New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased

New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased

Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 10:42pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 25,907

Thanks to Seibertronians Powered Convoy and Sabrblade, we have been pointed to Takara Tomy's Twitter account which shows a silhouette of King Poseidon, the next Generations Selects relea.... wait.

Transformers News: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased

King Poseidon was just released, and this silhouette has the words "Next Transformers Generations Selects" across it.... this is likely meant to tease King Poseidon's Japanese repaint in the Beast Wars II cartoon, that of God Neptune. In that series, unlike King Poseidon, God Neptune was formed from five sentient Seacons, Halfshell (Turtler redeco), Coelagon (Gulf redeco), Terrormander (Kraken redeco), Sea Phantom (Overbite redeco), and the group's only female member, Scylla, a Tentakil redeco.

Transformers News: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased
Transformers Beast Wars II God Neptune Gallery

There wasn't a Lobclaw redeco in the group, which may be remedied, as the silhouette does show Lobclaw's lobster head as the combiner's right arm.

So what do you think of this latest tease? Are we getting God Neptune in the Selects line? Is this just meant to tease their next project, using their last project as a stand in? Speculate away below!

And while you're speculating, why not take a look at Seibertron's extensive galleries of that latest Selects release, King Poseidon! Click on either picture below to be taken to the gallery of nearly 1500 high quality images.

Transformers News: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased

Transformers News: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 12th, 2020 11:16pm CDT

Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064143)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 12th, 2020 @ 10:55pm CDT
Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah!!!

This is an exciting release. My BWII Galvatron and Gigastorm are looking forward to this!
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064144)
Posted by ausbot on May 12th, 2020 @ 10:58pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064145)
Posted by Mkall on May 12th, 2020 @ 10:59pm CDT
I would have bought this if I had not handled Piranacon before this. I'm happy I have Piranacon, but he's just so floppy I do not want to spend the money again on this.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064146)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:00pm CDT
ausbot wrote:I was hoping for a dinoking/monstructor or a better leokaiser with leozack, jaguar and death cobra
The Selects manga has been strongly hinting at God Neptune being next for some time now.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064147)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:04pm CDT
I may pick up the odd member or two. I generally prefer Piranacon's colors, but I'd be interested in Halfshell and maybe Sea Phantom and Terrormander. Though, if they make God Neptune a boxset instead, I'll probably get them all
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064149)
Posted by aronjlove on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:09pm CDT
If it is God Neptune, I'll definitely pick up Scylla as I missed out on Tentakil, and probably a couple others. I don't have an attachment to King Poseidon or God Neptune but I can always use more Decepticon beasts and limbs. I wonder if these will have the same hands or will they change up the deco, like how the PotP Terrorcons and Ladybots came with hands that matched their own colors.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064151)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:16pm CDT
If it is God Neptune, I'm going to be in for it. May even pick up an extra Scylla, since she's the only BWII toy I have.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064152)
Posted by Seibertron on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:21pm CDT
Does Nautilator / Lobclaw make it to the team finally? Will they have all of their accessories or just the ones necessary for the large trident sword?

Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064153)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:24pm CDT
Wow, what a surprise, totally didn’t see this coming. :roll:

I’m more surprised this is happening so soon after King Poseidon/Piranacon was finished, didn’t even let the new-bot smell disseminate. I would’ve liked to have seen a couple more releases after Super Megatron before we got to here.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064154)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:28pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:BWII "Lobclaw" / "Nautilator" was on my list for a Botcon "G1" molds set along with G1 Scramble City recolors for Alpha Bravo, Offroad, Rook and Sling Shot as Blast Off (or a new name). I thought a five pack of those guys along with a recolor of one of the G1 torsos would have made an amazing Botcon or Club set to honor the history of the brand. Ah, things that never were!

This, this is what would’ve finally got me to actively start getting the G1 combiners. I wonder if they would be totally new molds, simple redecoes, or both?
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064156)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:49pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064158)
Posted by Seibertron on May 12th, 2020 @ 11:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

In the spirit of Combiners Wars, it'd have to be redecos, since that was what all of those guys were. Though a slight remold or parts swap with other molds if able (such as heads or something) would be possibly great.

Blast Off from the G1 Slingshot mold
Rook from G1 Brawl (?)
Offroad from G1 Swindle
Alpha Bravo from G1 Blades
BW2 "Clawfest" (?) from G1 Nautilator
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064159)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 13th, 2020 @ 12:09am CDT
As interesting as that idea sounds, Fun Pub could only use G1 molds that were made available via contemporary reissues.

The Piranacon recolor in 2008 happened because that set had already been planned by Hasbro as a Walmart release, so it was ready to go before Fun Pub got to release it. BBTS then got a reissue of their own in 2010, which could also explain how/why these molds were available for Fun Pub to use in 2008 if Hasbro had planned the BBTS reissue in advance.

Meanwhile, the G1 Spike Headmaster mold was made available for the BotCon 2014 Scorponok because of Encore Fort Max's release in 2013. Same with the Grand Max shell for TFSS 2016 Megatron having been found by Takara along with the Fort Max tooling.

Those were the only G1 molds Fun Pub ever released.

With that in mind, the G1 Vortex and Swindle molds were reissued in the Encore Bruticus set in 2009, so it is possible that those two molds may have been made available for an Alpha Bravo and an Offroad redeco, respectively, but not the Slingshot mold since there's never been a Superion reissue post-1994. Nor any Defensor reissue, so no Blades mold either. Worse still, by the time Fun Pub was doing Combiner Wars-inspired toys was when Hasbro decided to end BotCon and the Collectors Club, so any attempts at any G1-molded versions of the new CW characters wouldn't have had a chance to come from Fun Pub before their license expired, and by which point the final two years' exclusives had already been planned out in advance to use actual CW molds due to an earlier request from Hasbro for Fun Pub to have their Combiner Wars toys reflect what Hasbro was doing with the line at mass retail.

Twas indeed a frustrating time for anyone wanting G1-mold Fun Pub exclusives.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064160)
Posted by Seibertron on May 13th, 2020 @ 12:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Twas indeed a frustrating time for anyone wanting G1-mold Fun Pub exclusives.

It's still frustrating that G1 reissues or mold re-uses doesn't happen. So much potential.

Pretender Cliffjumper, Pretender Skywarp, and Pretender Thundercracker would have been high on my list as well. But this sounds like the beginning of an entirely different topic!
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064162)
Posted by Emerje on May 13th, 2020 @ 12:37am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Alpha Bravo from G1 Blades

I like this idea, but why Blades instead of Vortex, the guy the CW figure was a pre-mold of? If it's because there's too many Combaticon proxies then why not do Rook out of Nosecone?

As for the missing Lobclaw mold, I would just name it Gimlet. For all we know he may be the reason the mold wasn't originally used in the first place. Story-wise, no idea how it would work it probably wouldn't. Brainwashing maybe?

Emerje
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064163)
Posted by Seibertron on May 13th, 2020 @ 12:43am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Alpha Bravo from G1 Blades

Emerje

I'm game for whatever everyone thinks would work best for those Combiner Wars guys as G1 molds. Yes, Alpha Bravo from Vortex would be better, I think I mixed up my G1 helicopters, and too many Combaticon mold potentials for the Combiner Wars guys. There needed to be one more "car" based G1 Combiner I feel like to give more re-mold capabilities!
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064166)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 13th, 2020 @ 2:14am CDT
I just got my last Seacon today and this is already being announced? Feels a bit soon, but I also wasn't really intending to double-dip on these guys anyway...

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Guys, are we sure it's Lobclaw and not Overbite? Their heads are similar in shape, with Overbite's being the smoother of the two. Plus, its position confirms to Seaphantom, the Overbite redeco.

The shape of that limb lad's waist also better matches the rounded shape of Overbite's compared to the outward diagonal slant on Nautilator. While I do think the head shape kinda matches Nautilator more, the combiner is also at an angle in the picture, as evident by looking at the torso (the spacing between the cannons and the chestplate bits aren't right for it to be a head-on shot), which could be throwing off the exact head shape enough to make it that ambiguous.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064167)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 13th, 2020 @ 2:15am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Alpha Bravo from G1 Blades

Emerje

I would have been fine with that. Piranacon never had a direct Scramble City style rival in the G1 line. Superion/Menasor, Bruticus/Defensor, Computron/Abominus.....Piranacon is all on his own. Add Predaking and Devastator into the mix, and Decepticon combiners outnumber the Autobot combiners. I'd actually like to see Hot Spot, Blades and/or Vortex, Breakdown and Dead End G1 molds redone as an original G1 molds Victorion.
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064168)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on May 13th, 2020 @ 2:43am CDT
If we get G1 reissues of all the combiners, I'd love to see G1 Combiner Wars inspired repaints. Depending how it would work out, we could get G1 Toxitron from Motormaster with Offroad from First Aid, Alpha Bravo from Vortex, Rook from Swindle, and either the God Neptune Lobclaw, or Blast-Off from Slingshot. That way it could reference the Master and Mayhem story with Toxitron as a combiner, and add all of the extras to the original roster.

Or, they could repaint the Stunticons and have Windcharger from Wildrider, Sideswipe from Breakdown, Optimus from Motormaster, Jazz from Dead End, and Mirage from Dragstrip and we could have the combiner from Masquerade
Re: New Transformers Generations Selects Combiner Teased (2064170)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 13th, 2020 @ 4:28am CDT
Oh come on, I just dropped $200+ on king posiedon, and now they do this to me? fortunately, since this is :TAKARATOMY: they probably won't be out til next year.

God, I'm such a f'ing sucker for combiners, I just hope this is a box set and they don't include the guns, and shave a good chunk off the set; I do hope they remold scylla a little though, just to make her slightly more feminine when compared to tentacool

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Cny Year Of The Horse Starscream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot incomplete Hasbro missing weapons Hot Shot Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "KREO KREON FIGURE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS MOVIE AOE GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime 12" Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum edition Year of The Horse Starscream" on EBAY