New Transformers Go! Images

New Transformers Go! Images

Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 12:23pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,096

We have a few updates for Takara Tomy's soon to be released Transformers Go! line. First a couple of new images of the Samurai combiner team of Kenzan, Jinbu, and Ganou are making rounds on the various Japanese message boards that show three of the possible combined forms. Second we have an image from the Twitter feed of @orokamo that gives us a look at the animation style that will be used for the Transformers Go! supplemental TV Boy magazine DVD's.

New Transformers Go! Images

New Transformers Go! Images

New Transformers Go! Images

Credit(s): @orokamo

Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490817)
Posted by Superwheeljack on May 28th, 2013 @ 1:24pm CDT
What have they done? :shock:

First TF prime, Now Beast hunters.

Lets pray that takara is restored soon
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490818)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 28th, 2013 @ 1:26pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:What have they done? :shock:

First TF prime, Now Beast hunters.

Lets pray that takara is restored soon

And what is that supposed to mean? This isn't any different from G1 from Headmasters onwards.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490819)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 28th, 2013 @ 1:33pm CDT
The Hot Spice - Officer Barbrady - Jimbo combination looks the best out of the three, with Jimbo - Hotspice - Officer Barbrady coming as a close second. Officer Barbrady as the head and arms leaves an ungainly looking robot for the initial combination.

So is the animation in lieu of Cybertron, or is it just regular old anime? With two differing images, it's making my noggin hurt. :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490820)
Posted by Superwheeljack on May 28th, 2013 @ 1:51pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Superwheeljack wrote:What have they done? :shock:

First TF prime, Now Beast hunters.

Lets pray that takara is restored soon

You didn't get the point, did you?
The TF Prime show in Japan was a horrible versions of one of my top TF shows. I don't have anything against anime, in fact most of the shows I watch are anime, but I hate the cheesy meant for toys anime.
When a company jacks up a perfect show and/or line, I get ticked. I hope this show is at least fair.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490829)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 28th, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
El Duque wrote:...a couple of new images of the Samurai combiner team of Kenzan, Jinbu, and Ganou are making rounds on the various Japanese message boards that show three of the possible combined forms.

There's more than three combined forms?! Are these three compatible with the beastly ninja team as well?

The Kenzan/Jinbu/Ganou combo looks awful. It's just a tower with arms and legs.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490832)
Posted by RhA on May 28th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
I'm in tears. This is glorious. Glorious, I tell you!
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490833)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 28th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:

I'm guessing not, all three forms have a set order. That won't stop Japanese bloggers from trying stuff out tho :lol:
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490850)
Posted by Mkall on May 28th, 2013 @ 3:32pm CDT
Once I understood that the concept of "living robots" is aimed more at young children in Japan, I can understand their direction. In keeping with tradition, I'll just get the figures I like and not pay any heed to the surrounding media.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490857)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 28th, 2013 @ 3:40pm CDT
Those combined forms are disappointing.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490960)
Posted by RAcast on May 28th, 2013 @ 9:48pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Superwheeljack wrote:What have they done? :shock:

First TF prime, Now Beast hunters.

Lets pray that takara is restored soon

You didn't get the point, did you?

Luckily, this is Japan and you can feel free to ignore the non-cannon shenanigans. :P
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1490963)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 28th, 2013 @ 9:49pm CDT
Awesome! Go-Kenzan, Go-Jinbu, and Go-Gan'ō look great!

Gekisōmaru looks pretty cool too.

Superwheeljack wrote:You didn't get the point, did you?
Well, what did you expect? Transformers is for kiddies in Japan. Of course they're gonna make it for a younger audience than in the West. No Transformers cartoon has ever aired in Japan without having very young children in mind. Not even the Japanese-made ones.

Doesn't help that this is a toyetic series, so there's that to consider as well.

Western mindset: "Transformers are for big kids"
Eastern mindset: "Transformers are for little kids"

And it's not just Transformers. "Living robots" in general is a concept viewed as being for youngsters over there, while "piloted robots" are what's big with the older audiences in Japan.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491005)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 29th, 2013 @ 1:16am CDT
And yet Japan still has no excuse for making Airazor a GUY!
That's the worst, and most stupid thing they've done.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491008)
Posted by RhA on May 29th, 2013 @ 1:36am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:And yet Japan still has no excuse for making Airazor a GUY!
That's the worst, and most stupid thing they've done.

I guarantee you that Japan has done far worse than making Airrazor a dude.
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491011)
Posted by njb902 on May 29th, 2013 @ 2:22am CDT
RhA wrote:
That's the worst, and most stupid thing they've done.

I guarantee you that Japan has done far worse than making Airrazor a dude.

That's right. They made...... J pop :SICK:
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491042)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 6:20am CDT
njb902 wrote:
RhA wrote:
That's the worst, and most stupid thing they've done.

I guarantee you that Japan has done far worse than making Airrazor a dude.

That's right. They made...... J pop :SICK:

And... *gulp* ... Kiss Players.

And Takara, when questioned about Airazor's gender and her/his moves on Tigertron, they said "some people are like that."
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491068)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:15am CDT
That's the worst, and most stupid thing they've done.
Not that I approve of their gender-bending Airazor, but one could interpret your post as being a little homophobic.

And, Hasbro's just as guilty with gender-bending characters. They turned Nitro Convoy into a girl. Or is there some double standard where girlfying is okay?
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491098)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 29th, 2013 @ 10:45am CDT
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491099)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 10:52am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Well then, to clarify, I'm not homophobic. I just find it completely idiotic of Takara for making a character male when said character was clearly established as female.

Japan's thinking exactly the same when we changed their male Nitro Convoy to our female Override in Cybertron. >:oP
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491134)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 29th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
In case you're all wondering, Override was to keep his manhood for the Cybertron adaptation (Galaxy Force aired a good 6 months before Cybertron), but was changed to female by Cartoon Network's wishes for a stronger female presence.

Mindmaster wrote:

BW Airazor got the reverse treatment (though only in the cartoon, the Metals manga kept her as a girl, albeit a very stereotypical one), thanks to Japan not liking the "strong tough-as-nails girl" archetype. They prefer them magical instead with the skimpy outfits :lol:
Re: New Transformers Go! Images (1491137)
Posted by craggy on May 29th, 2013 @ 12:29pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
njb902 wrote:
RhA wrote:
That's the worst, and most stupid thing they've done.

I guarantee you that Japan has done far worse than making Airrazor a dude.

That's right. They made...... J pop :SICK:

And... *gulp* ... Kiss Players.

they can join the ReChrome Pride parade! :)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Heroes of Cybertron ESPIONAGE TEAM Bumblebee + Spike Transformers Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 59 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 3RD PARTY MINI SPIKE FIGURE 4-PIECE SET IMPOSSIBLETOYSNET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Shatter Figure Energon Igniter Bumblebee Movie 2018 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series SHATTER Deluxe Class #40 Bumblebee Movie Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Predacon Cryotek Megatron Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Gernerations Cyber Battalion Series JETFIRE Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DINO SPARKERS OPTIMUS PRIME & GRIMLOCK VF HASBRO TF Brand NEW" on EBAY