New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon

New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 3:02am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 51,468

Seibertron.com works tirelessly to bring you the best in content and we've continued that trend with another stunning photo gallery. This time around, the spotlight falls upon the Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise deluxe class Vehicon! Here, you'll get to see the differences between the First Edition and PRID figures, in fine detail. If you wish to view the FE version's gallery, you may do so by clicking this link.

Vehicon (Deluxe Class)
Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise

Join the discussion!

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 12:27pm CDT

Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375866)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:04am CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375867)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:07am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:The only one that they got right in the FE-PRID Transition. Why couldn't all the FE - PRID toys learn from him. :D

I continue to rack my brain on this one and I can't come up with a good answer.
FE's tend to be more complex than PRIDs, but PRIDs tend to be more fiddly and time consuming when getting everything just right. False shoulders, flaps here and there, and then some have complex parts on top of everything else.

Just an absolute mess. And I'm sure we never received a definitive answer as to why.
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375870)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 2nd, 2012 @ 3:42am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

I continue to rack my brain on this one and I can't come up with a good answer.

Yeap, there was no need to redesign the entire toy when you already had a perfectly good mold. This is so unlike Hasbro, since complexity of PRID is rather fiddly too. Oh well, PRID's all we're ever gonna get, I'm thankful I got FE prime, BB, Arcee and Starscream at retail, and I'm loving PRID Cliffjumper much more than I thought I would. :D
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375874)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 2nd, 2012 @ 4:03am CDT
The head sculpt on the FE is better than PRID but the PRID has a better body in robot mode but when it comes to alt mode the FE craps all over the PRID mold
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375909)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:04am CDT
Haters gonna hate, but this is a beautiful figure. I can't wait to get my hands on it, and it will instantly be one of my favorites of my entire collection.
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375912)
Posted by Andrius on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:09am CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375914)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:13am CDT
Andrius wrote:Just opened mine last night. Nice figure, uncommon and well-engineered transformation. Shoulder pegs feel like they're just waiting to break, however. So be careful!

I love how the top of the car folds up on the legs. The figure is very clean looking I got all 3 deluxe and both voyagers in last night
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375921)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:37am CDT
Heck yeah! I can't wait to pick up this guy. I would welcome a chance to get the FE version too, but this one will also make me happy. :D
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375925)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:49am CDT
Oh holy cats he's awesome! I usually buy two of drones like this, such as DOTM Crankcase, but this guy might be x3 or 4 in my collection. Glorious!

His proportions look so much better than the Cyberverse version, and that one was already really nice. Looks to be a home run, Hasbro! :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375926)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on May 2nd, 2012 @ 9:52am CDT
Can't wait to get this guy! Just gotta keep crossing my fingers and hunting :)
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375928)
Posted by Shadowstream on May 2nd, 2012 @ 10:05am CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375958)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 2nd, 2012 @ 11:04am CDT
I shall call him Steve.
If you don't get the reference, GTFO...
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375986)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 2nd, 2012 @ 11:58am CDT
Shadowstream wrote:So you have 3 Vehicons, but only did one gallery. Yeah I'm beating a dead horse here, but if it's one mold that represents what are otherwise characterized as drones, it doesn't deserve more than one gallery...

Wait...

What?

There are TWO Vehicon galleries. One for the First Edition figure, one for the PRID edition, which is what this thread is about.

Maybe I'm just not reading your post right, but seriously, all I'm getting is a huge bunch of WTF?
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375991)
Posted by Seibertron on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:03pm CDT

You are totally beating a dead horse. :HEADHURTS:

The other drones got multiple galleries because they were different characters with different names. There are 3 BotCon 2010 Sharkticon galleries and 3 BotCon 2009 Sweeps galleries because they have different names. I was just having fun with it ... discussions like this take the fun out of it. They each have a separate gallery because they have different names. Heck, I even went so far as to do something different in each of the Sharkticon galleries just to make each gallery unique: Sea Shark has water on the toy and the background, Land Shark has NO water in the gallery, and Air Shark has no water on the toy but water in the background (as if he's flying over water or something).

If Hasbro came out with a 3 pack of Vehicon drones, each with a different name, then I'd do a separate gallery for each of them because the galleries are done by character names ... same reason why a Headmaster's head (such as Stylor) gets a gallery in addition to its main body/character (in this case Chromedome).

If you don't like this, not sure what to tell you. I think you're taking how I do this way too seriously. I'm just having a little fun, doing something special instead of just taking the easy route and dumping them all into one gallery. Just enjoy the galleries that I put countless hours of work into.

Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375992)
Posted by Shadowstream on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
I was recalling an old argument I had regarding the 3 separate Sharkticon galleries. And no, I'm never gonna let that go.
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1375995)
Posted by Period on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:07pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I shall call him Steve.
If you don't get the reference, GTFO...

Unfortunately, I'm lost on that reference. I've been trying for about a month now to see where this started.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!

Seibertron wrote:I was just having fun with it ... discussions like this take the fun out of it.

Great job on the galleries! I appreciate all that you do with your galleries. I know I can always count on you to provide pictures of a toy that will make my decision for me.

Keep up the great work!
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1376011)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:21pm CDT
from the pictures it looks like the best figure in the line, just hope it doesnt feel cheaply made like Arcee. Ill be picking this guy up but not until a price drop.
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1376019)
Posted by Hypershock on May 2nd, 2012 @ 12:27pm CDT
Excellent gallery of the must-get figure for this wave, very well done :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1376062)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 2nd, 2012 @ 1:37pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Prime Gallery: Robots In Disguise Vehicon (1376068)
Posted by Hypershock on May 2nd, 2012 @ 1:53pm CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:I see people talking about picking this guy up when he drops in price how do u even know he's gonna be around that long he's 1 to a case chances are you might not find him at all the way hasbro has been putting out this line. I found all 3 deluxes and both voyagers and bought them up with the way gas prices are I'm saving money in the long run. Ya you may find the figure for cheaper down the road but how many times do you gotta waste your gas looking for him

Well you're mostly right, it won't be in the case assortment from wave 4, but what do gas prices have to do with buying transformers? :???:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY