8th, 2009 @ 10:27pm CST
*cleans up afer his nerdgasm* This looks like it's going to be sweet. I hope they have an online feature. Pleeeeeease pleaseplease let them have an online feature. And being able to "make your own transformer" would be nice too. I could see it easily being handled like they did for the DS games for the first transformers movie.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026079)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 8th, 2009 @ 10:42pm CST
Hmm, looks interesting, but I hope it has nothing to do with the next toyline, I don't really like that look. Unless they reformat later in the game, of course.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026085)
Posted by Varia31 on December 8th, 2009 @ 10:49pm CST
Finally, the Transformers game I've always wanted, and it better be good! The Robot designs are pretty good, like a cross between War Within and movie style. Hmmm, online play on Cybertron, now that would be EPIC! :grin:
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026104)
Posted by 8 bit on December 8th, 2009 @ 11:45pm CST
Egads! We're getting a new Transformer game! How awesome is this!?
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026106)
Posted by Oilspill on December 8th, 2009 @ 11:56pm CST
I like these new designs, specially Optimus and Soundwave. Don't think I actually want figures of them but I do like the look.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026127)
Posted by Seibertron on December 9th, 2009 @ 1:35am CST
Hopefully Don's taking notice of these awesome designs.

These designs are awesome. IDW's Transformers Ongoing's designs? Not so much.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026130)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on December 9th, 2009 @ 1:49am CST
:BOT: Oh man, this looks awesome! :CON:
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026139)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on December 9th, 2009 @ 3:46am CST
Seibertron wrote:Hopefully Don's taking notice of these awesome designs.

These designs are awesome. IDW's Transformers Ongoing's designs? Not so much.

Yes. I totally agree. When I saw that sweet pic of Megs on the home page, I got more excited than I have in recent memory.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026148)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 9th, 2009 @ 5:18am CST
this looks good! me want! now! :HEADHURTS: :BOOM:
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026149)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on December 9th, 2009 @ 5:23am CST
Anyone else see the Unicron-like thing behind Prime? And if this is not on the Wii, I damn well better be getting Xbox 360 for Christmas.
Re: New Transformers game from Activision: "The War For Cybertron" UPDATE: Character images available. (1026152)
Posted by D-340 on December 9th, 2009 @ 5:33am CST
I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic here. While the game LOOKS jaw droppingly cool(can't wait to get my next Game Informer to read the article), I'll have to see it in action via the mentioned trailer before I get too excited. Remember, the Movie based games LOOK great, but they don't play as well as they look. I'm hoping here for game to be a bit more along the lines of TF: Armada than the Movie games.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers Generations 30th 2013 Autobot Hoist Figure New Sealed w/ IDW Comic" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars Rhinox 10th Anniversary Rhinox Rhino NEW MISB SET" on EBAY
Buy "SENTINEL PRIME Transformers KRE-O Buildable Set #30687 386pieces 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Optimal Optimus Complete Transmetals Super Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe VEHICON New Sealed,2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "IronFactory Transformers  IF-EX01G Upgrade  Kit For FOC Dinobot Grimlock TV01c" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime TG-01 Japanese FOC Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Optimus Primal Platinum Edition! 2016 Brand-new!!!" on EBAY