New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images

New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images

Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 10:43pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 27,142

We have some brand new images of some Transformers RID Kreo sets. While the original post is in Japanese, we can gather that several characters from RID will become Kreo figures. Optimus, Bumblebee and Grimlock and Sideswipe will get three different colorations making a total of 12 figures to collect. The actual source is Eddie Mendelez, snakas just showed the images.

Also upon translating this article it is important to note that these figures were found at a Dollar General store, and not Japan - so keep your eyes peeled for your next visit.

The same poster as the discovery report of Kre - O battle changer the other day, this time also found shops in Dollar General.

Let us know which Kreo figure is your favorite on the boards.

Credit(s): Eddie Mendelez, snakas.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 2:11am CDT

Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899778)
Posted by Etseterrestrial on July 25th, 2017 @ 11:24pm CDT
Looks like they'll have knee articulation. Neat.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899781)
Posted by WreckerJack on July 25th, 2017 @ 11:32pm CDT
"Sideswipe" looks more like Knock Out in my eyes.

Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899790)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 26th, 2017 @ 12:42am CDT
Etseterrestrial wrote:Looks like they'll have knee articulation. Neat.

And elbows. These are based off a China exlusive line that was made for a kids show.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899808)
Posted by Cybertronius Primus on July 26th, 2017 @ 4:46am CDT
On a related subject, TLK Leaders are finally hitting the shelves in the UK. :D
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899840)
Posted by Big Grim on July 26th, 2017 @ 8:03am CDT
I kinda like these. Particularly Prime and Grimlock.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899851)
Posted by o.supreme on July 26th, 2017 @ 9:16am CDT
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899863)
Posted by Glarryg on July 26th, 2017 @ 9:49am CDT
Awww, yeah, more Kre-o! Can't wait for these to show up.

WreckerJack: Sideswipe's resemblance to Knock Out is no coincidence; that helmet was originally made for a Knock Out Kreon. They didn't seem to make Sideswipe quite as red here as he usually is, though, so the similarities kind of add up.

Glarryg
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899867)
Posted by william-james88 on July 26th, 2017 @ 10:04am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Good to see Kreo-O is not entirely dead. I was not aware Dollar General existed in Japan. Should I eve bother checking my local store? They had many of the repack sets, but haven't seen anything new like these. See my want list, I'm still looking for the unreleased Series 3 Warriors... :(

From article:
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1899873)
Posted by o.supreme on July 26th, 2017 @ 10:19am CDT
ok, so when I read things before 7am, I see them as

FAKE QUOTE
note that these figures were found at a Dollar General store, IN Japan

:lol:

OK, that's good, makes a lot more sense. Also on my recent vacation I was able to visit many a "small town" USA, and noticed many of them had a Dollar General, kind of cool.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (1900052)
Posted by Rysquad on July 27th, 2017 @ 12:21pm CDT
These are neat.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2009001)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on February 8th, 2019 @ 4:29pm CST
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2010195)
Posted by dirk2243 on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:10am CST
Decepticon Stryker wrote:So glad I found this (hopefully not dead) thread. I've recently acquired the Class of '85 set and I want to know: once opened, can it be resealed?

What I found from a review was that is claims to be resealable...... I never opened the one I own so i can't speak from personal experience although I am sure someone on this site probably has that actual answer. Great find though. I Loved this line.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2010196)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on February 14th, 2019 @ 10:34am CST
dirk2243 wrote:

Thanks! I honestly never expected anyone to reply to this.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2010204)
Posted by o.supreme on February 14th, 2019 @ 11:04am CST
I am a huge Kreon fan, unfortunately I didn't feel qualified to respond because I never opened my class of 84, or 85 set either. For the longest time it was my goal to collect all the individual TF Kreon mini figures (not counting humans).

The last time I counted, I had everything released from 2011-2015, and it was 354 unique individual TF Kreon's. Of course I never got the unreleased "Warriors" series 3, or the Soccer BB, or some of the later customs that started showing up in family dollar/dollar general stores. Also i was really saddened that we never got a class of 86 set, but by that time, the writing was pretty much on the wall.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2085459)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 28th, 2020 @ 12:54pm CDT
Well, looky what we have here. A 9-pack of Kreons that were previously only available in the 2015 Robots in Disguise Kre-O building sets, with one exception of a unique Kreon never-before-released outside of this set: Polarclaw!

From what I can deduce, this 9-pack seems to have been exclusive to parts of Europe and Asia.

The set contains Springload, Optimus Prime, Polarclaw, Fracture, Sideswipe, Strongarm, Ped, Hammerstrike, and Underbite.

Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2085464)
Posted by o.supreme on October 28th, 2020 @ 1:05pm CDT
Nice. Fortunately I was able to get all the RiD sets as they showed up at Ross/Marshalls etc.. I'll have to dig out my old list. I was quite obsessed with catching em' all for a time, before Generations really got me back into things.

I actually considered selling my collection for a bit, to which my son was resoundingly against, so we still have them all.

I'm eyeing a fairly inexpensive Soccer BB and Summer Drift on eBay I my pull the trigger on. Other than those two I think the only ones I never obtained was the Optimus that was a Free TRU giveaway in Canada (cant recall it's name at the moment), and the Unreleased 3rd Kreon Warriors assortment.

All the re-releases that showed up at Dollar General later, even with minute differences, I didn't bother with.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2085466)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 28th, 2020 @ 1:06pm CDT
Kinda funny that Botbots seems to be fading away similar to how the Kreo line did. With this news, maybe there is hope of finding the rest of Series 5 Botbots somewhere online from an international seller in about 3-4 years.
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2102802)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 23rd, 2021 @ 3:41pm CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Shuffler, has made a fun discovery that wasn't covered previously. While vacationing at Universal Studios Orlando, they came across an exclusive Kre-O Set. This set was originally made to promote the 3D Transformers Ride attraction, it featured Kre-O minifigure versions of Megatron, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and Evac, with all characters designed to look like how they did on the ride. The set was updated in 2015 to give the same characters new tooling for the Kre-O bodies. Now though, the set has been updated, with Evac being replaced by a character called N.E.S.T Sentry.

If you look to the right, you can see some of the older sets there, featuring the displaced Evac.

Do you still have a Kre-O collection? Does this set interest you?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2102804)
Posted by roughhouse on April 23rd, 2021 @ 4:28pm CDT
Re: New Transformers Robots In Disguise Kre-O Images (2102805)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 23rd, 2021 @ 4:51pm CDT
NEST Sentry appears to be a green Beachcomber.
Beachcomber.jpg

Which is really weird - as a Universal exclusive, why would they get rid of the character that turns into the ride vehicle? At least the other version is still there.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Mint Computron Unite Warriors Combiner Technobots Transformers Upgraded! Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Titans Return - DABURU & TWINFERNO - MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Siege on Cybertron Thunderwing velocitron Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY