New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia

Transformers News: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 1:46PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 12,948

While the US of A has been getting all the Siege toys first (just like it happened with wave 1 of POTP), the line has been propagating across the globe, finding many happy fans. Canada was missing the leaders, and while they have yet to hit Walmart or Toysrus, they have been popping up at EB-Games at $69.99 (which is the retail price for leaders in Canada now). They can also be purchased online (though randomly allocated).
As for Australia, we have had reports that the first wave (except for leaders) is being found at Toy World shops. The prices are $12 for Battle Masters, $40 for Deluxes and $55 for Voyagers.

The prices listed in the article are of course in the currency of the country the product was sighted.

Transformers News: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004466)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 13th, 2019 @ 2:14pm CST
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004469)
Posted by Burn on January 13th, 2019 @ 2:28pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:40$ for a deluxe? Yeesh. At least Australia has them, cuz all I see here are the Wave 1 Battle Masters and Micromasters.

It's barely news considering how few Toyworlds there are in the country. But it's normal for them to get stock before the big stores, if we're lucky, once the big stores get them they'll be slightly cheaper (not much) and actually stock them.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004473)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 13th, 2019 @ 3:09pm CST
Burn wrote:

I was refering to here in Florida, where we still have the tailender of Studio Series and POTP. Only the Battle Masters and Micromasters have shown up so far, but hopefully I will get to see more soon.

On a sidenote, will probably pick up POTP Optimal Optimus, because after watching Season 3 of Beast Wars, everything that bothered me about him ceased to exist. I actually enjoy his jet mode now that I've seen it in action. No "car mode" but I am least interested in that. Primal doesn't bother me like he used to. All in all, I think he is the best Leader from POTP, and I would recommend picking him up. BTW, I'm not even a Beast Wars fan :)
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004476)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 13th, 2019 @ 3:24pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Has there ever been a flawless line?
At the risk of further derailing the thread, no line is perfect, but I thought RiD/Car Robots came pretty close. So far, the SS line is doing great, with only a couple of missteps. Siege, on the other hand has been hit and miss, and we're only into wave 1.

RiD (2001)/Car Robots is marred by ill-advised use of clear plastic on X-Brawn and especially Prowl, plus Mega Octane/Dolrailer being absent the base-mode launcher in both RiD and Car Robots. There's also the matter of Fortress/Brave Maximus: The US didn't get him at all because the mold doesn't pass the drop test, and while Japan did get him almost all his accessories were held back as campaign prizes.
And not necessarily a flaw on its own, but still worth noting: half the molds were recycled from past lines :P

william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:No Hot Rod or Grimlock? As much as I like them I'm kinda glad they're giving them a rest. They will probably show up later in the Trilogy.

Springer before Grimlock or Skywarp is a surprise.

Skywarp was never going to be part of the regular line. If/WHEN he comes out, it will be as an exclusive.

Well, of course. :lol: It's Skywarp after all - it's something of a trend, although there are exceptions.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004502)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 13th, 2019 @ 4:57pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Has there ever been a flawless line?

I was thinking more of screen accuracy. I know that "best" is a subjective term, and we look at the lines from different perspectives. My thought was that all the figures I had/saw in the lines were accurate to the screen representation, as far as I can remember. I'm about to watch the subbed version of Car Robots soon so I'll be refreshed.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004515)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 13th, 2019 @ 5:31pm CST
Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, Riley Hoffman, Sentinel_Primal and Nemesis Primal we have learned that YouTuber TonTon Reviews has uploaded a new video review of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Wave 2 Deluxe Class Prowl! The review covers his transformation and comparisons with his Siege brethren and with Studio Series #38 Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime.

We have embedded the video below for your convenience:

Will you be hunting Prowl down for your collection? Or are you content with one of his other incarnations for your toy shelves? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004526)
Posted by Flashwave on January 13th, 2019 @ 5:54pm CST
Prowl is a definate. But I wish he had his shoulder rockets.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004530)
Posted by Riley Hoffman on January 13th, 2019 @ 6:08pm CST
I’ll probably buy him if I see him in stores, but won’t hunt him down online. Wish he had shoulder rockets
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004538)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:19pm CST
Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?

I know that it's, generally, unpopular; I'm not complaining about its absence, I am complaining that there is, yet another, inconsistency across the Generations toys...
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004539)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:27pm CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?

Now that you mention it, Chromia has none either.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004541)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:49pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?

Now that you mention it, Chromia has none either.

I wouldn't say that for certain, given the amount of people who were convinced Skytread/Flywheels and Cog didn't have any battle damage. It could easily be there but very lightly applied or hard to see, or just not show up easily on camera due to color or placement. My Cog has battle damage on his inner calves, for example.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004542)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2019 @ 7:54pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Anyone else notice the lack of battle damage paint?

Now that you mention it, Chromia has none either.

I just checked some images, and Ironhide only seems to have them on the inside of his arm panels.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004547)
Posted by william-james88 on January 13th, 2019 @ 8:12pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm saying he is too damn small.

Small for a leader class? Small for 50$? Or too small an Ultra Magnus to scale with voyager Prime?

All of the above.
Look, I get it, I'm in the minority on this. I really kinda hate this line, but most of you love it, and that's awesome, it really is.
I don't want to be that guy hating on what others like, so I'm going to stay out of here until I I get my hands on Starscream.

I am pretty sure Starscream is not the figure that would convince you otherwise. I really think they chose to start off with a bang with their best figures in the first wave. I am excited for Ironhide though as well as the Trypticon weaponizer guy (Brunt?)
I also feel Magnus is too small both fir the price and the size class but I dont think he is small compared to Prime. They look about right together. I do wish the price waa cheaper dir the leaders and that there was a cheaper option of Shockwave available where you would just get the main figure. But it is what it is.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004551)
Posted by Patrickab7 on January 13th, 2019 @ 8:52pm CST
Hit the motherlode at Fairview Heights Target today as they had Magnus and two Shockwaves...finally picked up Magnus.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004564)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:17pm CST
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004566)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:21pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Bear in mind, the Chromia and Prowl in these vids are almost certainly stolen samples that may not have been 100% finished (I assume the battle damage is a finishing touch), and the ones we see at retail could actually have battle damage.

The SDCC samples had no battle damage either.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004568)
Posted by Emerje on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:22pm CST
william-james88 wrote:We already know the entire content for Siege when it comes to wide releases for deluxe, voyager and leader:
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... res/42353/

Seems like we should get one more unknown Leader in wave 3, can't imagine them only doing 2 complete waves with new figures. Remember when we thought we knew all of the possible figures in Deluxe wave 2 and then out of nowhere Hasbro surprises us with Chromia despite not being listed in leaks? It could happen again.

Emerje
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004569)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:26pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The SDCC samples had no battle damage either.

Ah, okay. Still the paint on con samples doesn't necessarily reflect what the actual shelf toys will be like :P
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004573)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:42pm CST
I would love it if the other lines in the Trilogy gave us some figures for seldom-represented characters from G1, since John Warden is so focused on that era. Straxus and Thunderwing come to mind immediately, with at least Straxus being leader class. I know it's an impossible wish, but one can dream.
Re: New Transformers Siege Sightings for Canada and Australia (2004575)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 13th, 2019 @ 11:51pm CST
the way he transforms is reminiscent of the g1 toy
i certainly hope we get silver bluestreak and smokescrean too

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Voyager Class Springer Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron FOC Deluxe Class Whirl MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation One G1 Reissue Walmart Exclusive Tailgate New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrust  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Wheelie Sealed MISB MOSC Legends Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sergeant Kup 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Scourge Fracas 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Fall of Cybertron Skywarp (Complete)" on EBAY