New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco

New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco

Sunday, March 26th, 2017 11:56pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 33,239

Fellow Seibertronian Emerje has shown us a picture of a new redeco of Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime. In comparison to it's original release in 2015 this figure has some slight differences. The arms have more of a grey look as opposed to the original figure. From what we can see on the packaging it appears that the glass armor on Optimus Prime's chest is more of an aqua.

We will have a more accurate idea of what this figure looks like when it is out of the packaging for a review so stay tuned!

Transformers News: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco

Credit(s): Emerje

Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1869629)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 26th, 2017 @ 11:58pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1869632)
Posted by kurthy on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:09am CDT
Where do they get these wonderful toys?
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1869637)
Posted by Emerje on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:35am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I think this is slightly movie-inspired, with the flame pattern on the side and the grey/silver arms.

Exactly. Truck flames plus added silver on the head, arms, body, and feet all point at an attempted movie likeness.

Emerje
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1869640)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:53am CDT
kurthy wrote:Where do they get these wonderful toys?

In South America and parts of South-East Asia I believe. The Cyber series has never seen US release.

And wonderful is in the eye of the beholder, they're upscaled Legion and Legends designs for the most part.
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1869642)
Posted by Emerje on March 27th, 2017 @ 1:02am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
kurthy wrote:Where do they get these wonderful toys?

Yeah, we get over sized, barely painted, non-transforming soap bottles for about the same price. I don't know what the story is with Hasbro, even Mattel's equivalent to that garbage has decent articulation.

Emerje
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1869653)
Posted by RAR on March 27th, 2017 @ 4:17am CDT
I noticed some on eBay but I am sceptical that they are not the KO versions - it's kind confusing as there seems to be several KO's some are different sizes and some are partly metal.

So I've been reluctant to buy them until I knew what I was actually buying as £20 is fair for the originals but expensive if they are non-metal bootlegs as those ones are much cheaper on aliexpress than they are on eBay.

I would rather like the IDW inspired Optimus and the Megatron - but I'd certainly not want to be paying close to south America Prices for a KO.

But I found these two on eBay :

Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1869854)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on March 27th, 2017 @ 6:11pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Great for kids, voyager sized at deluxe price.
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870345)
Posted by Kurona on March 29th, 2017 @ 4:34pm CDT
Not long after we were made aware of the Cyber Batallion series continuing with Prowl and Jetfire, fellow Seibertronian Chuckdawg1999 has kindly uploaded a review of Prowl for us! Take a look at the simple Voyager-sized figure in the video embedded below and tell us what you think in the forums!

Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870440)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on March 30th, 2017 @ 2:58am CDT
I mean...its not the worst Prowl ever, but I much prefer the Combiner wars variant
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870623)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 30th, 2017 @ 6:42pm CDT
Chuckdawg1999 is at it once again, bringing us a review of the Cyber Series Battalion Jetfire figures! Much like Prowl, this figure arrived unannounced and can only be found in a few countries. He is a repaint and slight retool of the previous Starscream figure. Check out Chuck's thoughts and review below!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Jetfire is a repaint and retool of the previously released Starscream Batallion figure. With the history between the two characters, the irony isn't lost on me. The white paint with red trim is sharp, something lacking on most retail figures. While I would've liked new weapons, I understand that might have pushed the budget. While not as fun as Prowl, it's a solid figure.

Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870714)
Posted by SirToys on March 31st, 2017 @ 9:27am CDT
Found them.

IMG20170331202938_Cyber_Battalion_Prowl_Jetfire.jpg
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870731)
Posted by RAR on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:21am CDT
Are the previous ones still around ?
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870735)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:33am CDT
RAR wrote:Are the previous ones still around ?
According to the top shelf seen in this recently-taken Wiki photo, they're still available at Universal Studios:

Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870736)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAR wrote:Are the previous ones still around ?

When I was there in January they had Prime and Bee of that size still
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870742)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:51am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAR wrote:Are the previous ones still around ?

When I was there in January they had Prime and Bee of that size still
When I last went to CityWalk at Universal Orlando, the main Universal Store had only the Deluxes in the newer packaging. But I bring this up because I was surprised to see any Transformers for sale in another store of the park (let alone a store located outside of the Universal Studios part of the park) that wasn't the Transformers: The Ride gift shop.

In a way, the store in CityWalk selling the Universal-exclusive TFs is good news for me since it means that A) I don't have to go to the more expensive Universal Studios part of the park to access a store that sells the TFs, and B) as a Florida resident, I can get free parking for CityWalk after 6pm if I show my ID ('course, it's only after 6pm, when most of the park's more family-oriented attractions are closing down for the evening).
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870777)
Posted by william-james88 on March 31st, 2017 @ 2:01pm CDT
SirToys wrote:Found them.

IMG20170331202938_Cyber_Battalion_Prowl_Jetfire.jpg

Will they be sold on sirtoys.com? Love that store by the way.
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1870854)
Posted by william-james88 on March 31st, 2017 @ 10:43pm CDT
This is big news since there are currently 0 other ways to get these toys unless you live in Taiwan.

Over at Sir Toys, they are selling Cyber Battalion Jetfire for $29.99 USD before shipping. They had Prowl too, but he is since sold out. While this store is known for its KO products, the store owner has claimed that these are legitimate. He has found them in Taiwan and is reselling them through his site.

Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1871085)
Posted by SirToys on April 2nd, 2017 @ 11:24am CDT
RAR wrote:Are the previous ones still around ?

I can get them here. (I took this pic).

IMG_20170331_193817.jpg

I might still be able to get Starscream at another location. There's also KOs of the 1st wave so be careful, but I think the colours are different.

I've put the word in for more so hit the want-list system. Since they're real they're more expensive here for some reason so higher upfront cost means I can't stock too many. I just pick them up as people request and as they remain available.
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1871141)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 2nd, 2017 @ 3:59pm CDT
SirToys wrote:
RAR wrote:Are the previous ones still around ?

I can get them here. (I took this pic).

IMG_20170331_193817.jpg

That Cyber Commander Optimus Prime is the Wave 2 redeco, not the Wave 1 original. You can tell by the silver arms and grill, while the original has them red and blue respectively.
Re: New Transformers Generations Cyber Series Optimus Prime Redeco (1872446)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2017 @ 9:43pm CDT
Are any of you still looking for the brand new Generations Cyber Battalion Prowl and even the previous Cyber Batalion figures that were never disributed at big box stores in the west? Well you can now get them for decent prices from the comfort of your own home. They have popped up at Transfan2's Shop'n Look, an online store which caters to Transformers fans. Prowl and the other Voyager size figures like Grimlock, Megatron and Starscream are 22.99, which is cheaper than the $30 price tag they have at Unviersal Studios. The Leader sized figures like Optimus and Bumblebee are $32.

Let us know if this helps!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron BLASTER" on EBAY
Buy "Hero Mashers Transformers Beast Hunters Series Starscream Hasbro Kids Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Starscream Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY